Windows 10: Windows 10 WHQL, Secure Boot and Driver Signing

Discus and support Windows 10 WHQL, Secure Boot and Driver Signing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I've been running my PC without Secure Boot enabled now for some time, maybe years, without any problems. However, I've been looking into what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TraceyW, Jun 18, 2021.

1. TraceyW Win User

Windows 10 WHQL, Secure Boot and Driver Signing

Hi I've been running my PC without Secure Boot enabled now for some time, maybe years, without any problems. However, I've been looking into what Secure Boot does and now want to enable it. Snag is that to do that I have to enable Windows 10 WHQL which looks to see if all drivers have been signed. In my browsing I found a command to use to check the signing of all drivers and having used it, I am told that I have one driver which is unsigned. Further investigation tells me that it is a Microsoft file associated with ACPI and on checking the properties of said file shows that it HAS been signed so what is going on? The file involved is "wdfcoinstaller01011.dll" and I had several different versions of it. Using a WinXPE flash drive I managed to copy the latest version so it overwrote the older versions in the File Repository but its still showing up as unsigned. So my question now is: where the hell do I go now??? Do I have to do a clean install and enable Windows 10 WHQL and Secure Boot before I even start or is there some other way I can fix this problem? One further thing I have is an earlier version of the above file. The filename is the same except for the numbers at the end of the filename. This file is "wdfcoinstaller01009.dll". Would this have any effect on what I am presented with? Interestingly, I've got 16 copies of this file which vary between 1,428KB and 1,691KB and six are in different folders of the System32 File Repository!!! Any help would be most appreciated and if any further info is required then please ask and I'll do my best to oblige. Many thanks. Tracey PS I'm using Windows 10 21H1 as up-to-date as possible

:)

TraceyW, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 WHQL, Secure Boot and Driver Signing

1. Windows 10 WHQL, Secure Boot and Driver Signing - Similar Threads - WHQL Secure Boot

2. Windows 10 Secure boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Secure boot: Hello, I would like to know if I turned off Secure boot in windows 10 will I be able to have encrypted drives that do not require a user to enter a boot password. I am currently using an endpoint software for DLP policy and it does not work with secure boot on. If I turn if...
  3. Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re-enabling secure boot after trying out non-WHQL USB 3.1 drivers: The USB 3.1 drivers found here are non-WHQL drivers and need Secure Boot to be disabled for the OS to boot. Take note that this is a legit site and is actually a famous one, in case you guys aren't familiar with it. So after trying out these drivers, I decided to use the...
  4. Nvidia 430.64 WHQL driver released for Windows with fixes

in Windows 10 News
    Nvidia 430.64 WHQL driver released for Windows with fixes: Nvidia today released GeForce Game Ready WHQL 430.64 drivers for Windows 10, 8, 8.1 and 7 with a slew of bug fixes. Nvidia 430.64 driver update includes security fixes and as well as Game Ready status for a couple of new games. Nvidia 430.64 also comes with a fix for a bug...
  5. Update WHQL to DCH Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Update WHQL to DCH Driver: I've already installed latest Intel HD Graphics WHQL version 25.20.100.6373, but it keeps pop up me with warning igfxEM.exe App error box (the instruction at 0x0007FFF90D90A03 referred memory at 0xFFF... The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate the program) every...
  6. Nvidia releases 416.81 WHQL driver update for Windows 10 with fixes

in Windows 10 News
    Nvidia releases 416.81 WHQL driver update for Windows 10 with fixes: Nvidia today released a new GeForce Game Ready WHQL 416.81 driver update which comes with many improvements and fixes. This is the same update which was released to the beta users a couple of weeks ago. The update comes with optimizations for Battlefield V along with many...
  7. Windows 10 Secure Boot

Windows 10 Secure Boot: Compare Windows 10 Editions According to that link, Windows 10 Home is missing "Trusted Boot". Is this saying that Windows 10 Home edition does not have the UEFI secure boot feature available (I could not find any specific details of "Trusted Boot")? 54028
  8. Windows 10 and "Secure Boot"

Windows 10 and "Secure Boot": Regarding the Secure Boot feature introduced in Windows 8: Windows 10 to make the Secure Boot alt-OS lock out a reality | Ars Technica First off am I understanding correctly that the Secure Boot option is actually enforced by UEFI and not by the OS? I'm seeing some...
  9. Best WHQL AMD Crimson Driver?

Best WHQL AMD Crimson Driver?: I just updated to Windows 10 which has installed Radeon Crimson driver v15.11. However, the Radeon Settings Utility finds WHQL driver 16.3.2. There is also the non-WHQL Crimson v6.6.1 Hotfix driver on AMD's web site which I had problems with in Windows 8.1. Have people...
  10. GeForce 341.95 Driver - WHQL - Seems Unstable?

GeForce 341.95 Driver - WHQL - Seems Unstable?: I have an older PC running Windows 10 winver 1511. I couldn't do the November 2015 update from the previous version of Windows 10, so I did a clean install. All worked out okay, just had to mess around with Creative Labs to finally get the audio drivers working properly. I...