Windows 10: windows 10/ why are my pictures on the desktop homescreen

Discus and support windows 10/ why are my pictures on the desktop homescreen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i cant seem to move my pictures off the home screen and back into my folder, I do know how but is the only way is to do one at a time ,and one have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by adriian julesmarie, May 30, 2019.

1. windows 10/ why are my pictures on the desktop homescreen

i cant seem to move my pictures off the home screen and back into my folder, I do know how but is the only way is to do one at a time ,and one have any quick ideas , I tried the paint thingy any setting I have to use ??

:)

adriian julesmarie, May 30, 2019
  2. cg21315 Win User

changing Homescreen options

I'm wondering if anyone knows how I could change my homescreen to display a directory other than my desktop, for example my downloads, or pictures etc.

The reason why I'm asking is because everything is being stored on the desktop under my OneDrive and I want to change it so that my homescreen displays my regular desktop, not the one under Onedrive.

Thanks in advance!

cg21315, May 30, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. windows 10/ why are my pictures on the desktop homescreen

Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, May 30, 2019
Thema:

windows 10/ why are my pictures on the desktop homescreen

1. windows 10/ why are my pictures on the desktop homescreen - Similar Threads - why are pictures

2. Why are the icon on my homescreen so spaced apart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are the icon on my homescreen so spaced apart: Each time i restart my msi creator laptop the icons become bigger and are spaced more apart. This has been going on for about a week. I am pretty new to windows 11 so i don't really knowhow to fix this or how to customize it. Specs if needed:Windows 11MSI Creator Z16P...
  3. Why are the icon on my homescreen so spaced apart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are the icon on my homescreen so spaced apart: Each time i restart my msi creator laptop the icons become bigger and are spaced more apart. This has been going on for about a week. I am pretty new to windows 11 so i don't really knowhow to fix this or how to customize it. Specs if needed:Windows 11MSI Creator Z16P...
  4. Why does my homescreen look like this??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my homescreen look like this??: I was just using the auto clicker to play some games and i left to get some water but the mouse got bumped and it clicked something on the screen i don't know what is clicked but it made my home screen look really weird...
  5. Why does my homescreen look like this??

Why does my homescreen look like this??: I was just using the auto clicker to play some games and i left to get some water but the mouse got bumped and it clicked something on the screen i don't know what is clicked but it made my home screen look really weird...
  6. Why does my homescreen look like this??

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Downloads Showing On My Homescreen

Downloads Showing On My Homescreen: I'll make this as comprehensible as possible because I am not quite sure what to look up. Any time I download something like an image, it saves on my home screen. I do not want this and am not sure how to change it....
  8. Downloads Showing On My Homescreen

Downloads Showing On My Homescreen: I'll make this as comprehensible as possible because I am not quite sure what to look up. Any time I download something like an image, it saves on my home screen. I do not want this and am not sure how to change it....
  9. homescreen on desktop of Windows 10

homescreen on desktop of Windows 10: My wallpaper and icons have suddently enlarged. I right clicked on open space and then clicked refresh but no change. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homescreen-on-desktop-of-windows-10/e31dbef1-f326-4cfb-bc30-79228d7f9057
  10. popup on my desktop homescreen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    popup on my desktop homescreen: I left mt apple computer sitting at the home screen when a popup window appeared that said "suspicious content found". I cant remember 100% what it looked like bc it was a while ago, but it had that typical Microsoft look like from the website. I was wondering what this even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 homescreen

2. homescreen settings

3. homescreen settings windows 10