Windows 10: Windows 10, why is my proxy service being turned on, why is Microsoft Store slow to load or...

Discus and support Windows 10, why is my proxy service being turned on, why is Microsoft Store slow to load or... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had to share this info. After digging deep off and on for several weeks I figured out the solution to these issues. They appeared to work for me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mbrooks74, Nov 26, 2020.

1. mbrooks74 Win User

Windows 10, why is my proxy service being turned on, why is Microsoft Store slow to load or...

I had to share this info.

After digging deep off and on for several weeks I figured out the solution to these issues. They appeared to work for me anyway. I hope they will work for you. I won't go into all the maybe's and possible causes but I found I had 2 separate programs apps that were causing my issues. The first issue was causing the second. Malware Bytes had a switch in the preferences/settings that forced itself to use a proxy service. If the switch was on the system would turn the service on. I turned it off. Had another program. Video Downloader Ultimate that turns it on. I set that program to always be off unless I want to use it. It does turn the proxy service on. Now that I know that, I just need to remember to go into the settings and turn the proxy service off when I am done using it.

While the proxy service is on my system showed many of the symptoms of the "can't connect to the Microsoft Store app issue." Most of the well intended answers I've seen for this never mention, "check your proxy setting" You might have an app or two that is turning it on. If that be the case, deal with it the best you see fit. Remove the app, make sure the preferences are not affecting it. Or try another way.

I'm posting this to share what worked for me! Good luck!

:)

mbrooks74, Nov 26, 2020

2. Windows Store Service (WSService) always stops

Hi Daryl,

As you are facing issues with Windows Store services and unable to download any apps, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made nay changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open
      Run
      command, type inetcpl.cpl.
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start the Windows Store service and set it up as Automatic and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run
      command, type Services.msc and press
      Enter.
    • Search for Windows Store service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Step 3: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps
    troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access the Windows Store app, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Windows Cannot Detect Network Proxy (Apps Only)

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to access internet through applications and Microsoft Store, I suggest you follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

Turn off Use a proxy server.

To do that,

1. Type ‘Change proxy settings’ in the Windows search bar.
    2. Under ‘Use a proxy server’, toggle the switch ‘Off’.

Also refer the following steps posted by
    Suel_440
    on August 2, 2015 and check if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Windows 10, why is my proxy service being turned on, why is Microsoft Store slow to load or...

ReubenFaleiro, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10, why is my proxy service being turned on, why is Microsoft Store slow to load or...

1. Windows 10, why is my proxy service being turned on, why is Microsoft Store slow to load or... - Similar Threads - why proxy service

2. Why is microsoft store being weird??

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why is microsoft store being weird??: I went to buy robux digital item on roblox, and when microsoft asked me to put in my card info, i did so, and it declined. You guys still charged me 10 cents so why did it decline?? can i at least get my money back??...
  3. Why is microsoft store being weird??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is microsoft store being weird??: I went to buy robux digital item on roblox, and when microsoft asked me to put in my card info, i did so, and it declined. You guys still charged me 10 cents so why did it decline?? can i at least get my money back??...
  4. Why is microsoft store being weird??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is my microsoft store not loading?

Why is my microsoft store not loading?: Every time I try to open Microsoft store it appears and then disappears. I've tried many different things to fix, like restarting my pc, uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft store. I need help asap...
  6. Why is my microsoft store not loading?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why is my microsoft store not loading?: Every time I try to open Microsoft store it appears and then disappears. I've tried many different things to fix, like restarting my pc, uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft store. I need help asap...
  7. Why is my microsoft store not loading?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?: I am using the Opera GX browser.When I opened the browser, I am getting a notification from my anti-virus software ESET NOD32, that Opera obtained access to my webcam.When I dug into this further, I found that it isn't Opera GX, but "Model: Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy,...
  9. Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?

Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?: I am using the Opera GX browser.When I opened the browser, I am getting a notification from my anti-virus software ESET NOD32, that Opera obtained access to my webcam.When I dug into this further, I found that it isn't Opera GX, but "Model: Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy,...
  10. Why does Microsoft Streaming Service Proxy access my Webcam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security