Windows 10: Windows 10/ + Why it it when i have a load of folders and VLC Files, sorted by date modify

Discus and support Windows 10/ + Why it it when i have a load of folders and VLC Files, sorted by date modify in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All i get is old VLC Films at the top of the Directory . And not the SORT BY DATE MODIFIED As Commanded. Steve *** Email address is removed for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Portsbruff, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10/ + Why it it when i have a load of folders and VLC Files, sorted by date modify

All i get is old VLC Films at the top of the Directory . And not the SORT BY DATE MODIFIED As Commanded.

Steve

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

* Moved from Research/Eyes First

:)

Portsbruff, Jun 27, 2020
  2. 409409409 Win User

Sort files AND folders by "Date Modified" in File Explorer

Hello,

Is there a way to sort folders and individual files by "Date Modified" together? Right now, when I sort by "Date Modified," folders are automatically put at the bottom below files, even if they have been modified more recently than a file. When I'm quickly
    scanning a list, this is very distracting. How can I fix this?

409409409, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Sort by 'Date Modified' but keep folders at the top?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after recent update when you sort the files by Date Modified, the folders are listed at the bottom. We would like to know which update was installed on the computer, to check go to
    Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.

However, you can go ahead and try the following steps and see if that helps in listing the folders at top:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where your files are stored.
    2. Sort files by Date Modified (Recent files first).
    3. Hold Shift key and click on the
      Name
      column. This will bring folders at the top with files sorted with Date Modified.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10/ + Why it it when i have a load of folders and VLC Files, sorted by date modify

folder sorting by date modified

might seem stupid but i just got a new laptop and ran into this problem when trying to set up.

one of the things i need is to sort files in the 'downloads' folder by date modified, so i can find the ones most recently downloaded at the top. However, i found this was not the case when i pressed the 'date modified'column. It is sort by date, but primarily
    by 'type' first. Which means files are first grouped by type THEN by date modified.

please how do i fix this so it disregards the type and sort purely by date modified??? Windows 10/ + Why it it when i have a load of folders  and VLC Files, sorted by date modify :(

wingocustom, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10/ + Why it it when i have a load of folders and VLC Files, sorted by date modify

1. Windows 10/ + Why it it when i have a load of folders and VLC Files, sorted by date modify - Similar Threads - Why load folders

2. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  3. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorting folders by date modified: Hello everyoneI moved a folder that has a lot of folders and files from one hard disk to another, the thing is I like my data to be sorted by date modified which I did, however, the folders aren't sorted by date modified for some reason even though the files "videos" are...
  4. Sorting folders by date modified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  6. Folders sorted by Date Modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders sorted by Date Modified: I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. All of my work related folders are sorted based on Date Modified because I need to know which folders were recently accessed to had changes made to them. Everything is fine until I reset the laptop. Once the machine is back and running,...
  7. Folders sorted by Date Modified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders sorted by Date Modified: I am running Windows 11 on my laptop. All of my work related folders are sorted based on Date Modified because I need to know which folders were recently accessed to had changes made to them. Everything is fine until I reset the laptop. Once the machine is back and running,...
  8. folder sorting by date modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folder sorting by date modified: might seem stupid but i just got a new laptop and ran into this problem when trying to set up. one of the things i need is to sort files in the 'downloads' folder by date modified, so i can find the ones most recently downloaded at the top. However, i found this was not the...
  9. Sort by 'Date Modified' but keep folders at the top?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sort by 'Date Modified' but keep folders at the top?: After installing the new update, I cannot sort my files by Date Modified (recent files first) and have my folders first before my recent files like I used to. They go straight after all my files. The only way I can get the files to the top is if I sort by Date Modified...
  10. Slow Folder Loading when sorting by Date

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Folder Loading when sorting by Date: I am a photographer and needless to say have thousands of photos on my computer. However, I've noticed since upgrading to Windows 10 that a folder with only 5 jpeg's can take 10 seconds to load (with the green process bar) if I sort by date. Seems to be fine with file name...