Windows 10: Windows 10.... why oh why

Discus and support Windows 10.... why oh why in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I bought my laptop in Hong Kong and brought it home to australia... with windows 8... seemed to have no issues... so lets upgrade to windows 10...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AUWIN10, Jan 22, 2016.

1. AUWIN10 Win User

Windows 10.... why oh why

So I bought my laptop in Hong Kong and brought it home to australia... with windows 8... seemed to have no issues... so lets upgrade to windows 10... sure that'll be cool it's free.... ... suppose to be better than 7, 8 and 8.1.... HA...So now my audio seems to mute itself unless i turn it upto 16.. then it will start working and i can turn it down again should i wish to....The Start menu... well.. does that EVER work seems like if MS pushes an update to your PC.. which you don't know about then the start menu has a fit and stops working... Win + X to reboot and all ok again....Display drivers????? come on NVIDIA GEFORCE 750M has caused a problem and windows disables it..... really? and you can't fix this.... Microsoft you have some serious issues if this is your best O/S... Windows 98 was more stable than this piece of crud you are selling ..... oops sorry giving away for free... I guess you really do get what you pay for.. lolAnyone wanting to add their frustrations to this feel free as i guess there will be no solutions anytime soon

:)

AUWIN10, Jan 22, 2016
  2. tstout1 Win User

WHY oh WHY??

I wonder how much time of people lifes have been wasted on trying to figure out new paths on windows os upgrades, SMH. Got a day or two of my life, thanks!

tstout1, Jan 22, 2016
  3. tstout1 Win User
    WHY oh WHY??

I was building computers and "programming" before there was even a "windows". So yeah been making a mess of computers since they been around. But facts are facts and the fact is everything being talking about is GUI related, it about the paths, the controls.
    I really can't make mess of a computer. But it BS, when you take stuff out of an OPERATING SYSTEM so you can't operate it like you have been. If they said hey NEW Windows Skyblue, folks would think it is all new, and will have to learn new stuff.

When says upgrade/update to better version, ppl want same ways to do the stuff they already know how. That is not an upgrade when you have to search every 20mins how to do something in windows 10 that you knew how to do already, and it not UPGRADED the paths
    are just moved, Pffttt.

So the "you learn how to use a computer" is more or less someone just talking smack.

tstout1, Jan 22, 2016
  4. caperjack Win User

hello ,and welcome to tenforums , did you check for updated drivers from the Laptops/video device /sound drvice ect ect manufactures website to see if they had drivers for win10 before or after the upgrade to win10, just like to add that not all of us have issues like yours with win10,so start by check for updated drivers for the issues you are having

caperjack, Jan 22, 2016
  5. AUWIN10 Win User
    Drivers check.. yeah i've done them... from nvidia website... certified for windows version 10.18.13.6143.... still i get "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

AUWIN10, Jan 24, 2016
  6. swarfega Win User
    Now that you have been upgraded, you can do a clean install of Windows 10 as the old Windows 8 cd key has been associated with your hardware. Remember to back up any personal files.

swarfega, Jan 24, 2016
  7. *sighs* Here we go again. It amazes me that people have so little understand of what it is like to install an OS over an existing OS with an infinite number of hardware and software combinations.

If you choose to do the upgrade and it works fine, great. If not, or if you want the best possible install, then wipe it out and perform a clean install. This has been the case as long as I have been working in the tech industry, when we were discussing the Windows 98 upgrade over 95, or buying the full version of 98.

I also don't understand the logic of calling the OS non-functional when so many people are using it and having no issues.

Now that my venting is over, get your latest Windows 10 drivers and do a clean install. Problem solved.

DeaconFrost, Jan 24, 2016
  8. Windows 10.... why oh why

Agree with you 100%
    Every OS I have installed it on went in no trouble at all.
    Made sure BIOS and drivers all up to date and bingo all working well

hTconeM9user, Jan 24, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Doing a clean install as suggested to you would be your best way to go.

davidhk, Jan 24, 2016
  10. I have had issues with Windows 10 due to slow performance. Reason being, my system wasn't supported for Windows 10 yet it came with Windows 7. I have also had issues finding drivers. Praise God it's doing okay as of now. I just hope I don't have to do another system reset due to slow performance again.

Jesse Williams, Jan 24, 2016
  11. I don't think it is a matter of support or not. Your processor is on the lower side of the performance scale. You have to go back quite a ways to find a processor that will not run Windows 10.

12. caperjack Win User
    just because it came with win7 means nothing ,remember win7 was updated and then upgraded to win7 SP1 ,ect ect .and it could have been borderline ready for win7 when the company/maker put win 7 on it , enjoy

caperjack, Jan 24, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

Yes. There are/were Win 7 computers that can not run the Windows Movie Maker 6.0 which is included in most Win 7 OS.
    Users had to go and install the WMM 2.6 version in order to make movies/videos.

davidhk, Jan 24, 2016
  14. You've got to be kidding me. Once again? Disgusting?

I go out of my way to help the people who want help. Search my posts. I've been around the "forum" block long enough (back to when they were called BBS) to know when a person waats help, or when they just want to rant about how Microsoft didn't give them the digital hug they expected.

15. @DeaconFrost, what do you mean I have to go back quite a ways to find a processor that will not run Windows 10?

Jesse Williams, Jan 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10.... why oh why - Similar Threads - why why

2. Why can't we change the skin color of the emojis?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't we change the skin color of the emojis?: Why can't we change the skin color of the emojis? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-we-change-the-skin-color-of-the-emojis/a8578d74-b333-47ee-80bf-84c38ef7dd22
  3. Why can't we change the skin color of the emojis?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't we change the skin color of the emojis?: Why can't we change the skin color of the emojis? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-we-change-the-skin-color-of-the-emojis/a8578d74-b333-47ee-80bf-84c38ef7dd22
  4. Why does epic games lags my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does epic games lags my computer?: Why does epic games launcher lags my computer? When I download epic games, my pointer starts moving when I'm not touching it, and when I delete it, it doesn't move. When I download it, it for some reason does some weird stuff, such as turns off my computer in 2 minutes. Can...
  5. Why does epic games lags my computer?

Why does epic games lags my computer?: Why does epic games launcher lags my computer? When I download epic games, my pointer starts moving when I'm not touching it, and when I delete it, it doesn't move. When I download it, it for some reason does some weird stuff, such as turns off my computer in 2 minutes. Can...
  6. Why can't I disable real time protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I disable real time protection?: I'm trying to disable real-time protection, but I can't do that until I disable tamper protection, and it doesn't allow me to do that even though I'm the administrator.I tried gpedit, regedit, safe mode, cmd, and PowerShell but nothing worked....
  7. Why can't I disable real time protection?

Why can't I disable real time protection?: I'm trying to disable real-time protection, but I can't do that until I disable tamper protection, and it doesn't allow me to do that even though I'm the administrator.I tried gpedit, regedit, safe mode, cmd, and PowerShell but nothing worked....
  8. Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s: Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-wi-fi-download-slow-to-1-to-2-mb-from/19d5f7a0-b3ed-44ee-903c-952d6ef0b894
  9. Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s

Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s: Why is my wi-fi download slow to 1 to 2 mb/ from 100 to 200 Mb/s https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-wi-fi-download-slow-to-1-to-2-mb-from/19d5f7a0-b3ed-44ee-903c-952d6ef0b894
  10. Why is notepad forcing me to save, even if autosave is turned on? WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is notepad forcing me to save, even if autosave is turned on? WINDOWS 11: title, literally im going actually insane, i have to use task manager to close notepad so it autosaves, what is going on???It never used to be like that, it only started happening recently. Heres a photo:...