Windows 10: Windows 10 - why suddenly do I have to "run as administror" to load any app/programme

Discus and support Windows 10 - why suddenly do I have to "run as administror" to load any app/programme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, so for about 6 months every now and then my PC goes through a phase of needing me to load Steam, Filmora or other programmes via Right click >... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Helen Ding1, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Windows 10 - why suddenly do I have to "run as administror" to load any app/programme

Hi, so for about 6 months every now and then my PC goes through a phase of needing me to load Steam, Filmora or other programmes via Right click > More> Run as Administrator, then just as suddenly everything loads when I just double click the shortcut on my desktop. Since about a month ago I now have to run everything as administror including the desktop 365 apps word, exel etc. The only thing that loads without "run as admin" is mail, google chrome and an old google picassa programme I use as my photo library. Its really annoying and I can't find any setting that has changed, I know I

:)

Helen Ding1, Jun 8, 2023

2. Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Lars Gard Win User
    An app is suddenly running in background instead of foreground as it should

I run Windows 10.

When I tried to start an app it suddenly started to run in the background instead of foreground as it should, as seen in the Taskmanager.

It is an "external" app and is thus not listed in the Settings-privacy- background apps list

I want to force it back to run as foreground app again.

Is it possible?

Lars Gard, Jun 8, 2023
  4. jwilley Win User

Windows 10 - why suddenly do I have to "run as administror" to load any app/programme

Google suddenly no longer loads IE11

Suddenly! Windows 10 evaluation.

Have tried all typical fixes-- doesn't load on Edge either.

Have even run SFC, no errors.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!

JRW

jwilley, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 - why suddenly do I have to "run as administror" to load any app/programme

1. Windows 10 - why suddenly do I have to "run as administror" to load any app/programme - Similar Threads - why suddenly run

2. Error run programm

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error run programm: Already tried everything. I need these dlls to run the game:API-MS-WIN-CORE-APIQUERY-L1-1-0.DLL API-MS-WIN-CORE-APIQUERY-L1-1-1.DLL API-MS-WIN-CORE-APIQUERY-L2-1-0.DLL API-MS-WIN-CORE-APPCOMPAT-L1-1-0.DLL API-MS-WIN-CORE-APPCOMPAT-L1-1-1.DLL API-MS-WIN-CORE-APPINIT-L1-1-0.DLL...
  3. Windows 10 - why suddenly do I have to "run as administror" to load any app/programme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - why suddenly do I have to "run as administror" to load any app/programme: Hi, so for about 6 months every now and then my PC goes through a phase of needing me to load Steam, Filmora or other programmes via Right click > More> Run as Administrator, then just as suddenly everything loads when I just double click the shortcut on my desktop. Since...
  4. Windows 10 - why suddenly do I have to "run as administror" to load any app/programme

Windows 10 - why suddenly do I have to "run as administror" to load any app/programme: Hi, so for about 6 months every now and then my PC goes through a phase of needing me to load Steam, Filmora or other programmes via Right click > More> Run as Administrator, then just as suddenly everything loads when I just double click the shortcut on my desktop. Since...
  5. I am wondering if the programmers at microsoft have any idea about what they are doing or not?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am wondering if the programmers at microsoft have any idea about what they are doing or not?: I am seeing PC after PC where the user has ran windows update, or shut their machine down one night to boot it back up and suddenly windows is unable to boot. Then they're brought to me, and windows own troubleshooting tools can't fix it, or has no access leaving with no...
  6. Not running "S" version, but can't load any apps

Not running "S" version, but can't load any apps: I stupidly did a Windows 10 "reset" and lost all my apps. I'm now stuck with Edge and other MS products. I'm trying to download and re-install my non-Microsoft apps, but always get the message "Can not create temp folder archive". I'm not running the "S" version. I've tried...
  7. I have a non store app that has suddenly stopped loading

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I have a non store app that has suddenly stopped loading: I have a non store app which will not load and have used it for many years. The company sent me an updated version but it will not load either. It tries to initialise for 15 seconds then disappears....
  8. slow loading of programmes and apps

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    slow loading of programmes and apps: my computer has become very slow to load things, how do I speed things up ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-loading-of-programmes-and-apps/47b393fd-85dc-4eb0-aa51-961a561af7cf
  9. any programmers out there

any programmers out there: hello everyone i am looking to learn computer language in order to better understand how computers work and would like a programmers input as to which one to learn first. i read somewhere if you learn the C language the others are easier as they are based off C language is...
  10. Why do Microsoft Directors require programmers to have windows tell lies?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do Microsoft Directors require programmers to have windows tell lies?: I just upgraded to windows 1903. When I got back control of the laptop, the splash screen told me that I would be shown all the ways the new Windows 1903 would "make my life easier". But it's a lie. Why do directors require their employees to program Windows to lie? First,...