Windows 10: Windows 10 Wi-Fi => LTE Handoff

Discus and support Windows 10 Wi-Fi => LTE Handoff in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Windows 10 tablet does not auto switch to LTE after Wi-Fi is out of range. I need to manually connect to LTE after Wi-Fi is out of range. As FYI,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/malloy0, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Wi-Fi => LTE Handoff

My Windows 10 tablet does not auto switch to LTE after Wi-Fi is out of range. I need to manually connect to LTE after Wi-Fi is out of range. As FYI, the iPad famously handles this handoff. Not so with my Windows 10 LTE tablet. As FYI, does seem to seamlessly handle a handoff from LTE to Wi-Fi with no issues.

I've set Wi-Fi adapter settings, roaming, etc. Played with GPO, etc. no luck for a fix.

Thoughts are welcomed.

submitted by /u/malloy0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/malloy0, Jul 5, 2021

2. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 5, 2021
  3. wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 5, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Wi-Fi => LTE Handoff

Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Wi-Fi => LTE Handoff

1. Windows 10 Wi-Fi => LTE Handoff - Similar Threads - LTE Handoff

2. How do I force my Win10 laptop to use internal LTE card for internet when LAN is connected...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I force my Win10 laptop to use internal LTE card for internet when LAN is connected...: I have a Dell Latitude 5500 with a DW5820e IntelR 7360 LTE-A WWAN card. This works exactly as it should, I have "Let Windows keep me connected" ticked. If I am at home, or office, the LTE card remains dormant allowing the LAN, or Wifi if I'm walking around, to provide the...
  3. Hotspot over LTE cannot be activated / message: To share your connecti

Hotspot over LTE cannot be activated / message: To share your connecti: Hello forum, I'm new here and currently having a problem with my Windows 10 LTSC 2019 / 1809 Tablet PC. The point is to provide a HotSpot on the device, with the Internet connection running via the internal LTE / SIM card. The Internet connection via the LTE / SIM card works...
  4. Alcatel Plus 10 WiFi LTE Tablet Stuck on Recovery Page Press Windows Button to go into UEFI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alcatel Plus 10 WiFi LTE Tablet Stuck on Recovery Page Press Windows Button to go into UEFI: Hi guys my Alcatel Plus 10 Wifi/LTE Tablet is having the following issues. It asked me to update, which ive done but ,during the update i removed my external harddrive because I wanted to add external keyboard due to Tablet having only one USB port. Immediately removing...
  5. How can I keep Windows 10 from storing my LTE SIM card PIN?

How can I keep Windows 10 from storing my LTE SIM card PIN?: After updating to Windows 10 20H2, Windows seems to be remembering my SIM card PIN. I don't want Windows 10 to store that PIN. That's the reason such PIN exists. I want to enter it manually whenever I need the metered LED mobile connection. I can't find a setting in...
  6. New Surface Go and Go LTE Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 Sept. 15

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Go and Go LTE Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 Sept. 15: Improvements and fixes in the update September 2020 updates September 15 release The following updates are available for all Surface Go devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903, or greater. Surface Go and Surface Go LTE Advanced Windows Update History...
  7. Anyone X1 Yoga gen3 or X1 Carbon gen6 with LTE WWan on Win10 2004 ?

Anyone X1 Yoga gen3 or X1 Carbon gen6 with LTE WWan on Win10 2004 ?: Hey All, X1 Yoga 3gen with Fibocom L850-GL LTE here. Win 10 Pro 2004 will not let it sleep as good as 1909. On 2004 the Intel(R) XMM7360-P WWAN from the Fibocom will stay activ, even when connected standby on AC is switched on or off in Group Policy or powershell...
  8. lte

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lte: so some windows laptops have lte cellular sim cards inside. if i bought a laptop that had one, how would i connect it with a cellular carrier? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lte/1987fbeb-e1f1-4fe7-a8d2-19c18d57b0be
  9. Build 2004 - Does a LTE (WWAN - cellular) modem work for you?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Build 2004 - Does a LTE (WWAN - cellular) modem work for you?: I have Lenovo ThinkPad 8 tablet with Sierra Wireless EM7345 LTE modem (mini PCie). I couldn't connect after update from 1909 to 2004 Windows 10 build. I had to revert back to 1909. I found similar reports in Feedback Hub for different LTE modems...
  10. New Surface Go and Go LTE Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - May 15

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Go and Go LTE Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - May 15: Improvements and fixes in the update May 2020 updates May 15 release The following updates are available as a "Gradual Roll-out" for all Surface Go devices running Windows 10 October 2018 Update, version 1809, or greater. Surface Go and Surface Go LTE Advanced Windows...