Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 WIFI 5GHZ BAND PROBLEM

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 WIFI 5GHZ BAND PROBLEM in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; WINDOWS 10 WIFI BAND RESTRICTION I JUST BOUGHT THIS ASUS A411UN LAPTOP LAST WEEK 11.01.2019 FRIDAY. AND TRY MANY THING ALREADY BUT ITS STILL NOT SHOW... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Z A H A, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Z A H A Win User

WINDOWS 10 WIFI 5GHZ BAND PROBLEM

WINDOWS 10 WIFI BAND RESTRICTION

I JUST BOUGHT THIS ASUS A411UN LAPTOP LAST WEEK 11.01.2019 FRIDAY.
    AND TRY MANY THING ALREADY BUT ITS STILL NOT SHOW THE 5GHZ BAND, AS I KNOW THIS LAPTOP SPECS SUPPORT B/G/N/AC WIRELESS.

ITS NOTHING PROBLEM WITH MY ROUTER BECAUSE I CAN CONNECT 5GHZ BAND FROM MY PHONE AND MY OLD LAPTOP..

ITS REALLY DISAPPOINTING WHEN I GO TO THE WIFI ADAPTER ADVANCED BUT ITS ONLY SHOW 3 MENU ONLY..
    1. D0 PACKETCOALESCING
    2. NETWORK ADDRESS
    3. ROAMING AGGRESSIVENESS

(Select Settings -> Network & Internet -> WiFi -> Change adapter options (on right-hand side)
    Right-click on Wireless Network Connection and select Properties
    Select Configure -> Advanced)

I CANNOT CHANGE PREFFERED WIFI BAND, CHECK THE SPEED AND DUPLEX AND SO ON.. NOTHING THERE..

IS THIS THE WINDOWS 10 HOME PROBLEM OR THE QUALCOMM ATHEROS QCA9377 WIRELESS ADAPTER PROBLEM OR MY ASUS A411UN PROBLEM?

WHAT I ALREADY DO:
    1. TRY TO CHANGE PREFFERED WIFI BAND FAILED BECAUSE NOTHING SHOW IN WIFI ADVANCED MENU.
    2. REINSTALL AND UPDATE LATEST WIFI DRIVERS.
    3. NETSH WINSOCK RESET
    4. SET REGION TO US
    5. BATTERY SETTING SET WIFI TO MAX PERFORMANCE
    6. UPDATE WINDOWS
    7. UNINSTALL ANTIVIRUS
    8. DISABLE THE FIREWALL

THE LAST THING I CAN DO IS CHANGE MY ROUTER WIFI CHANNEL 5GHZ BAND TO 149 AND AFTER THAT I CAN SEE THE 5GHZ BAND, BUT WHEN I DO THE SPEEDTEST ITS NOT FULLY UTILIZE, BECAUSE ITS SLOWER THAN WHEN I CONNECT TO 2.4GHZ BAND..

MY PHONE AND OLD LAPTOP CAN REACHED UP TO 400MBPS IN SPEEDTEST BUT MY NEW ASUS A411UN GET ONLY 25MBPS MAX SPEED IN 5GHZ AND 30MBPS IN 2.4GHZ BAND.

PLEASE ADVICE..

:)

Z A H A, Jan 13, 2019

2. 5Ghz band not there

The 2230 is a 2.4Ghz only networking adapter

Intel® Wireless Solutions

Multi-Stream, Single Band 802.11b/g/n 2x2 and 2.4 GHz

Delivers up to 300 Mbps speed in the 2.4 GHz band with multiple streams for enhanced speed while improving coverage and reliability.

802.11n supports 2.4 and 5Ghz. Typically for chips that support the 5Ghz band you will see 802.11abgn or 802.11ac listed as there is no marking specifically for 5Ghz N support.

Tripp

Tripp Parks [MSFT], Jan 13, 2019
  3. I Can't See 5GHz WiFi Band There Is Only 2.4GHz

My laptop supports 5GHz wifi band but I usually see 2GHz band. There is no problem at router or router settings because it always same and my other devices can see it but I cant see it on my laptop for a reason. If I want to connect that band I need to
    restart my pc over and over, over again until I see this band for example I tried 20 times and only 2 times I saw this band when my computer is turned off again I need to repeat this thing to get 5GHz connection. When I was using Windows 8.1 there was no problem
    but after switch to Win10 Im not able to see it.

TuğberkKarataş, Jan 13, 2019
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Failing to see 5GHZ SSID wifi network

Hi there

for 5GHZ band adapter has to support ac protocol.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. WINDOWS 10 WIFI 5GHZ BAND PROBLEM - Similar Threads - WIFI 5GHZ BAND

2. WiFi connects to 5GHz broadband, but band is showing as 2.4GHz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi connects to 5GHz broadband, but band is showing as 2.4GHz: My laptop is connected to broadband on the 5GHz connection. However, when I try the function "netsh wlan show interfaces" on command prompt it is showing the band as 2.4GHz and the radio type as 802.11n. This is despite the fact that both my laptop and broadband are 802.11ac...
  3. 5GHz WiFi band not visible on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    5GHz WiFi band not visible on my PC: Hello,I am aware this is a common issue, yet I have not found a solution to my problem. I have tried different USB wifi adapters, all of them supporting the 5GHz band, yet I cannot see a 5GHz network, nor can I make a 5GHz hotspot on my PC. Right now I'm trying to make a 5GHz...
  4. 5GHz WiFi band not visible on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    5GHz WiFi band not visible on my PC: Hello,I am aware this is a common issue, yet I have not found a solution to my problem. I have tried different USB wifi adapters, all of them supporting the 5GHz band, yet I cannot see a 5GHz network, nor can I make a 5GHz hotspot on my PC. Right now I'm trying to make a 5GHz...
  5. 5GHz WiFi band not visible on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band: Hi,I am using a TP-Link network adapter which supports 5Ghz band for my PC. Previously I didnt have issues with connecting to the 5Ghz band. But now, I am only able to connect to 2.5Ghz band but when I try to connect to 5Ghz band, I am getting "Unable to Connect to this...
  7. Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to WIFI 5Ghz Band: Hi,I am using a TP-Link network adapter which supports 5Ghz band for my PC. Previously I didnt have issues with connecting to the 5Ghz band. But now, I am only able to connect to 2.5Ghz band but when I try to connect to 5Ghz band, I am getting "Unable to Connect to this...
  8. 5ghz band of wifi randomly cuts out

5ghz band of wifi randomly cuts out: So im using the 5ghz band of my wifi which is pretty fast most of the time and i prefer over 2.4ghz, but sometimes that band will just randomly cut out and im left offline until i reconnect to the 2.4ghz band. this is especially annoying when im gaming because i will just...
  9. Wifi 5GHz band no longer displaying?

Wifi 5GHz band no longer displaying?: Greetings, I was using 5GHz wifi no problem this morning, then after a restart my wireless adapter is only displaying 2.4GHz band. My adapter is using the most up-to-date driver, verified it is 802.11a/n/ac capable, manually set the wireless mode to 802.11a/n/ac in devmgmt,...
  10. Windows 10 can't see my 5GHz WiFi router band

Windows 10 can't see my 5GHz WiFi router band: Why can't my laptop running Windows 10 connect to my 5 GHz WiFi Band? It doesn't even appear in the list. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-cant-see-my-5ghz-wifi-router-band/ddea54fa-fade-480e-bd0a-4b356b7f57fb