Windows 10: Windows 10 Wifi Adapter drops frequently and is only solvable by system restart

Discus and support Windows 10 Wifi Adapter drops frequently and is only solvable by system restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since I bought my laptop, my wifi adapter keeps turning off with "Error Code 10". I've researched this subject, and apparently, this is a common issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AustinMoles, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Wifi Adapter drops frequently and is only solvable by system restart

Since I bought my laptop, my wifi adapter keeps turning off with "Error Code 10". I've researched this subject, and apparently, this is a common issue. The past few days, it has become unbearable and shuts down every 15 minutes. I've tried every suggestion that I found, but so far, none of them have worked. Help, please.

:)

AustinMoles, Jun 5, 2021
  2. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

3. AxialTilt Win User
    Windows 10 Wifi drops frequently

Hello

This problem is frustrating me a lot now. After upgrading to WIndows 10, I have noticed that my Wi-Fi connection frequently drops without any pattern whatsover. It just drops randomly and re-connects after 2-3 minutes. If I attempt to connect to the network in that period of 2-3 minutes, it will sometimes connect, and sometimes fail. I have 2 other laptops (1 of which has Windows 10) and they don't experience this problem.

I have searched online and tried tons of things. Nothing has fixed the problem so far! *Mad Below are all the things I tried. Please help if you have any suggestions or if there are known issues with Windows 10.

1. Updated the driver software
    2. Uninstalled the driver and re-installed it
    3. Unchecked the setting of 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in Power Management of the wireless network adapter.
    4. Uninstalled anti-virus to eliminate anti-virus as the issue.
    5. Disabled 'Wifi Sense' options of 'Connect to suggested hotspots' & 'Connect to networks shared by my contacts'.

I am clueless as to what the issue is. Please help!

AxialTilt, Jun 5, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Wifi Adapter drops frequently and is only solvable by system restart

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Wifi Adapter drops frequently and is only solvable by system restart

1. Windows 10 Wifi Adapter drops frequently and is only solvable by system restart - Similar Threads - Wifi Adapter drops

2. Help With Wifi Adapter Dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help With Wifi Adapter Dropping: I'm having intermittant but persistant, daily issues with my wifi dropping on my PC. Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter is what I have. Running dozens of devices, only happening on my PC. I'll be connected with no problem, then it will drop and say my connection has no...
  3. Help With Wifi Adapter Dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help With Wifi Adapter Dropping: I'm having intermittant but persistant, daily issues with my wifi dropping on my PC. Realtek RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter is what I have. Running dozens of devices, only happening on my PC. I'll be connected with no problem, then it will drop and say my connection has no...
  4. Help With Wifi Adapter Dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. USB WiFi Adapter Frequently Drops Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB WiFi Adapter Frequently Drops Connection: While looking for a default USB driver, I accidentally replaced the driver for my WiFi adapter version 1030.44.809.2021 with a WinUSB driver version 6.1.7600.16385 using a program called Zadig and my internet connection has been dropping for 3-4 seconds every few seconds...
  6. USB WiFi Adapter Frequently Drops Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB WiFi Adapter Frequently Drops Connection: While looking for a default USB driver, I accidentally replaced the driver for my WiFi adapter version 1030.44.809.2021 with a WinUSB driver version 6.1.7600.16385 using a program called Zadig and my internet connection has been dropping for 3-4 seconds every few seconds...
  7. USB WiFi Adapter Frequently Drops Connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Wifi connection to hotspot drops frequently

Wifi connection to hotspot drops frequently: HiI had recently updated my laptop PC to version 19043.1083. After update, my connection to the my android phone's hotspot keeps dropping very often. I tried other phones, too. Turning my WiFi adapter on/off didn't solve the problem. Anyone has a...
  9. WiFi internet dropped frequently at random time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi internet dropped frequently at random time?: This has been bugging me for almost 2 years. Since 19xx update, my WiFi seem dropped its internet connection (WiFi still connected, IP still OK. And no, my internet is FINE). I need to disconnect and reconnect when it happen. Happen frequently when boot PC or wake from sleep....
  10. Windows 10 Wifi drops frequently

Windows 10 Wifi drops frequently: Hello This problem is frustrating me a lot now. After upgrading to WIndows 10, I have noticed that my Wi-Fi connection frequently drops without any pattern whatsover. It just drops randomly and re-connects after 2-3 minutes. If I attempt to connect to the network in that...