Windows 10: Windows 10 wifi Adapter Troubles

Discus and support Windows 10 wifi Adapter Troubles in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I have this issue recently, - my usb wifi adapter, TP-Link TL-WN727N V4.0 just wont work. Computer sees it in the device manager as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nikon Zaharov, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Windows 10 wifi Adapter Troubles

Hi everyone!

I have this issue recently, - my usb wifi adapter, TP-Link TL-WN727N V4.0 just wont work.
    Computer sees it in the device manager as 802.1n Wireless adapter. In Metro Devices it shows up as Same 802.1n Adapter but it tells it has no more information about this device.
    I checked if it works on any other pc - it does. Also another adapter of same manufacturer doesn`t work too in a same way.

It all began when i had some WIFI issues and tried to uninstall the device from device manager with it plugged in. Since this it doesn`t show up.
    I automatically and manually installed latest drivers. Also tried 3rd party drivers and that doesn`t seem to work too....
    I also reinstalled windows fully wiping out my main drive. Didn`t change the situation.
    It seems hopeless. But there must be something i`m missing, even thou i`ve tried everything.

PS. Other USB devices work just fine in all the same ports. And also sometimes these adapters make other USB devices lag for some reason. I`m desperate. In need of help.
    Please.

:)

Nikon Zaharov, Jan 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 Wifi Adapter Issues/Problems

Thanks. Those are very basic steps I already tried (as mentioned in my first post).

I have also tried all six steps listed on the advanced tips here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

My connection is spotty at best. It takes 30 minutes of resetting the network adapter to even get a wifi connection and it eventually drops it after 45 minutes.

AlexandraVallianatos, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 wifi Adapter Troubles

Trouble with WiFi after windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better what is the model number of the laptop?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Wi-Fi settings.

2. Wi-Fi adapter is not working properly.

3. Corrupt or outdated Wireless network driver.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article which will help to fix common issue with Wi-Fi in Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article to check if WIFI adapter is working fine or not. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/fix-network-adapter-problems#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to install latest Wi-Fi driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps. If Windows 10 driver are not available then install latest driver in compatibility mode.

To install the Wireless network driver in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps.

a. Download the latest Wireless network driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 wifi Adapter Troubles

1. Windows 10 wifi Adapter Troubles - Similar Threads - wifi Adapter Troubles

2. No wifi adapter on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi adapter on windows 10: Hello, im having an issue with my windows 10 on my mac book pro mid 2012, 13inch. There is no wifi adapter. I can't see it any where either. Also, when I plug in an ethernet cord i still can't do anything. I looked at maybe tutorials on how to fix it but nothing seems to...
  3. windows 10 wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 wifi adapter: I basically be browsing normally and suddenly it says that there is no internet access the weird part is when I'm playing in a third party online game like roblox or minecraft servers this issue doesn't happen until I leave the server or close the game unlike when I'm in...
  4. windows 10 wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 wifi adapter: I basically be browsing normally and suddenly it says that there is no internet access the weird part is when I'm playing in a third party online game like roblox or minecraft servers this issue doesn't happen until I leave the server or close the game unlike when I'm in...
  5. Trouble with WIFI adapter escalating to BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with WIFI adapter escalating to BSOD: I recently troubleshooted my wifi & Bluetooth PCIe adapter by resetting my network settings and reinstalling the drivers. Everything was going well until my computer crashed while it was in sleep. I came back to find it stuck in a black screen. I was forced to reboot it using...
  6. Trouble with WIFI adapter escalating to BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with WIFI adapter escalating to BSOD: I recently troubleshooted my wifi & Bluetooth PCIe adapter by resetting my network settings and reinstalling the drivers. Everything was going well until my computer crashed while it was in sleep. I came back to find it stuck in a black screen. I was forced to reboot it using...
  7. Trouble with WIFI adapter escalating to BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Wifi Troubles on Windows 10

Wifi Troubles on Windows 10: Hello, My wifi connection is giving me troubles on my windows 10 laptop. While every other device in my home remains connected, my laptop will periodically disconnect from the wifi, and upon trying to reconnect, says "Can't connect to this network." Sometimes it does this...
  9. Windows 10 Wifi Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Wifi Adapter: Earlier I was playing games online then I stopped and told the laptop to shutdown now my wifi says no internet access yet Ive uninstalled the driver and even reset the driver...
  10. Wifi trouble and network adapter issues

Wifi trouble and network adapter issues: I recently updated to windows 10 pro 1909 and after a few restarts after installing it the pc is not getting connected to any wifi networks nor it is recognising any of the networks present. All other devices in my home find a wifi network. Any of the wireless network...