Windows 10: Windows 10 - WIFI can't connect to specific AP

Discus and support Windows 10 - WIFI can't connect to specific AP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My colleagues and I have a Linux single board computer used as a controller on a new product design. The sbc is running a simple access point.* I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KentChes, May 13, 2021.

1. KentChes Win User

Windows 10 - WIFI can't connect to specific AP

My colleagues and I have a Linux single board computer used as a controller on a new product design. The sbc is running a simple access point.* I can connect to it with older Windows 10 PCs, Linux PCs, Android Phones, iPad basically everything else I've tried* I can't connect with my new Windows 10 PC Jan 2021-> Windows seems to think it's connected... but you can only get an occasional ping through to the sbc.-> You can see the connection drop and then reconnect in the WIndows task bar or watching the WiFi adapters.My new Windows 10 PC will connect to every ro

:)

KentChes, May 13, 2021

2. Configure AP Mode with Same SSID to extend WiFi signal

When I reset the wifi on my cellphone it will connect fine to the AP wifi, same happened with my laptop, but the other devices no luck, my tablet is trying to con constantly and my other laptop says no internet secured.

PesSarmiento, May 13, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    Configure AP Mode with Same SSID to extend WiFi signal

Sounds like the AP is not passing traffic or has a delay. If you leave the router WiFi off, disable WiFi on a phone, reenable wifi on phone and reconnect to WiFi (being broadcast by AP) does it connect? If not, double check that you set the APs Gateway properly and that means it should be your router...that's something your screenshots did not show.

Kursah, May 13, 2021
  4. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, May 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - WIFI can't connect to specific AP - Similar Threads - WIFI can't connect

2. Cant connect to a specific wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant connect to a specific wifi: I have a windows 10 pc with a wifi adpter. Sometimes when my pc boots up, it wont connect to my home wifi, though it does connect with my cellphone hotspot. It takes some reboots and netsh winsock reset to reconnect with wifi and keep connected trought the day. Its really...
  3. Lock Windows 10 WiFi connections to only one AP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock Windows 10 WiFi connections to only one AP: Hello is there currently a option to disable choice of WiFi APs to lock down the system to only work with one AP? Like Mac address lock down in reverse pointing to the wireless router. Devices are getting to be so small they are now able to download from items the size of a...
  4. WiFi Password for AP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi Password for AP: I have a WiFi device that gives a pin code which I have to enter into my AP. If I understand correctly the router has to support WPS, correct ? And if it doesn't then how do I get this WiFi device to connect; is there anything I could get to make it work for the router ?...
  5. Can't connect to specifically home wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to specifically home wifi: I'm kind of at my wit's end here. I'm using a dell venue 11 pro 7140 and my wifi card is intel dual band - AC 7265. I came home yesterday and found that it can no longer connect to my home internet, and specifically my home internet. It hangs on "verifying and connecting"...
  6. Connecting to specific WiFi channel?

Connecting to specific WiFi channel?: How do I connect to a specific channel of a WiFi network? thanks... -k https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-specific-wifi-channel/0eca0764-0c99-41cf-a436-3b8b3ad351a8
  7. Can't Connect to One Specific Wifi Network

Can't Connect to One Specific Wifi Network: I've been unable to resolve this problem. I've applied the troubleshooting I've found by searching the internet with no luck. Maybe somebody can figure out what's gone wrong. I have a Microsoft Surface 2 laptop with Windows 10. The Wifi on my laptop works and has connected...
  8. Can't Connect to Wifi Windows 10

Can't Connect to Wifi Windows 10: I have a wifi router with multiple networks set up and I can connect to one but not the other. The other network does not appear whatsoever and I have tried troubleshooting. I know it is there because family members can use it and so can my other devices, but my laptop can't....
  9. Windows 10 having trouble connecting to a specific wifi connection.

Windows 10 having trouble connecting to a specific wifi connection.: Hello, I have been having trouble connecting my Windows 10 supported desktop to my wifi. I have Googled some issues that pop up and tried everything. Nothing worked. I contacted my internet provider and they told me to come here and ask. When I try to connect to the specific...
  10. Can't browse on specific wifi

Can't browse on specific wifi: Hi all, I'm seeing a lot of people having a similar issue but I'm struggling to find a fix. I have a brand new windows 10 laptop and at home I have 2 wifis, let's call the 1st one VOO (name of my provider) and the 2nd one "VOO Extended" which is just the signal of my...