Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 WIFI DIFFICULTIES

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 WIFI DIFFICULTIES in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I recently purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 home, version 1803. It takes a very long time - upto 10 minutes - for the system to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Johnearing, Mar 5, 2019.

1. WINDOWS 10 WIFI DIFFICULTIES

Hi

I recently purchased a new HP laptop with Windows 10 home, version 1803.

It takes a very long time - upto 10 minutes - for the system to find available WIFI networks. Once a network is found it takes at least 3 attempts to connect. Also once connected, the WIFI connection is regularly lost. Switching WIFI off and on does not speed up finding WIFI networks, and restarting also does not help.

I did not have this problem on my previously laptop (Dell) also using windows 10.

Please help!!!

Regards

Johnny

:)

Johnearing, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

WINDOWS 10 WIFI DIFFICULTIES [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

WINDOWS 10 WIFI DIFFICULTIES

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 WIFI DIFFICULTIES

1. WINDOWS 10 WIFI DIFFICULTIES - Similar Threads - WIFI DIFFICULTIES

2. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition: Good afternoon, dear representatives.I encountered a problem of not finding passwords for the WiFi that I typed.It was working and showing up until some update; can this function be restored somehow?I will wait for your reply.P.S. Previous visibility could be obtained using:...
  3. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition: Good afternoon, dear representatives.I encountered a problem of not finding passwords for the WiFi that I typed.It was working and showing up until some update; can this function be restored somehow?I will wait for your reply.P.S. Previous visibility could be obtained using:...
  4. I do not see a password for Wifi in both Windows 10 and 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to tell Windows that my wifi has moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to tell Windows that my wifi has moved: It seems Windows uses the SSID of my Wifi as part of the location service. I have now moved and taken my wifi with me. I.e. my wifi still has the same SSID, but it is physically located at my new address. Windows still thinks, I'm at the old address. This is evident from the...
  6. How to tell Windows that my wifi has moved

How to tell Windows that my wifi has moved: It seems Windows uses the SSID of my Wifi as part of the location service. I have now moved and taken my wifi with me. I.e. my wifi still has the same SSID, but it is physically located at my new address. Windows still thinks, I'm at the old address. This is evident from the...
  7. Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet: i bought a pc that has windows activation key inside its BIOS, and i was told that itll activate once i connect to the internet. But the issue is that i dont have a WiFi adapter and only Ethernet connected to my pc, and once i go to the activation panel it tells me that i...
  8. Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet

Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet: i bought a pc that has windows activation key inside its BIOS, and i was told that itll activate once i connect to the internet. But the issue is that i dont have a WiFi adapter and only Ethernet connected to my pc, and once i go to the activation panel it tells me that i...
  9. Difficulty connecting to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty connecting to wifi: I am running Windows 10 on my computer. I was having no trouble connecting to wifi until now. When I try to connect, I get a message stating that the computer cannot connect to the internet. I know that my modem and router are working correctly since I am able to connect...
  10. wifi settings difficulties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi settings difficulties: Symptoms: 1)Under one user account, wifi settings are not preserved. If I run ms-settings:network and select "Manage wifi settings", there is no choice for "Manage known networks". 2)Under a second user account, I cannot see wifi choices at all. If I run...