Windows 10: Windows 10 WiFi Disconnects

Discus and support Windows 10 WiFi Disconnects in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron all-in-one that came with Window 7. I updated to Windows 10 a couple years ago. Ever since updating the WiFi disconnects when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Todd1_5939, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 WiFi Disconnects

I have a Dell Inspiron all-in-one that came with Window 7. I updated to Windows 10 a couple years ago. Ever since updating the WiFi disconnects when the machine goes to sleep. I have noticed that there are literally 100's of people posting online with the same issue and all of the answers are the same thing. All answers talk about changing power settings. THAT DOES NOTHING..! to solve the issue.

Could someone from Microsoft please give a solution that WORKS besides the scripted normal answers we keep getting? PLEASE...!!!

:)

Todd1_5939, Dec 30, 2018

2. Wifi continuously disconnects

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
    • Troubleshooting
      Windows 10 WiFi Disconnects [​IMG]
      But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.
    • Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi card
    • disabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about here
    • Everything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

JuanPotato, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Windows 10 WiFi Disconnects

Matthewryaio, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 WiFi Disconnects

1. Windows 10 WiFi Disconnects - Similar Threads - WiFi Disconnects

2. Why is my wifi disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my wifi disconnecting randomly: Hello, I am here today about an odd issue with my internet connection. It seems to be random, perhaps every 30 minutes but not exactly sure. The wifi will disconnect, and I need to go back into the wifi connections in order to reconnect it. This issue is occuring on a laptop...
  3. Why is my wifi disconnecting randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my wifi disconnecting randomly: Hello, I am here today about an odd issue with my internet connection. It seems to be random, perhaps every 30 minutes but not exactly sure. The wifi will disconnect, and I need to go back into the wifi connections in order to reconnect it. This issue is occuring on a laptop...
  4. Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.: Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep. Could not find a "power management tab" as discussed in other forums. Please be more specific on how to prevent this problem. This is extremely frustrating that the descriptions I have found to correct this issue do...
  5. Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.

Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep.: Wifi disconnects in Windows 11 when computer goes to sleep. Could not find a "power management tab" as discussed in other forums. Please be more specific on how to prevent this problem. This is extremely frustrating that the descriptions I have found to correct this issue do...
  6. WIFI Disconnect Woes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI Disconnect Woes: I'm running Windows 11 Home with Version 23H2. I recently updated to 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893 that was installed on April 10, 2024. I've been experiencing issues with WIFI automatically shutting down and...
  7. WIFI Disconnect Woes

WIFI Disconnect Woes: I'm running Windows 11 Home with Version 23H2. I recently updated to 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5036893 that was installed on April 10, 2024. I've been experiencing issues with WIFI automatically shutting down and...
  8. My wifi dongle disconnects when i get afk while downloading games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi dongle disconnects when i get afk while downloading games: Hello Respected Team,I have been facing an issue for a couple of days. Whenever I leave my PC in an idle state when I am downloading something, my wifi dongle disconnects and shows "Connected, No internet". Then, when I plug it back in again, it works, but after some time,...
  9. My wifi dongle disconnects when i get afk while downloading games

My wifi dongle disconnects when i get afk while downloading games: Hello Respected Team,I have been facing an issue for a couple of days. Whenever I leave my PC in an idle state when I am downloading something, my wifi dongle disconnects and shows "Connected, No internet". Then, when I plug it back in again, it works, but after some time,...
  10. My wifi dongle disconnects when i get afk while downloading games

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing