Windows 10: Windows 10 Wifi drops frequently

Discus and support Windows 10 Wifi drops frequently in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello This problem is frustrating me a lot now. After upgrading to WIndows 10, I have noticed that my Wi-Fi connection frequently drops without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AxialTilt, Sep 9, 2016.

1. AxialTilt Win User

Windows 10 Wifi drops frequently

Hello

This problem is frustrating me a lot now. After upgrading to WIndows 10, I have noticed that my Wi-Fi connection frequently drops without any pattern whatsover. It just drops randomly and re-connects after 2-3 minutes. If I attempt to connect to the network in that period of 2-3 minutes, it will sometimes connect, and sometimes fail. I have 2 other laptops (1 of which has Windows 10) and they don't experience this problem.

I have searched online and tried tons of things. Nothing has fixed the problem so far! *Mad Below are all the things I tried. Please help if you have any suggestions or if there are known issues with Windows 10.

1. Updated the driver software
    2. Uninstalled the driver and re-installed it
    3. Unchecked the setting of 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in Power Management of the wireless network adapter.
    4. Uninstalled anti-virus to eliminate anti-virus as the issue.
    5. Disabled 'Wifi Sense' options of 'Connect to suggested hotspots' & 'Connect to networks shared by my contacts'.

I am clueless as to what the issue is. Please help!

:)

AxialTilt, Sep 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 Wifi drops frequently

Hello

Anyone who can help with this issue?

Satya Krishna, Sep 9, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Wifi drops frequently

Please provide more information so that the cause of your problem may be diagnosed.

Please restart your computer and allow 20 minutes for the system to run before uploading information required to help me investigate your problem. When examining Event Viewer log files many, not all, problems show in the period immediately after
    the computer has been booted.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32
    and click OK . Place the cursor on
    System Summary. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Click Save.
    Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file.
    The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two
    for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here. If the report is in a language other than English, please state the language.

Please upload to your OneDrive and share with everyone a copy of your
    System log file from your Event Viewer and post a link here. Please remove any earlier copies of the logs from your OneDrive.

To access the System log select the keyboard shortcut Win+R, type
    eventvwr.msc and press the ENTER key. From the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and
    Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do
    not provide filtered files. Do not place the cursor in the list of reports before selecting Action from the menu. Do
    not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 9, 2016
  4. Adalwar Win User

You may want to try this:
    go to Device Mnager and Uninstall WiFi Driver. If there a Box saying "Delete Driver" check it
    If it is a combo card (Wifi+BT), delete also the BT Driver.
    Open Programs and Features
    Delete Software for Wifi and BT
    Reboot
    Go again to Device manager , look for WiFi Card and right-click and select "Update Driver", Windows will look online for the right Drivers
    If Windows did not find drivers, then install the ORIGINAL Drivers you have got with your PC or Download them from your PC Manucturer.
    If this does not work, best option is roll back to previous OS version.

Adalwar, Sep 11, 2016
  5. Nubble Win User
    I had this problem too and did the things you did. It took me a long time to realize it was something in combination with Windows 10 networking and my WiFi that caused the issue. The issue seemed to resolve itself once I turned off fast startup. When the Anniversary Update came out the symptoms returned and turning off fast startup did not resolve them. Build 14393.82 (August 23) didn't appear to help either however the latest build 14393.105 (August 31) seems to have resolved my issues. I have kept fast startup turned off, as it has caused other issues in the past and it's not worth the difference in startup time for me to try and keep it on. Just my experience.

Nubble, Sep 11, 2016
  6. AxialTilt Win User
    I was finally able to resolve this by changing the wifi card in the laptop. I think the problem was with the wifi card.

AxialTilt, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Wifi drops frequently - Similar Threads - Wifi drops frequently

2. USB WiFi Adapter Frequently Drops Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB WiFi Adapter Frequently Drops Connection: While looking for a default USB driver, I accidentally replaced the driver for my WiFi adapter version 1030.44.809.2021 with a WinUSB driver version 6.1.7600.16385 using a program called Zadig and my internet connection has been dropping for 3-4 seconds every few seconds...
  3. USB WiFi Adapter Frequently Drops Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB WiFi Adapter Frequently Drops Connection: While looking for a default USB driver, I accidentally replaced the driver for my WiFi adapter version 1030.44.809.2021 with a WinUSB driver version 6.1.7600.16385 using a program called Zadig and my internet connection has been dropping for 3-4 seconds every few seconds...
  4. USB WiFi Adapter Frequently Drops Connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wifi connection to hotspot drops frequently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connection to hotspot drops frequently: HiI had recently updated my laptop PC to version 19043.1083. After update, my connection to the my android phone's hotspot keeps dropping very often. I tried other phones, too. Turning my WiFi adapter on/off didn't solve the problem. Anyone has a...
  6. Windows 10 Wifi Adapter drops frequently and is only solvable by system restart

Windows 10 Wifi Adapter drops frequently and is only solvable by system restart: Since I bought my laptop, my wifi adapter keeps turning off with "Error Code 10". I've researched this subject, and apparently, this is a common issue. The past few days, it has become unbearable and shuts down every 15 minutes. I've tried every suggestion that I found, but...
  7. Frequent FPS drops in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent FPS drops in Windows 10: I have built my own PC some months ago and some time after I did it I started experiencing frequent FPS drops not only in games but overall in whatever I use browser, games or even browsing files. I've tried to re-install windows with formatted disks but the problem occured...
  8. WiFi internet dropped frequently at random time?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi internet dropped frequently at random time?: This has been bugging me for almost 2 years. Since 19xx update, my WiFi seem dropped its internet connection (WiFi still connected, IP still OK. And no, my internet is FINE). I need to disconnect and reconnect when it happen. Happen frequently when boot PC or wake from sleep....
  9. Wifi disconnects frequently Windows 10

Wifi disconnects frequently Windows 10: Hi , If you have tried all the other options and nothing is working out. Try the below; Download and install Wifi Analyzer in one android device (farproc). Find a channel with Wifi Analyzer program, where in most rooms of your house - office, there is no other signal or the...
  10. WiFi dropping in Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Customization
    WiFi dropping in Windows 10...: My issue is with Windows 10 and my WiFi continually dropping...I'll be in the middle of working on a website (for a client or myself), and "you're not online" pops up...then, I have to stop & MANUALLY re-start the WiFi...AGAIN...several times!!! It's so fracking frustrating!!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 frequent wifi drops