Windows 10: Windows 10 WiFi goes to limited

Discus and support Windows 10 WiFi goes to limited in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone. First i'm sorry for my bad english, but i think u'll understand me. Yesterday i installed Windows 10, all was fine, but after hour of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Anestezija, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Windows 10 WiFi goes to limited

Hello everyone. First i'm sorry for my bad english, but i think u'll understand me.
    Yesterday i installed Windows 10, all was fine, but after hour of working, i saw that my wifi connection goes to limited and i don't have internet acces. I need to disconnect and connect and it works for 30-45 minutes, and then again go to limited. I have windows 7 before, and there i don't have this problem, but when i tried windows 8(half year ago) i have same issue.
    I have Hp pavillion g7-1307sm laptop.
    Motherboard: HP 1672

I think it's maybe problem with my network adapter driver( Broadcom 4313GN 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi adapter ), becouse i think it's old. It is from 15/08/2012. Version: 6.30.59.49

If u need any more information, just say, and i hope u will help me about this problem.

:)

Anestezija, Jan 21, 2016

2. Limited WiFi Connection!

Upgraded windows 8.1 to windows 10 and now i'm
    continually getting "limited internet connection" it just all of a sudden goes, I've checked my WiFi modem and other computers/laptops in the house, I've tried updating the drivers, trouble shooting, reset
    my laptop, reset the WiFi modem,

any suggestions?

RachaelTee, Jan 21, 2016
  3. arinia.s Win User
    Wifi connection limited after upgrading into Windows 10 (prev. 8.1)

Please help me...

I'm using ASUS laptop (S46CM).. After I upgrade my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, my laptop won't connect to the wifi. it's always shown as limited connection.

I've tried:

- check my wifi connection on other device (phone and other laptop) which works fine

- uninstall the VPN device (CISCO, which I have before) as some people suggested, but still the connection is limited

- check the wifi driver on ASUS web, and install the lastest driver, I can connect to the internet but it only lasts for a few minutes then goes to limited again

- change the DNS from google DNS to 208.67.222 208.67.220 and vice versa. sometime it works, but then it goes back to limited again

- after I turn off the laptop for hours, it can connect to the internet, but then again go down to limited again after few minutes (up till 1-2hrs max only)

- I restore/ go back to Windows 8.1 and the connection works fine, but then I curious and try W.10 again which result same condition (limited)

- do compatibility test, it says there's no problem.

all of those attempt I did while the wifi connection works fine on other device.

and also when I turn off the laptop there's a windows message " The instruction at 0x00007FFA24C7CF8D referenced memory at 0x00007FF9FDCEA548. The memory could not be read" once...

arinia.s, Jan 21, 2016
  4. Windows 10 WiFi goes to limited

Have you tried resetting your Router so the WI-FI signal is stronger
    Normally you have to shut Router down via main or Use Reset Button found through a little hole in back.
    Once done just reconnect and it should reboot
    That is how I have had to do mine in the past.

Also see if there are any updated drivers for your model

hTconeM9user, Jan 21, 2016
  5. You have the newest set of drivers so that would not help.
    If you have the driver setup then try running it in compatiablity mode of windows 7.

Sumit Dhiman, Jan 21, 2016
  6. I restarted modem, and i instaled driver for win 7, and we'll see will it fix problem.

EDIT:
    Again, it's the same. I started online game(world of tanks) and after 5 minutes it goes to "no internet connectivity" and yellow triangle is at taskbar wifi icon

Anestezija, Jan 21, 2016
  7. SPH
    sph Win User
    Go to "power options"(Right click the battery icon in the taskbar and click "power options") then "change plan settings", next "change advanced power settings" and under Wireless adapter settings " set "power saving mode" to "maximum performance".

Thema:

Windows 10 WiFi goes to limited

1. Windows 10 WiFi goes to limited - Similar Threads - WiFi goes limited

2. Limited wifi bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limited wifi bandwidth: I am always downloading games on the box app for PC, and my wifi speed is always so low. I'm using ethernet 90/90 mbs but downloads only use 10mbs sometimes 11. How do I fix this?...
  3. Limit Wifi Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limit Wifi Speed: Is there a way to limit wifi network's speed through my pc? If yes, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limit-wifi-speed/9277baa2-e103-4737-a331-13e2413db35c
  4. Limited wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limited wifi connection: This connection is limited. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limited-wifi-connection/e89f93f8-896d-4f11-8e5d-b37b7f212760
  5. Windows 10 limiting wifi speed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 limiting wifi speed.: I currently have a 300-400 mbps wifi speed via my modem. All other devices in my house including another windows 10 PC consistently get this speed on wifi. My personal PC received this same speed when I initially installed my new modem, but ever since has only been able to...
  6. Wifi data limit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi data limit: I setup a wifi data limit and when it's reached a notification is sended to me. Can I disable wifi automatically instead? submitted by /u/Geekest07 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iv3gwv/wifi_data_limit/
  7. Limited WIFI connection

Limited WIFI connection: Hi, I am having an issue connecting my laptop to my WiFi. Other devices can connect to the WiFi so there are no issues with the router itself. I have been previously connected to this router on my laptop and issues started when we used an extender alongside this router....
  8. Windows 10 Limit Wifi Speed

Windows 10 Limit Wifi Speed: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Pro. Recently more than a month already(after installing Windows 10 2018 update ), I notice my wifi speed is really slow. After I did some trial, I notice I get 30mbps on windows startup, then after 5 minutes, my speed gets limited to 6mbps...
  9. Limited WiFi and ethernet

Limited WiFi and ethernet: I upgraded to Widows 10 some weeks ago from Win 7. All has been fine, however this morning my WiFi stopped working saying "limited connection". It also says the same thing when using Ethernet. Both say they are limited. I've ruled out problems with my router and I've upgraded...
  10. Windows 10 wifi connection is "Limited"

Windows 10 wifi connection is "Limited": Hey guys, I just upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Everything are working perfectly other than the wifi connection. When I am connected to a wifi connection it always state as a limited connection. I just did everything that I can. Help me guys *Sad 13322