Windows 10: Windows 10 + WiFi + Hardware WiFi activity-light

Discus and support Windows 10 + WiFi + Hardware WiFi activity-light in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have this strange issue with a client on my site. Computer model: HP EliteBook 820 G3. Operating system: Windows 10, build 17763. My client... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hajen, Oct 29, 2020.

1. hajen Win User

Windows 10 + WiFi + Hardware WiFi activity-light

Hi,

I have this strange issue with a client on my site.

Computer model: HP EliteBook 820 G3.
    Operating system: Windows 10, build 17763.

My client claims that when he turns WiFi off (in a traditional sense through Settings), the tiny light on the physical computer which signifies network activity is still active. As if WiFi was turned on "in the background" even though Windows claimed it was off. My client works with confidential data and is therefore worried that a background process is somehow using WiFi.

When WiFi is off, the user cannot access the internet or other networking resources. Everywhere - software-wise - it looks like WiFi is off. Our sole issue is this little flickering light.

My question to you guys is: Does anyone recognize this? Is WiFi somehow on in the background? How would I best troubleshoot this without having physical access to the machine as well as no remote access to the machine (since WiFi is... "off").

Kind regards

:)

hajen, Oct 29, 2020
  2. MMAAA Win User

wifi anti hacker for windows 10

hi,
    is anybody can penetrates my wifi point via windows 10? how to prevent that?

MMAAA, Oct 29, 2020
  3. VIC
    Vic Win User
    Windows 7 virtual wifi authentication mode

Hello.

Just a quick question to whoever is using windows 7 virtual wifi capability - when you type in "netsh wlan show hostednetwork", cmd window displays a list of settings for your hosted virtual wifi.

I was wondering, is there a way to change authentication method from WPA2-Personal to simple WEP ?

Cheers.

4. JunkBear Win User

Laptop WiFi question

Hi.

My internal single antenna wifi of my Inspiron N5030 goes to 65 Mbits/s and my usb wifi dongle goes to 72 Mbits/s.

Currently they are both connected so are they both working at same time on WiFi or only my dongle cause the light of activity is flashing on my dongle?

Thanx

JunkBear, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 + WiFi + Hardware WiFi activity-light - Similar Threads - WiFi Hardware WiFi

2. Wifi light indicator stuck on orange/ Can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi light indicator stuck on orange/ Can't connect to wifi: Hello I was recently using my wifi on my HP ProBook 455 G1 laptop and suddenly my wifi was disconnected I tried to connect it keeps showing me this error "Can't connect to this network" I don't what to do? I watched many YouTube videos still couldn't resolve the issue and...
  3. Wifi light indicator stuck on orange/ Can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi light indicator stuck on orange/ Can't connect to wifi: Hello I was recently using my wifi on my HP ProBook 455 G1 laptop and suddenly my wifi was disconnected I tried to connect it keeps showing me this error "Can't connect to this network" I don't what to do? I watched many YouTube videos still couldn't resolve the issue and...
  4. Wifi light indicator stuck on orange/ Can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WiFi gone, adapter hardware problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi gone, adapter hardware problems: WiFi has randomly disappeared from my laptop midway through gaming. Using a Yoga Slim 7 Pro 14IHU5. After some troubleshooting I have found the following problem: The IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problemsWhat on earth does...
  6. WiFi gone, adapter hardware problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi gone, adapter hardware problems: WiFi has randomly disappeared from my laptop midway through gaming. Using a Yoga Slim 7 Pro 14IHU5. After some troubleshooting I have found the following problem: The IntelR Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problemsWhat on earth does...
  7. Windows 10 + WiFi + Hardware WiFi activity-light

Windows 10 + WiFi + Hardware WiFi activity-light: Hi, I have this strange issue with a client on my site. Computer model: HP EliteBook 820 G3. Operating system: Windows 10, build 17763. My client claims that when he turns WiFi off (in a traditional sense through Settings), the tiny light on the physical computer which...
  8. wifi hardware is not detected, but bluetooth still on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi hardware is not detected, but bluetooth still on: Hello there.. I've problem that my wifi isn't working and cannot detected not AP but wifi hardware the problem was appear around this week. It's not first time, but back then the issue could be fixed by restarting computer. But today unfortunately cannot fix the problem....
  9. is that a problem with surface hardware WiFi ?

is that a problem with surface hardware WiFi ?: I cannot get my WiFi download speed up than 0.15 - 0.19 Mb If I try from my mobile phone or any other laptop or tablet got good speed about 40Mb all tests are very near from router is that a problem with surface hardware WiFi ? I found another question same this one...
  10. WiFi Driver/Hardware Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi Driver/Hardware Issue: Hello Community! My Question is related to WiFi hardwrae or driver. My laptop specifications are: Dell Inspiron 5570 Service Tag: GP05ZL2 I installed driver from Dell Website. I encountered blue screen error. I had to force shut down the system. Then I went to BIOS, and...