Windows 10: Windows 10 wifi icon and status indicator

Discus and support Windows 10 wifi icon and status indicator in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, What determines how many bars are present filled within the WiFi Status icons? What determines Excellent, good, bad, etc.? Is it full if <... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Clinton_IO, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 wifi icon and status indicator

Hello,

What determines how many bars are present filled within the WiFi Status icons? What determines Excellent, good, bad, etc.?

Is it full if < -50 dbm? 3 bars if < -65 dbm?

Is it based off of signal quality output? Where > 90% is full, > 80% is minus 1 bar?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Clinton

:)

Clinton_IO, Sep 23, 2020
  2. NickC_121 Win User

Windowsphone ver 10 - VPN padlock icon not displaying above wifi status icon when connected and sending data.

Hi,

Just setup a VPN on my partners windows 10 phone and although the VPN appears to be working because it shows as connected in vpn settings and the notification window there is no padlock icon above the wifi status indicator when sending/receiving data. Is
    there some other setting in windows 10 I am missing to make it show that. Tried resetting/reconnecting the VPN, rebooting the phone etc several times without success to get the padlock icon to show. The VPN padlock shows above the wifi status indicator on
    my windows 8 phone ok. Any suggestions please?

Thx.

Nick....

NickC_121, Sep 23, 2020
  3. No Longer Show VPN status where Wifi Connection status is Located. It WAS there, but it is NOW Gone.

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issue of Proton VPN icon not showing in next to Wifi option. Please follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Step 1:

Go to Searchbox next to Windows icon and type Taskbar settings

Step 2:

Under Taskbar settings scroll down to see Notification area

Step 3:

Then click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar

Step 4:

Then from the list select the Proton VPN and select ON

Please let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 wifi icon and status indicator

wifi icon missing on windows 10.

I tried all the suggestions listed beforehand and my wifi icon has gone from the notifications area as well as the list in the settings for the task bar and notification area. does anyone know how to get it back? none of the suggestions so far have worked.

querywebmail, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 wifi icon and status indicator

1. Windows 10 wifi icon and status indicator - Similar Threads - wifi icon status

2. Drive Status Indicator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drive Status Indicator: Hello there: adding to this thread on the drive icons, how does one alter the appearance of the status bar indicator from its W10 default back to what W7 displays? as quoted 10 is really drab, I have already altered the desktop icons, drive icons & the folder icons to 7 but...
  3. Internet connected but connection status indicates unknown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connected but connection status indicates unknown: HiI am connected to the Internet by LAN to my router that will access the web pages, but the update will not work nor Outlook, since they say that I have no Internet connection, this happened after the last Windows update.I would like to know how to solve this.Thanks....
  4. What does this OneDrive Status indicate?

What does this OneDrive Status indicate?: [ATTACH] I found this page: What do the OneDrive icons mean? - Office Support microsoft.com that explained a lot of the little status icons, but what does the "processing changes" followed by a little person mean?...
  5. Bluetooth Battery Indicator/Status/Monitor is not showing

Bluetooth Battery Indicator/Status/Monitor is not showing: Can you please help me to get Bluetooth Battery Status/indicator/Monitor as I am Unable to get the Bluetooth battery status of Head Phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-battery-indicatorstatusmonitor-is-not/777860ea-e3f2-4a72-b51d-d3cf0dc7fa16
  6. 'No Internet' Network Status Indicator Message

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    'No Internet' Network Status Indicator Message: Hello everyone, Hoping someone can offer some assistance with this.. After updating to the newest version of Win10, it seems that all of the computers in our office have issues with the network status indicator falsely displaying a 'No Internet' message when in fact the...
  7. Battery status indicator has gone again!

Battery status indicator has gone again!: Why is it that every time there's an update, the battery status disappears from the taskbar. We need this! Stop deleting the battery status indicator please! Has anyone else experienced this problem since the latest update? In my opinion, updates never seem to improve...
  8. Network Connectivity Status Indicator confused by OpenVPN

Network Connectivity Status Indicator confused by OpenVPN: I have an HP computer which from time to time displays a no internet connection icon even though there is actually an active connection. This only happens when OpenVPN is running and connected. Disconnecting the OpenVPN may suddenly change the network status icon back to...
  9. Windows 10 Battery Indicator/status not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Battery Indicator/status not showing: My windows 10 laptop doesn't show how much battery life it has left in % form. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-battery-indicatorstatus-not-showing/208ff2d4-5119-4b55-8b23-c01f2cdc5fa7
  10. Where the battery status indicator go?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Where the battery status indicator go?: Where the battery status indicator go? Why is this seen as an improvement. I see a few apps in the MS store but the reviews show that the apps not work. Now I have to guess how much charge I have left on my battery. Where are all the windows 10 enhancements? We lost...