Windows 10: Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine?

Discus and support Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine? Hi all. I've tried researching this issue without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vigneshwaran J, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine?

Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine?

Hi all.

I've tried researching this issue without success - very simply, the wifi icon on my toolbar has a small white asterisk next to it, and when you hover the mouse over it, it states NOT CONNECTED - CONNECTIONS ARE AVAILABLE.

When I click on the same icon, it shows my home wifi - but beneath it says NO INTERNET, SECURED

This is more than a little puzzling as I have access to the internet and my email etc works fine. I've tried the usual removal and reinstallation of wifi drivers etc,but no luck fixing it so far.

Incidentally, the windows maps app does not appear to be working properly either, telling me that I need an internet connection to overlay images etc.

:)

Vigneshwaran J, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Nik_075 Win User

Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine?

Hi all.

I've tried researching this issue without success - very simply, the wifi icon on my toolbar has a small white asterisk next to it, and when you hover the mouse over it, it states NOT CONNECTED - CONNECTIONS ARE AVAILABLE.

When I click on the same icon, it shows my home wifi - but beneath it says NO INTERNET, SECURED

This is more than a little puzzling as I have access to the internet and my email etc works fine. I've tried the usual removal and reinstallation of wifi drivers etc,but no luck fixing it so far.

Incidentally, the windows maps app does not appear to be working properly either, telling me that I need an internet connection to overlay images etc.

I'm still waiting for a callback from windows help (2 weeks later) - any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks,

Nik the newbie

Nik_075, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Wifi icon says 'not connected' - connections available but the internet works fine

Hi guys,

I'm still waiting for a callback from windows help (2 weeks later) - any help would be gratefully received!

Thanks guys,

Matthew Aquino, Jul 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine?

Hi Nik,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We suggest you to try to disable auto turn-off of WiFi device by following the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.
    • At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.
    • Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.
    • Click the Configure... button.
    • Go to Power Management tab.
    • Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 wifi icon shows not connected - connections available - but internet works fine? - Similar Threads - wifi icon shows

2. Network icon doesn't show as connected while internet is working fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network icon doesn't show as connected while internet is working fine.: I had problem that every time I connected my phone in tethering mode new connection was created every time.I followed first reply in this thread which solved my issue but now my internet icon shows as not connected to internet.It's not really an issue but annoying.Windows...
  3. Network icon doesn't show as connected while internet is working fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network icon doesn't show as connected while internet is working fine.: I had problem that every time I connected my phone in tethering mode new connection was created every time.I followed first reply in this thread which solved my issue but now my internet icon shows as not connected to internet.It's not really an issue but annoying.Windows...
  4. Network icon doesn't show as connected while internet is working fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Showing no connection but internet is working fine

Showing no connection but internet is working fine: Hi, we are using Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1202] and we are facing issue "Showing no connection but internet is working fine" Outlook and Teams are not working .We had check the registry setting...
  6. Windows 10 showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi

Windows 10 showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi: My windows recently started showing connected, no internet when I connect to WiFi. I'm able to browse the internet in browsers like chrome, edge, firefox, etc. but some sites which relay on internet status shown by the system are not working as the system shows no internet....
  7. Ethernet shows connected but not connecting to internet, WI-FI working fine.

Ethernet shows connected but not connecting to internet, WI-FI working fine.: Hello!! Until today morning I have been able to get on the internet using a Ethernet cable. But suddenly now I cannot connect using a cable no matter how many times I use a different cable. However I'm still able to connect by using Wi-Fi, but when I plug in my Ethernet...
  8. INTERNET IS CONNECTED AND WORKS FINE BUT IT SHOWS NO INTERNET ACCESS

INTERNET IS CONNECTED AND WORKS FINE BUT IT SHOWS NO INTERNET ACCESS: Hello, Good Day! My WiFi works fine .When I connect my WiFi it to laptop , it gets connected but it shows no internet access . But internet works. I can browse google, play games and watch videos in youtube and stream netflix in my laptop. Network icon shows no internet....
  9. Can't connect to internet, but router & wifi fine

Can't connect to internet, but router & wifi fine: Have Win 10, and just moved house, last house had virgin media fibre and the internet to main PC would disappear 2-3 times daily, but wifi was ok. Virgin came out and checked the line & router twice, and said the line was perfect at 100 meg, changed the router to be safe and...
  10. WiFi not working on windows 10, connects but no internet.

WiFi not working on windows 10, connects but no internet.: As you can probably tell by my username I have exhausted all efforts, i've been trying to fix this for 2days now, installed/reinstalled 4 different OS trying to fix it and I cannot find a solution, it always worked before. Basically when I connect to my router I get full...