Windows 10: Windows 10 Wifi Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Wifi Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, I have an Asus Zenbook UX303LA (my mom's), and my Lenovo Y40-70. Since the Lenovo was on the thicker side, I figured I'd take my mom's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anuttam11, Jun 14, 2016.

1. anuttam11 Win User

Windows 10 Wifi Issues

Hey guys,

I have an Asus Zenbook UX303LA (my mom's), and my Lenovo Y40-70. Since the Lenovo was on the thicker side, I figured I'd take my mom's slower SSD, put it into my Lenovo Y40, then take my faster Samsung Evo 840 SSD and put it into the Zenbook. Everything went well, I cloned the drives and the swap went successfully. However, I'm now left with the Zenbook, whose wireless drivers refuse to cooperate. Seeing this, I used Microsoft's installation flash drive to do a clean install of Windows 10 onto the Zenbook. However, the network still aren't cooperating. List of things I've tried so far:

- unistalling and reinstalling all the latest drivers from Asus' website (for my device)
    - troubleshooting says that the network adapter isn't installed (???)
    - installing drivers for my network adapter (Intel Wireless-AC 7265) directly from Intel

The "Network Adapters" tab in Device Manager shows a bunch of WAN Miniports, but nothing else. I'm seriously at wit's end here, and need your help in figuring out how to resolve this issue, as the Zenbook doesn't have an ethernet port either. Thoughts? Suggestions? Solutions? I'll take anything at this point.

Thanks guys!

:)

anuttam11, Jun 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 upgrade makes my computer shut down randomly

I have the same issue. MY Windows 10 is a new OEM install. BECAUSE, last update fried my hardrive. So new SSD Drives, New OEM professional install and SINCE that install, nothing but random shutdowns. Professional diagnostic from a nationally known computer
    center could not find anything. Thought it was a power cord issue. PLEASE UPDATE Windows 10. From the web searches I see Many Many people having this issue. SO, when it came time for my son to go off to college, we decided to buy him a MAC laptop.

Windows 10 has issues, Jun 14, 2016
  3. Wifi connection does not retain if UWF is enabled in Windows 10 OS and machine is restarted or rebooted

Hi,

I am facing an issue with Wifi in windows 10. The issue is

Wifi connection does not retain if UWF is enabled in Windows 10 OS and machine is restarted or rebooted.

Can you please help me on this.

SourabhChoudhary1, Jun 14, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Windows 10 Wifi Issues

Boot to BIOS, check wifi adapter is enabled there, or at least a setting for adapter is not disabled.

I would remove all drivers towards the wifi adapters and the duplicate wan miniports, reboot and then re-install the drivers from asus first.

RWOne, Jun 14, 2016
  5. anuttam11 Win User
    I did exactly as you said, and there wasn't any setting for a WiFi adapter in BIOS. I also tried reinstalling the drivers after the following the instructions you gave me, and that didn't work either. What's going on? I mean a simple hard drive switch (after proper cloning, of course) shouldn't be causing this many problems, should it?

anuttam11, Jun 14, 2016
  6. RWOne Win User
    RWOne, Jun 14, 2016
  7. anuttam11 Win User
    It was originally on Windows 10. And yes the CPU is 5th gen, and the driver you (and Asus) provided does not work.

anuttam11, Jun 14, 2016
  8. RWOne Win User

Windows 10 Wifi Issues

Ok, last thing I have, then i'd say contact Asus support for it:

That other driver on the support page for controlling the radio via key toggle, that working? (If it's off ....)

RWOne, Jun 14, 2016
  9. anuttam11 Win User
    The other driver just toggles airplane mode, and that works fine. Asus support won't do anything about it either unfortunately, since they just point me in the direction of the driver again.

anuttam11, Jun 14, 2016
  10. RWOne Win User
    At a loss then.

Can you revert it back to 7 using settings -> Update and Security -> Recovery ?

RWOne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Wifi Issues

1. Windows 10 Wifi Issues - Similar Threads - Wifi Issues

2. WiFi Connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Connection issue: In my Lenovo laptop, I cannot connect to my WiFi network. It showed me a message that says: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection. Where I have to click and solve that problem in my laptop. I have already checked my WiFi with my cellphone, and it is...
  3. WiFi Connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Connection issue: In my Lenovo laptop, I cannot connect to my WiFi network. It showed me a message that says: Security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection. Where I have to click and solve that problem in my laptop. I have already checked my WiFi with my cellphone, and it is...
  4. WiFi Connection issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing: PLEASE HELP ITS BEEN DAYS and i need my computer for work. I have tried so many solutions from other posts but none work. I am on Windows 10 my PC a couple days ago had corrupted files i fixed it by using the sfc /sannow method. Fast forward like a week i turn on my PC and...
  6. Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing

Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing: PLEASE HELP ITS BEEN DAYS and i need my computer for work. I have tried so many solutions from other posts but none work. I am on Windows 10 my PC a couple days ago had corrupted files i fixed it by using the sfc /sannow method. Fast forward like a week i turn on my PC and...
  7. Taskbar issues and my wifi icon is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Wifi driver missing and other issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi driver missing and other issues: My wifi driver isn’t appearing in my device manager and isn’t in hidden devices, my Bluetooth driver says nothing is connected when I checked and everything seems good, and my computer won’t read usb devices except my mouse dongleI am so confused and I need help! Thanks...
  9. Wifi driver missing and other issues

Wifi driver missing and other issues: My wifi driver isn’t appearing in my device manager and isn’t in hidden devices, my Bluetooth driver says nothing is connected when I checked and everything seems good, and my computer won’t read usb devices except my mouse dongleI am so confused and I need help! Thanks...
  10. WiFi Adapter Disabling Issue on Windows 11 Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Adapter Disabling Issue on Windows 11 Pro.: I am currently encountering an issue with the WiFi adapter on my Windows 11 Pro system, which was recently updated from Windows 10 Pro. Whenever my device is connected to a WiFi router or hotspot, and I either restart or turn off the router, Windows automatically disables the...