Windows 10: Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Failure

Discus and support Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Failure in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have been using an old Toshiba L655 laptop with Windows 10. The driver for the WiFi is obviously not supported anymore as Toshiba hasn’t made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PVanstro, Aug 15, 2022.

1. PVanstro Win User

Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Failure

Hi,I have been using an old Toshiba L655 laptop with Windows 10. The driver for the WiFi is obviously not supported anymore as Toshiba hasn’t made computers for years. In the most recent windows 10 update, the wifi adapter failed to find my network at all. It will find other neighboring networks including other AT&T networks. AT&T blames the computer. I have done what feels like all of the basics and been through all of AT&T’s required resets. I can still connect via Ethernet cord in the meantime but running a 30 foot cord to wherever I’m sitting is annoying. Microsoft has provid

:)

PVanstro, Aug 15, 2022

2. WiFi Adapter question

To be honest, I keep losing my wifi connection and Im almost positive its not due to my internet connection or Router or anything like that. VERY often, everyday, all day it keeps happening. The troubleshooter always resolves it by "reset wifi-adapter" (I believe this is the step it takes that resolves the problem) before it happens again anyways.

Its driving me nuts !

Most time when it suddenly goes out (the connection) all the networks that should be in "show available networks" or all but the one I was connected to, disappear. I run the troubleshooter and it ends in resetting the wifi adapter. And it works. 10 minutes later, it happens again. Im trying to pin down the problem here.

Thank you for your help.

Bright Eyes, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Winuser Win User
    Safe Mode with Networking - No network - No WiFi adapter...

I'm not sure what build they made the change in . I have tried every suggestion I found and nothing worked. When in Safe Mode my wireless network doesn't even show up so I can't choose it as a option.

Edit: I just tried booting into Safe Mode. The network icon had a X in it. When I clicked on it the only option was Airplane Mode.

Winuser, Aug 15, 2022
  4. RhinoCan Win User

I keep losing my WiFi adapter

I tried the Option 2 approach but kept getting the Error NetSetupDeleteObjecton Network Adapter error (0x80070005) error, even after a dozen executions of the command. That seemed like it was going nowhere so I tried Option 1.

After completing the reboot in Option 1, I never got the dialog that asked if I wanted to make the computer discoverable, even after a significant wait.

Do you have any further suggestions? I'm going to move on to "Compumind's" suggestion in the meantime and see if that helps....

- - - Updated - - -

I started working my way down the list.

1. Both the ipv4 and ipv6 resets said "access denied!". However, the mere attempt worked *briefly*, then the WiFi went down again.
    2. I disabled and re-enabled the network adapter. Again, it worked *briefly*, then I lost the WiFi again.
    3. I tried to disable the antivirus but couldn't find a setting for that so uninstalled it entirely. I got the WiFi back and this time it stayed on for several hours instead of a few minutes so I assumed it was fixed. Then I installed the new Avast One and the WiFi is still working so I'm assuming that all is well finally!

Thank you for this list of suggestions!!!

RhinoCan, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Failure - Similar Threads - Wifi Network Adapter

2. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  3. Wifi network adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi network adapter: My other PC does have a Wifi network adapter and therefore unable to connect to WiFi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-network-adapter/1fa8a8fb-ac57-4afb-88d5-dc42a1808905
  4. Wifi is in the Network Adapter Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is in the Network Adapter Option: Hello, I have an issue with my PC’s wifi connection. The wifi option is missing in the “Network & Internet Setting” and is also missing in the “more network adapter options”. I am using a “TP-Link wireless PCI Express Adapter” for my wifi and under Device manager, the option...
  5. Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Failure: Hi,I have been using an old Toshiba L655 laptop with Windows 10. The driver for the WiFi is obviously not supported anymore as Toshiba hasn’t made computers for years. In the most recent windows 10 update, the wifi adapter failed to find my network at all. It will find other...
  6. Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Wifi Network Adapter Failure: Hi,I have been using an old Toshiba L655 laptop with Windows 10. The driver for the WiFi is obviously not supported anymore as Toshiba hasn’t made computers for years. In the most recent windows 10 update, the wifi adapter failed to find my network at all. It will find other...
  7. Missing wifi and network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing wifi and network adapter: My laptop just froze recently and restarted. It booted up and the wifi icon is gone. I troubleshoot it and it tells me to install a network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need ti re install the driver. I don't remember the...
  8. Missing wifi and network adapter

Missing wifi and network adapter: My laptop just froze recently and restarted. It booted up and the wifi icon is gone. I troubleshoot it and it tells me to install a network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter, you will need ti re install the driver. I don't remember the...
  9. Multiple network adapters & No wifi

Multiple network adapters & No wifi: Hello,My PC suddenly kicked me off the wifi network. Restarted my router and reset it and nothing happened. Troubleshooted, nothing happened. Found that I have multiple network adapters. Uninstalled them all and reinstalled them. Restarted computer—nothing happened. Can’t...
  10. Network Adapter / No Wifi Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapter / No Wifi Problem: So, it was all good until one day I switched on and I can't connect to wifi. I have the cracked version of windows, I dont know if thats the problem, what I mean by the wifi not working is I cant find the icon, I clicked the notification bar and accessed it from there but it...