Windows 10: Windows 10 wifi settings are missing.

Discus and support Windows 10 wifi settings are missing. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an alienware alpha i3 running windows 10 and recently the wifi has been disconnecting and not detecting any wifi signals in the area. I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Eam1188, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Eam1188 Win User

Windows 10 wifi settings are missing.

I have an alienware alpha i3 running windows 10 and recently the wifi has been disconnecting and not detecting any wifi signals in the area. I had rebooted the pc and suddenly the wifi icon on the Taskbar was replaced by an ethernet icon with a red X over it and no wifi icon in sight when opening available network menu.

What's weird is there's 4 adapters available

Bluetooth, ethernet 1 ethernet 2 and wifi. Which are all disabled.

I followed some instructions to go to regedit to 'eaphost' and edit the 'DependOnService' and delete the value data inside it

It worked for a day before all my wifi settings disappeared again.

I went to services.msc

WLAN auto config and pressed start service but brings up an error code : 1053 the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Before I rebooted my PC, the wifi icon was available on the task bar, but now its gone and only airplane mode is there.

Network connections shows "not connected"

But entering configure shows "this device is working properly"

It's a wireless AC-3160 driver version 18.33.9.3

Ethernet connection is now stuck on "idenfying" and can't find my network even through a wired connection.

My wired ps4 works just fine and my phone is detecting all the wifi networks around my area.

I'm thinking this might have to do with a bad wifi card that needs replacing but not sure if that also affects the ethernet connection as well? Can it?

Does this sound like the work of a faulty wifi card?

:)

Eam1188, Sep 19, 2018

2. Wifi settings are missing

Hello,

My Wifi settings are missing. I tried the steps as given in: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023503/surface-wi-fi-settings-are-missingbut
    that didn't solve the issue.

Here some details:

• Windows 10 home / 1709 / 16299.125
    • I installed all Windows udpates.
    • In device manager I don't see under networkadapter the Marvell Avastar.
    • The troubleshooter didn't solve the problem.
    • Problem started a week ago, reason is unknown.
    • I don't know which surface I have, or what surface even is.

Hopefully someone can help me to get the wifi settings back, need internet wireless.

Mattaboy10, Sep 19, 2018
  3. WIFI setting tab is missing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

Do not worry, it can be fixed.

Restart Surface and check.

It could be due to incorrect settings or missing updates or damaged drivers.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Can’t connect to a wireless network:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...t-connect-to-a-wireless-network?os=windows-10

Wi-Fi settings are missing:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ifi-is-missing-icon-not-showing?os=windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10 wifi settings are missing. [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 wifi settings are missing. - Similar Threads - wifi settings are

2. Wifi settings are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi settings are missing: The internet on my computer wasn't working, I tried to check my wifi connection but all wifi settings had disappeared, I've tried everything I can think of like updating and restarting and I've tried various things I found on the Internet which led to discovering the Network...
  3. Wifi settings are missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi settings are missing: The internet on my computer wasn't working, I tried to check my wifi connection but all wifi settings had disappeared, I've tried everything I can think of like updating and restarting and I've tried various things I found on the Internet which led to discovering the Network...
  4. Wifi settings are missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. missing wifi settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing wifi settings: last night my computer was fine, but it seemed to have updated to windows 11 while i was asleep and now i can’t find my wifi settings, ive tried everything that the support page says but nothing works. it so weird i go into the network and internet tab and all settings are...
  6. missing wifi settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    missing wifi settings: last night my computer was fine, but it seemed to have updated to windows 11 while i was asleep and now i can’t find my wifi settings, ive tried everything that the support page says but nothing works. it so weird i go into the network and internet tab and all settings are...
  7. Wifi missing in network and internet settings on Windows 10

Wifi missing in network and internet settings on Windows 10: Hi support, I hope you are well. I am unable to access wifi because wifi is missing in my network and internet settings. I've tried to download the drivers that seem to be missing but the Installshield Wizard never comes up to complete the install process. Can you please...
  8. Wifi settings missing

Wifi settings missing: Hello Everyone ! I moved recently and since my router now is in a different room, i bought a usb wireless adapter to connect via wifi.The adapter works fine, but I can't find any wifi settings in the Network & Internet settings. see the picture [IMG] The drivers are up...
  9. Wifi settings missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi settings missing: [ATTACH] Hello Everyone ! I moved recently and since my router now is in a different room, i bought a usb wireless adapter to connect via wifi.The adapter works fine, but I can't find any wifi settings in the Network & Internet settings. (see the picture)...
  10. WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing: It was working day before yesterday. The Tray icon only shows the network/Ethernet adapter; the wifi icon is missing. Normally I'd click on the wifi icon to connect to wifi networks; that option is not available. Instead I get "Not Connected - No Connections Available."...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wifi settings missing

2. missing wifi settings

3. wifi missing from settings-windows 10

4. wifi missing in windows 10 settings,
  5. windows 10 wifi settings disappeared,
  6. windows 10 wi-fi settings missing,
  7. wifi missing in setings,
  8. windows 10 wifi options missing,
  9. wi-fi settings are missing