Windows 10: Windows 10 wifi sharing involving ethernet

Discus and support Windows 10 wifi sharing involving ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A linux pc physically connected to a windows 10 pc with ethernet connects to the internet using wifi sharing with windows 10 pc statically set as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vorlket, Oct 1, 2018.

1. vorlket Win User

Windows 10 wifi sharing involving ethernet

A linux pc physically connected to a windows 10 pc with ethernet connects to the internet using wifi sharing with windows 10 pc statically set as gateway. I have set firewall inbound rule to allow all programs from the linux pc to connect to windows 10 pc.

Issue I have is that the linux pc doesn't connect to the internet. On rare occassion it did. Because the two pcs can ssh and ping each other, the problem is with wifi sharing where ethernet connection connects to the internet via wifi. Possible resolution ideas are welcomed.

:)

vorlket, Oct 1, 2018
  2. matake Win User

configure two network type wifi public and Ethernet private

Hello,

I have two network adapters in Windows 10 one wifi for connecting to internet and one Ethernet for local network.
    I need to configure wifi adapter to public network and Ethernet to private network but i can't.

Inverse it work ( wifi to private and Ethernet to public ) but I don't need that.
    (only wifi adapter have option to be discoverable by others pd in Network Settings -> advanced options )

I need to share files by Ethernet AND NOT by wifi.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

matake, Oct 1, 2018
  3. UrhoK Win User
    sharing ethernet connection of windows 10 laptop to android mobile via wifi

I'm having the same problem as you, I tried to follow the guide
    http://www.techtolead.com/how-to-share-ethernet-connection-via-wifi-in-windows/2941/
    but that is for windows 8/8.1 so step 10 isn't possible as the drop down doesn't show up, where I am supposed to choose "local area connection"

Looking at Control Panel-> Internet and Sharing I can see two connections, the wifi I created though doesn't have access to internet while the Ethernet connection does.

So I'm stuck!

When searching with my phone for wifi to connect to it does show up and I can type in the selected key but after that nothing happens.

So, if anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction! =)

Tia!

UrhoK, Oct 1, 2018
  4. JLPATL Win User

Can't connect wifi or ethernet

So I cant get WiFi or Ethernet to work on either of my two computers with the new Windows 10 Update. I read and try to follow the recommendations (using a work computer) about the steps to take. I love that the final step if the first suggestions didn't
    work, is to make sure you've downloaded the correct drivers. Could the engineers be more specific as to how you download drivers when you can't get on the internet.

Thanks.

JLPATL, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 wifi sharing involving ethernet - Similar Threads - wifi sharing involving

2. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable: Objective? I'm trying to set up my Windows 10 computer to share it's wifi connection with another computer that is connected to it through an ethernet cable. Most instructions I've found on this topic tell you to get the wifi properties" > "sharing" tab. Although at that...
  3. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable: Objective? I'm trying to set up my Windows 10 computer to share it's wifi connection with another computer that is connected to it through an ethernet cable. Most instructions I've found on this topic tell you to get the wifi properties" > "sharing" tab. Although at that...
  4. Ethernet IP not changing when sharing wifi by it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet IP not changing when sharing wifi by it: HiI want to share my wifi through ethernet with another device but when enabling sharing, the IP of ethernet doesn’t change to default 192.168.137.1It stays the same a before although in ipv4 settings it says it should be 192.168.137.1 but not in status of connection or...
  5. Ethernet IP not changing when sharing wifi by it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet IP not changing when sharing wifi by it: HiI want to share my wifi through ethernet with another device but when enabling sharing, the IP of ethernet doesn’t change to default 192.168.137.1It stays the same a before although in ipv4 settings it says it should be 192.168.137.1 but not in status of connection or...
  6. Ethernet IP not changing when sharing wifi by it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. share folder work by Ethernet and Not work by wifi

share folder work by Ethernet and Not work by wifi: i have 2 pc both have windows 10 the first is Connect by Ethernet the second Connect by wifi and has share folder and both of them in the same router it was working fine and suddenly i cannot Access the share folder fromthe first pc but when i switch the connect in the...
  8. Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi)

Internet Connection sharing not working (NOT to share between ethernet to wifi): Dear community, Maybe you can be of some better assistance given Microsofts support line just hung up on me (Mid sentence) when i explained that i had tried their solutions and they didn't work and that i know it isn't a hardware fault as it works when i run a live OS. So...
  9. Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet

Sharing Internet Connection FROM WiFi TO Ethernet: Hi, I am trying to share an internet connection from a Windows 10 Laptop to a device that cannot access a Username/Password secured WiFi Network. However I cannot seem to stop the Ethernet Connection from automatically turning the WiFi off. I have tried changing the...
  10. Can't share WiFi via Ethernet (ICS)

Can't share WiFi via Ethernet (ICS): We're having an issue in our office that has me stumped. We have 5 machines, all on Windows 10, and 5 IP phones. The IP phones need to be connected via ethernet, and since we don't have access to an ethernet connection in our building, we share the wifi from the computer to...