Windows 10: Windows 10 wifi slows down until reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 wifi slows down until reboot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello i have noticed a problem with my Lenovo Legion laptop After a while the internet connection completely slows down to the point it is pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KrisBolton, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10 wifi slows down until reboot

Hello

i have noticed a problem with my Lenovo Legion laptop

After a while the internet connection completely slows down to the point it is pretty unusable, however a simple reboot fixes he issue until of course it slows again over time.

i've tried lots of things to rectify that i have seen online, but nothing has resolved the issue. i have all the latest window updates and network driver updates as far as i can tell. i've disable my AV and tested and that makes no difference.

Can someone help please?

Cheers

:)

KrisBolton, Aug 16, 2019

2. Wifi very slow on laptop, but ok on other devices - Windows 10

Hi Annu

I've had the same problem as Panayiotis1984. Upgraded to Windows 10 on my Lenovo from windows 8.1 - now the wifi is painfully slow. The wifi still works fine on my other devices (smartphone etc).

I tried the steps that you suggested but they did not bring an improvement.

Any other suggestions?

Michael

MichaelCNZ, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Wifi Very Slow

Hi,

The following are some reasons that may cause of the slow WiFi connection.

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

To isolate the concern, have you checked if the issue persists with other devices? For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    article.

Marby Rey, Aug 16, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 wifi slows down until reboot

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 wifi slows down until reboot

1. Windows 10 wifi slows down until reboot - Similar Threads - wifi slows down

2. Why My WiFi Connection Slowing Down?!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why My WiFi Connection Slowing Down?!: My Windows 10 Is great Before This Issue, My Connection Is 10 Mbps On Router And My Windows 10 Can Use Full Internet Speed,But Now My Windows 10 Cant Use Full Internet It Just Use 3-4 Mbps Of My Internet Speed Sometime It Can't Use any Internet Just Like 350-778Kbps How Is...
  3. Windows Slow and slow down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Slow and slow down: Whats going on in Win 10. The past 2-3 weeks have seen win 10 go from smooth and fast to slow and slow. This forum took 77-78 seconds to open from clicking on shortcut to screen. I have games staggering all over the place like drunken graphics. On occasion sites do not even...
  4. Sound not working until reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not working until reboot: Sound keeps crashing on my new laptop (fully loaded Dell XPS) running windows 10. What happens is this: 1. Sound works fine until and I connect to a bluetooth device. Audio works fine on the device too. 2. I turn off the headset. 3. I can't get any sound from native...
  5. Slow Reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Reboot: hi,even after format my pc rebooting very slow...but the first boot of the day is always fast. he is my logs from performance run program. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjqvHxhQYpcXab1Ymg3gqt_z32I...
  6. Windows 10 slows until it freezes.

Windows 10 slows until it freezes.: Lately I've been having serious processing problem with my computer. My computer will be lightning fast for awhile, but then it will slow down to programs taking 10 minutes to load when 5 minutes ago it would take less than 10 seconds. I've noticed that this will typically...
  7. Windows 10 slowing down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 slowing down: Despite using an anti-virus my desktop is slowing down. Processing is consuming alot of time. How to revamp my system so the system becomees faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slowing-down/e932c154-b193-45f5-8c78-fd2f74e9786e"
  8. Windows 10 slowing down

Windows 10 slowing down: Microsoft appears to be aware of the issues. Why doesn't MS provide a troubleshooter which fixes the issues with slowing down of computers with Windows 10 and other versions of Windows. I have 8 GB of RAM and a i7 7500U CPU and have never seen RAM or CPU 100% utilized....
  9. Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl

Laptop WiFi slowed down to a crawl: Device: Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241. OS: Windows 10 x64 (Pre Installed) ISP: Suddenlink WiFi Router: Netgear N600 Wireless Double band router (WNDR3400v3). Firmware version V1.0.0.38_1.0.40 I get a low speed of 0.3 Mbps on the laptop through WiFi whereas the same WiFi...
  10. WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10

WIFI Internet speed is slow down after upgrading to Windows 10: I have upgraded my OS from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After the installation the internet speed is slow down like a dial in connection (it is slow down if I am using wifi connection and it is fine if I am using a cable/wired connection). It is taking long time to load the web...