Windows 10: Windows 10 - wifi status is "Connected, secured" but I'm unable to access any website

Discus and support Windows 10 - wifi status is "Connected, secured" but I'm unable to access any website in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy laptop running on Windows 10. I started it with no issues today and used it for about an hour. Suddenly, I could no longer open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kwasi001, Jan 9, 2020.

1. kwasi001 Win User

Windows 10 - wifi status is "Connected, secured" but I'm unable to access any website

I have an HP Envy laptop running on Windows 10. I started it with no issues today and used it for about an hour. Suddenly, I could no longer open websites. I cleared my cache and switched browsers - no luck. My wifi status says "Connected, secured". Network status is "You're connected to the internet". Running the the troubleshooter gives me this message - "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".

I am able to connect to my wifi on other devices.

:)

kwasi001, Jan 9, 2020

2. I cant access to my wifi router

Wifi router

Hello marcosamerio..
    If you are unable to connect access your wifi router then there must be some problem with connection. I think the following step scan help you to connect it properly to wireless router.

Connect your computer to the wireless router. Although you can access the router wirelessly, it is better to use an Ethernet cable to directly connect to your router so that you can securely adjust router settings. Plug the Ethernet cable into the appropriate Ethernet jack on your computer. Plug the other end of the cable into any one of the open Ethernet ports on the back of your wireless router.

2. Open a Web browser. In the URL address field, enter the IP address for your wireless router. This information should be contained in your router’s manual. If you cannot find it, enter “198.168.1.1” as the address. This is usually the default IP address for most routers.

3. Enter the username and password for your router. This should also be supplied in the router’s manual. If you don’t have this information, go to the RouterPasswords website and find the brand and model of your router. This site lists the default login information for most wireless routers.

4. You should now be able to see your wireless router settings. You can configure your network ports, as well as SSID (wireless network name) and passwords.

mariamenounous, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Problem with connecting with a website with Windows 10. Help!

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the TWC website, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to do a ping test for the website you are unable to access and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Command Prompt.
    • Type ping <website address> and hit Enter.
    • You will find the status of connection with the website.

Let us know the results of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 9, 2020
  4. wabbles Win User

Windows 10 - wifi status is "Connected, secured" but I'm unable to access any website

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - wifi status is "Connected, secured" but I'm unable to access any website - Similar Threads - wifi status Connected

2. Unable to connect to any website using WPA2 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to any website using WPA2 on windows 10: So, I am unable to connect to my wifi through my broadband router. I tried many things , including router hard reset multiple times. I am able to connect using my mobile hotspotwhich uses WPA3 but not through my broadband router through wifi or LAN. I am using WPA2AES...
  3. Unable to connect to any website using WPA2 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to any website using WPA2 on windows 10: So, I am unable to connect to my wifi through my broadband router. I tried many things , including router hard reset multiple times. I am able to connect using my mobile hotspotwhich uses WPA3 but not through my broadband router through wifi or LAN. I am using WPA2AES...
  4. Unable to connect to any website using WPA2 on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I am unable to connect to a VPN or access any VPN website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to connect to a VPN or access any VPN website: Recently I have been unable to start my VPN or indeed access any VPN website, hwoever my current VPN oprovider is working fine on my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-to-a-vpn-or-access-any-vpn/9eb942c3-e68b-4d9e-93fa-c58f490be0c4
  6. I am unable to connect to a VPN or access any VPN website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am unable to connect to a VPN or access any VPN website: Recently I have been unable to start my VPN or indeed access any VPN website, hwoever my current VPN oprovider is working fine on my phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-connect-to-a-vpn-or-access-any-vpn/9eb942c3-e68b-4d9e-93fa-c58f490be0c4
  7. No secure connection to this website?

No secure connection to this website?: I have a question you can avoid this if there is no secure connection possible Keine sichere Verbindung zu dieser Website?
  8. Unable to connect to microsoft connection, or any antivirus website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to connect to microsoft connection, or any antivirus website: In the past month or so I have not been able to connect to any microsoft program such as xbox app, Skype or the windows store. And if I try to connect to any antivirus website, same thing. I've looked through my programs to find which one could be causing it but I honestly...
  9. Connected to wifi and has internet access but not able to open any websites

Connected to wifi and has internet access but not able to open any websites: HI, My PC is connected to available WIFI. And it show it has internet access but i can't open any websites. Regards Vinoth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connected-to-wifi-and-has-internet-access-but-not/807c01b5-d000-409e-b2cd-ed52b4c86c43
  10. I'm connected to wifi but certain websites won't load

I'm connected to wifi but certain websites won't load: So I got a new wifi rooter yesterday and ever since I've connected to the new wifi, certain websites won't load (my phone is the same too) Idk what to do, restarting my computer hasn't worked and same with using the trouble shooter and network trouble shooter, please help!...