Windows 10: Windows 10 WiFi upload consistently 0.15 Mbps, OSX consistently 7+ Mbps

Discus and support Windows 10 WiFi upload consistently 0.15 Mbps, OSX consistently 7+ Mbps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Both have similar download results: 32-42 Mbps. Both have similar latency, ~22ms. But I've noticed that uploading even small files takes ages on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/strixvarius, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 WiFi upload consistently 0.15 Mbps, OSX consistently 7+ Mbps

Both have similar download results: 32-42 Mbps. Both have similar latency, ~22ms.

But I've noticed that uploading even small files takes ages on my Windows 10 machine, so I tested it (same location, same network, both WiFi) and consistently get ~0.15 Mbps!

I'm not sure why this would be. My one guess is perhaps the Hyper-V virtual adapter? Any ideas?

submitted by /u/strixvarius
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/strixvarius, Mar 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 is not responding to the change from 25 Mbps to 100 Mbps

My recent upgrade to 100 Mbps (from 25 Mbps) is somehow ignored by my Windows 10 laptop. The Windows 7 had no problem accepting it.

I had Linksys test my router; it works fine. The older Motorola modem from Spectrum seems to work ok. The first (customer friendly) Spectrum tech said I should swap the modem for a newer Arres 1602 non-wireless model. Meanwhile, hardwired tests
    showed a 98.8 upload and 11.7 download, but as soon as I switched back to wifi, it was only 28.6
    Upload and 11.5 download. The next two (sales-oriented) techs pushed their all-in-one modem that costs $5.- extra per month. Being on a fixed income, I need to count my pennies. Does anyone know what I should
    do to get the full wifi benefit that I am paying for?

HelenDaniel, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Johannes Win User
    Curious about the difference beteen G5 mbps and the 2.4 mbps network

On one PC I get on the G5, 75 mbps download and 8.6 mbps on the upload and ping 114 ms (speed test)
    On the other PC with 2.4 mbps I get on average 16.8 download and 4.6 upload and ping 21 ms (speed test)
    Yet the speed between the 2 PC's does not seem to be that much different when browsing.
    Furthermore, I tried to get the second PC also on the G5 but for some reason the G5 does not come up on the network list.
    I was told that being on the G5 you get less interference using Wi-Fi.
    Both PC's have the windows 10 OS.
    I did reset the modem and I reset the network, but it did not make the G5 come up on the network list of the second PC, whereas before I changed mine to the G5 from the 2.4 you could see that both were visible on the both PC's network list.

Johannes, Mar 14, 2020
  4. a200839 Win User

Windows 10 WiFi upload consistently 0.15 Mbps, OSX consistently 7+ Mbps

Windows 10 - Network upload speed limited to 0.60 Mbps after upgrade from Windows 7

I recently upgraded from home laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad W520) from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After running for ~1 month and getting use to the new UI, I decided it was safe to upgrade from Home computer as well (ASUS P8Z77-V LK, 32GB men, etc.). Prior to
    upgrading, both my laptop and my home computer were getting 80+ Mbps network throughput as measured by speedtest.net. After the upgrade to Windows 10, my laptop still get 80+ Mbps in both directions, but my home PC is getting 80+ Mbps download, and just 0.60
    Mbps upload.

Here's y configuration and what I've tried so:

Verizon FIOS modem -> Netgear nighthawk R7000 -> laptop & Home PC.

All LAN cabling is CAT 6.

I was getting 80+Mbps with the PC when running Windows 7 (prior to the upgrade).

I tested the laptop with both wired and wireless connections and I get 80+ Mbps with both wired and wireless connections. (cable modem and router appears to be working fine).

I tried swapping the LAN cables used between the laptop and the PC - the PC remains limited to 0.60 Mbps upload. (cabled appear to be fine).

I tried swapping the ports the laptop and PC are plugged into on the Nighthawk - the PC remains limited to 0.60 Mbps upload. (network port appears to be fine)

I tried powering the PC off for 10+ minutes (lots of people recommended this solution for similar problems) - no difference. (long shot, but other people claimed success, so tried it).

I tried changing/upgrading the Realtek driver for the PC. I tried the older on the ASUS site, and the latest driver (10.6.1001.2105) - the PC remains limited to 0.60 Mbps upload. (Using the latest driver and older driver show exact same performance).

I bought a new network card, a Tenda LAN Adapter TEL9901G. I wasn't expecting this, but it uses the same Realtek driver. The new network card performs exactly the same (80+ Mbps download, 0.60 Mbps upload). (2 network cards have the poor performance).

At a loss for what else to try... (please don't recommend rolling back to Windows 7 and trying again).

a200839, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 WiFi upload consistently 0.15 Mbps, OSX consistently 7+ Mbps

1. Windows 10 WiFi upload consistently 0.15 Mbps, OSX consistently 7+ Mbps - Similar Threads - WiFi upload consistently

2. Mbps download at 255.8 but Mbps upload at 0.35,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mbps download at 255.8 but Mbps upload at 0.35,: this happens at random times. usually the mbps upload speed is around 10 or 11 but then suddenly it just turns to sub 1. im using windows 10 pro, i use cox wifi 5g. this is only a problem with my pc since any other device has higher upload speeds when this happens...
  3. Mbps download at 255.8 but Mbps upload at 0.35,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mbps download at 255.8 but Mbps upload at 0.35,: this happens at random times. usually the mbps upload speed is around 10 or 11 but then suddenly it just turns to sub 1. im using windows 10 pro, i use cox wifi 5g. this is only a problem with my pc since any other device has higher upload speeds when this happens...
  4. Mbps download at 255.8 but Mbps upload at 0.35,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  6. Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet

Upload speed under 1 mbps on ethernet: So I have gigabit internet and have never had a problem on my computer until about a month ago but I haven't had the time to figure it out till today and all that I have done is make the problem worse. I had an issue where my download speed was 800-900 range which is what I...
  7. Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps

Windows 10 Upload speed capped at 100 Mbps: Hi, For some reason my upload speed is capped at 100 Mbps, it should reach 250 Mbps. I tried restarting in Safe Mode with network, and the speed was as it should be, but in normal mode it isn't. What else can I do? What I tried: 1. Uninstall all network drives, and...
  8. 0 Mbps download

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    0 Mbps download: Hi I'm transferring a large file to a hard drive, and it was transferring just fine(~60mbps) but then the "remaining items" hit 0 with 0 bytes left. My speed started to say 0 bytes per second, and it said estimated time 5 seconds remaining. But new files keep showing up in...
  9. Mbps

Mbps: How do I find the Mbps for my particular system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/mbps/716fe8c0-575f-4f02-a5c6-c61deb4057f9
  10. Windows 10 is not responding to the change from 25 Mbps to 100 Mbps

Windows 10 is not responding to the change from 25 Mbps to 100 Mbps: My recent upgrade to 100 Mbps (from 25 Mbps) is somehow ignored by my Windows 10 laptop. The Windows 7 had no problem accepting it. I had Linksys test my router; it works fine. The older Motorola modem from Spectrum seems to work ok. The first (customer friendly)...