Windows 10: Windows 10 Wiki FAQs

Discus and support Windows 10 Wiki FAQs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; OK, as I said, I didn't know how the license is tied to the motherboard; I just figured it was, and you've confirmed what I thought. I just didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Slartybart, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Roger Win User

Windows 10 Wiki FAQs

It's going to be interesting with downloadable O/Ss. If you find a legal copy of Win7 for $50 or so it may be possible to save a few bucks by installing Win7 and upgrading. Depends on the price that Win10 is issued at???
    Me thinks a lot of online sellers/stores will have an inventory of Win7 and Win8 on hand when Win10 hits. MS won't want them back (WAG) so we may be knee deep in D/L type with a valid key @ 2 for a quarter???
    Time will tell............. I'm gonna round up a quarter just in case!

Roger, Apr 7, 2015
  2. Wynona Win User

Oh, absolutely! I'm hoping that Windows 10 will be available to me for a few bucks so I don't have to do away with my Windows 8.1 licenses. I'm not sure I have enough Windows 7 licenses to cover all my machines.

That would be nice. *Smile

Wynona, Apr 7, 2015
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    Does anybody have a headache yet? *What

f14tomcat, Apr 7, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 Wiki FAQs

Na.. I think most/all of the questions will be answered in May.. assuming a June RTM. *Smile

BunnyJ, Apr 7, 2015
  5. Slartybart, Apr 8, 2015
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Touche` *Smile

f14tomcat, Apr 8, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    The guy said in the video that it will be free to current windows 8.1, 8 and 7 users. This better be made crystal clear before I upgrade to 10.

8. Chuck38 Win User

Windows 10 Wiki FAQs

Seemed pretty clear to me. *Huh

Chuck38, Apr 8, 2015
  9. Wynona Win User
    On both Windows betas I was on, we told MS both Vista and Windows 7 weren't ready for prime time, but both were released anyway. Consequently, we were testing Service Pack 1 almost immediately after RTM.

In fact, I was testing SP1 for Vista and using an Alpha (dogfood) version of Windows 7 at the same time. *Smile And yes, Windows 7 was a whole lot better at RTM than Vista was, but it still had to have a service pack done and quickly!

So, I'm not at all excited to think Windows 10 might be RTMed in June. Not at all.

And now I'm going to go watch "The Voice" with my hubby.

Wynona, Apr 8, 2015
  10. groze Win User
    I didn't read all the postings, on the motherboard issue. Motherboard upgrade=New license needed, Motherboard replacement or upgrade to do to damage or stops working=No new License needed and maybe a phone call to Microsoft.

groze, Apr 8, 2015
  11. Burgurne Win User
    About new MOBO and MACnr. I have used a little trick since Windows XP. When installing an OEM om a homebuild, I insert a cheap Intel netadapter, and deactivate onboard net. Windows is then activated with this Intel netadapter and its MACnr. After windows activating I take the netcard out again, and activate onboard netcard in BIOS. Next time I switch mobo, and install Windows, I put the netadapter in again, and them it is the same MACnr as last time. It had worked with XP, win 7 and win 8 and OEM.

Burgurne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Wiki FAQs

1. Windows 10 Wiki FAQs - Similar Threads - Wiki FAQs

2. Recovery key faq

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery key faq: Hello , I need to retrieve the recovery key faq for my tablet. My key ID is 3E795BDA.Drive Label: JC-Stream-7 Windows 3/11/2015 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-key-faq/0732f4dd-cc44-4596-b4cd-8862c0cdf5a3
  3. Recovery key faq

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery key faq: Hello , I need to retrieve the recovery key faq for my tablet. My key ID is 3E795BDA.Drive Label: JC-Stream-7 Windows 3/11/2015 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-key-faq/0732f4dd-cc44-4596-b4cd-8862c0cdf5a3
  4. Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License FAQ

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License FAQ: i buy the new customize PC few month ago, can i buy windows 10 pro OEM License? or i need buy esd or fpp license? may i know the new pc with valid windows oem license right is new customize pc with windows oem license at same invoice? can i buy new customize pc with this...
  5. Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License FAQ

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License FAQ: i buy the new customize PC few month ago, can i buy windows 10 pro OEM License? or i need buy esd or fpp license? may i know the new pc with valid windows oem license right is new customize pc with windows oem license at same invoice? can i buy new customize pc with this...
  6. Windows 10 / Windows 11 OEM License FAQ

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't reach Fandom Wiki

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't reach Fandom Wiki: I have an ongoing problem, I am unable to reach the Fandom Wiki. No matter how I input it, typing into the address bar or clicking on a link on a search page, I will get the message 'err connection reset'. It doesn't matter which browser I use, I have tried 4 of the most...
  8. I WAS RECOMMENDED TO USE https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Step_By_S tep AND STILL...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I WAS RECOMMENDED TO USE https://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Step_By_S tep AND STILL...: i stuck at this part after finish analyse and deep search.this is what i got after: [ATTACH] i dont know what to do next after the analyse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-was-recommended-to-use/69cba9c8-7d93-4eea-a497-9e59c57bc373
  9. Cannot Connect to Gustav Wiki from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Connect to Gustav Wiki from Windows 10: Hi Everyone, My workgroup uses a Mac Mini Gustav server to share files and I used to access it from my Windows 8 computer. Now I got upgraded to windows 10 and then I cannot access it any more. It kept saying that my password was incorrect but I am sure it was right. Any...
  10. Announcing public preview of Wiki search

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing public preview of Wiki search: Wiki search feature is being deployed with the S126 Update. The deployment for this sprint is in progress therefore if you don’t see wiki search in your account, then please check back soon. Search wiki pages Over time as teams document more content in wiki pages,...