Windows 10: Windows 10 will begin promoting Microsoft Edge via Settings app

Discus and support Windows 10 will begin promoting Microsoft Edge via Settings app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft’s latest effort to promote Chromium Edge involves a banner in the Windows 10 Settings app. In Windows 10 preview builds, if you install a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 27, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 will begin promoting Microsoft Edge via Settings app

Microsoft’s latest effort to promote Chromium Edge involves a banner in the Windows 10 Settings app. In Windows 10 preview builds, if you install a third-party browser and set it as the default browser, a new banner in the Settings app will recommend the Chromium Edge browser.

Lately, Microsoft has been taking serious aim at the other browsers by introducing banners across the operating system to try to persuade rival browser fans to try the Chromium Edge.

At the moment, the new banner is only appearing in the Insider preview builds for Windows 10 Home and non-domain-joined Windows 10 Pro PCs.

It also appears that the banner is currently rolling out to select testers only, so this could be yet another experiment and we don’t know if everyone will see this message once the update is officially released.

To promote Microsoft Edge, Microsoft is using the Settings app’s header feature that currently sits at the top of the window and displays basic information like your user account, OneDrive, and Windows Update.

Microsoft first introduced the new Settings header with May 2020 Update and the purpose of the header is to display essential information. The tech giant is now exploring a new “Web Browsing” option within the header area to recommend the Chromium Edge.

Windows 10 will begin promoting Microsoft Edge via Settings app Edge-banner-in-Windows-Settings.jpg

If you click on the Web Browsing link and you’ve installed Chrome or Firefox, Microsoft will display a notification trying to persuade the user that they should be browsing with Chromium Edge instead.

Below the link, Microsoft is also displaying “Restore recommended” alert that allows you to set Chromium Edge as the default browser with one additional click.

Windows 10 will begin promoting Microsoft Edge via Settings app Edge-recommendation.jpg

Broadly speaking, there’s a lot to like about Microsoft Edge and it’s also better than Google Chrome, but there are some users who may not like Microsoft’s recommendations for its products and services within the OS.

Unfortunately, it appears that there’s no way to dismiss the recommendation, at least for now.

The post Windows 10 will begin promoting Microsoft Edge via Settings app appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 27, 2020

2. Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows..

Like seeing Promoted Apps in the Start Menu? You'll love the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Windows 10 will begin promoting Microsoft Edge via Settings app [​IMG]

Read more: http://www.neowin.net/news/like-seei...versary-update

Windows 10 will begin promoting Microsoft Edge via Settings app [​IMG]
    Tip How to Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10

Cluster Head, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 will begin promoting Microsoft Edge via Settings app

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 will begin promoting Microsoft Edge via Settings app

1. Windows 10 will begin promoting Microsoft Edge via Settings app - Similar Threads - begin promoting Microsoft

2. disable installation of promotional app on windows 11 via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable installation of promotional app on windows 11 via GPO: I Need to disable the automatic installation of promotion app like istagram, skype, messanger etc that happen when the user first logon to windows.Is there a GPO i can use?I found some article on the reg keys \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager...
  3. disable installation of promotional app on windows 11 via GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable installation of promotional app on windows 11 via GPO: I Need to disable the automatic installation of promotion app like istagram, skype, messanger etc that happen when the user first logon to windows.Is there a GPO i can use?I found some article on the reg keys \Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager...
  4. Microsoft testing error badge in Windows 10 to promote Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft testing error badge in Windows 10 to promote Microsoft accounts: Microsoft is testing a change in one of the latest Windows 11 Developer builds; it is displaying an error badge on the user's account profile image if a local account is being used. First discovered by Albacore, it appeared in Developer build 23419, which Microsoft released...
  5. windows search, microsoft store , microsoft edge and settings apps are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search, microsoft store , microsoft edge and settings apps are not working: how to fix windows search, microsoft store , microsoft edge and settings apps are not working * Moved from Research/Eyes First https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-microsoft-store-microsoft-edge-and/04442773-5dce-4f99-8a08-b9883bcfa528
  6. Dropbox promotion - Is it happening via Win10 or HP?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dropbox promotion - Is it happening via Win10 or HP?: A friend bought a new HP TP01-1050, i5, Windows 10 Home PC from amazon and I'm setting it up for him. While using the PC, a Dropbox promotion popped up and the popup did not have any way to close it except to click the "OK" button which I guess is "OK to install Dropbox". I...
  7. Now MS is promoting the new Edge even in the settings app header

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Now MS is promoting the new Edge even in the settings app header: [IMG] submitted by /u/Pesanur [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ju7s4x/now_ms_is_promoting_the_new_edge_even_in_the/
  8. Microsoft will begin pushing Windows 10’s new Edge to more users

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will begin pushing Windows 10’s new Edge to more users: The era of the traditional Microsoft Edge will come to an end for consumers and businesses in the coming months. In January, Microsoft announced that Chromium Edge will replace the classic Edge, which uses Microsoft’s own EdgeHTML to render pages, and Microsoft recently...
  9. Microsoft will begin pushing new Edge to Windows 10 next week

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will begin pushing new Edge to Windows 10 next week: The era of the traditional Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer successor will come to an end as the Chromium-based Edge would begin replacing the old browser next week. As we previously reported, new Microsoft Edge will be pushed via a Windows Update, but depending on your...
  10. Packagetracker.pro - via Microsoft edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Packagetracker.pro - via Microsoft edge: Hello - is anyone familiar with this issue I'm having? Packagetracker.pro - via Microsoft edge. I keep getting pop ups. I clicked on a box after ordering something for Christmas... and it downloaded and has slowed down my computer and keeps popping up ads and saying to invest...