Windows 10: Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate

Discus and support Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying top duplicate screen to Vizio TV through a HDMI cable. It will perform 2 of the 4 options properlydisplay to Laptop Only, display to TV only,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fletcher36, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate

Trying top duplicate screen to Vizio TV through a HDMI cable. It will perform 2 of the 4 options properlydisplay to Laptop Only, display to TV only, extend the display between both, duplicate display on both Results of each:

1. Display to Laptop ONLY: Works fine

2. Display to TV ONLY: Works fine

3. Duplicate the display on both: I get "No Signal" on the TV

4. Extend the display between both: works fine

:)

Fletcher36, Jan 19, 2020
  2. br4to92 Win User

How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays

Hello all! I'm using my Windows 10 laptop with a secondary external monitor which i want to use as a display, without the laptop's built-in display. The problem is, despite i set to show the image only on the secondary (external) monitor, after each restart or after i close the laptop's lid, it reverts to duplicating the image (or extends it, if select extend inside of duplicate). How can i stop this?? I have to manually reselect to show the image on the 2nd display only. Thanks!

Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate [​IMG]

br4to92, Jan 19, 2020
  3. windows 10 on surface pro 3 and multiple displays(2)

Hi Vadirajja,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about connecting to the external display, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to change the extended display to Duplicate display and check if it helps:

Steps:

• Connect your device.
    • Right click on Desktop and select Display settings.
    • Set the Customize your display to duplicate display.
    • Check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate

extended display windows 10

Hi Marg,

It is possible that your extended display was not detected after an update due to having incompatible display drivers. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate

1. Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate - Similar Threads - extend display won't

2. My displays will only duplicate, they won't extend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My displays will only duplicate, they won't extend: I have bought a new PC. My old machine had two HDMI ports so in the past I connected my two screens one to each HDMI port and could extend the displays. The new machine only has one hdmi and a DVI port so I have connected one screen to the HDMI port and the other to the DVI...
  3. My displays will only duplicate, they won't extend

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My displays will only duplicate, they won't extend: I have bought a new PC. My old machine had two HDMI ports so in the past I connected my two screens one to each HDMI port and could extend the displays. The new machine only has one hdmi and a DVI port so I have connected one screen to the HDMI port and the other to the DVI...
  4. Duplicate to extend multiple display control.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate to extend multiple display control.: When I switch from duplicate to extend with multiple displays, how can I control which screen automatically shows what was previously on the duplicated screen?...
  5. Duplicate to extend multiple display control.

Duplicate to extend multiple display control.: When I switch from duplicate to extend with multiple displays, how can I control which screen automatically shows what was previously on the duplicated screen?...
  6. Extended Display won't open programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Extended Display won't open programs: Running Windows 10 19044.2006 with two monitors and have display set to extended display. For some programs, bluestacks, download manager, and DazCentral, I've noticed won't load all the way or will go into a "not responding" state and will never open when the program...
  7. Must duplicate display before extending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Must duplicate display before extending: After a graphics driver update about a month ago some of my display settings are not working properly, mainly that sometimes my computer will snap out of extending to both my monitors for a number of reasons and in order to get it back I have to first select duplicate,...
  8. Must duplicate display before extending

Must duplicate display before extending: After a graphics driver update about a month ago some of my display settings are not working properly, mainly that sometimes my computer will snap out of extending to both my monitors for a number of reasons and in order to get it back I have to first select duplicate,...
  9. Display option to extend or duplicate has disappeared.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display option to extend or duplicate has disappeared.: Hi. Hopefully someone can help me as I'm tearing my hair out here. My display option to extend or duplicate has simply disappeared. I even reset my computer to factory settings and it still isn't there. It was there this afternoon, what has gone wrong and what can I...
  10. How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays: Hello all! I'm using my Windows 10 laptop with a secondary external monitor which i want to use as a display, without the laptop's built-in display. The problem is, despite i set to show the image only on the secondary (external) monitor, after each restart or after i close...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Display wont duplicate

2. windows 10 dell e6530 extends but wont duplicate