Windows 10: Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate

Discus and support Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying top duplicate screen to Vizio TV through a HDMI cable. It will perform 2 of the 4 options properlydisplay to Laptop Only, display to TV only,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fletcher36, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate

Trying top duplicate screen to Vizio TV through a HDMI cable. It will perform 2 of the 4 options properlydisplay to Laptop Only, display to TV only, extend the display between both, duplicate display on both Results of each:

1. Display to Laptop ONLY: Works fine

2. Display to TV ONLY: Works fine

3. Duplicate the display on both: I get "No Signal" on the TV

4. Extend the display between both: works fine

:)

Fletcher36, Jan 19, 2020
  2. br4to92 Win User

How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays

Hello all! I'm using my Windows 10 laptop with a secondary external monitor which i want to use as a display, without the laptop's built-in display. The problem is, despite i set to show the image only on the secondary (external) monitor, after each restart or after i close the laptop's lid, it reverts to duplicating the image (or extends it, if select extend inside of duplicate). How can i stop this?? I have to manually reselect to show the image on the 2nd display only. Thanks!

Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate [​IMG]

br4to92, Jan 19, 2020
  3. windows 10 on surface pro 3 and multiple displays(2)

Hi Vadirajja,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about connecting to the external display, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to change the extended display to Duplicate display and check if it helps:

Steps:

• Connect your device.
    • Right click on Desktop and select Display settings.
    • Set the Customize your display to duplicate display.
    • Check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate

extended display windows 10

Hi Marg,

It is possible that your extended display was not detected after an update due to having incompatible display drivers. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate

1. Windows 10 will extend display but won't duplicate - Similar Threads - extend display won't

2. How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?: I would like to know if there is an option in Windows 10 that allows me to extend the taskbar (not duplicate it) on multiple displays, in order to have the Windows button on the far left of my first monitor, the clock on the far right of my last monitor, and one looooong...
  3. Extend Display Settings

Extend Display Settings: Hello. I want to ask what to do with my laptop. The situation is that. . when I click on the 'Extend' in the projection settings, the one that will show up in my laptop screen is just the background wallpaper, while the one being projected is that which is should be on my...
  4. HDR on duplicate displays in Windows 10

HDR on duplicate displays in Windows 10: Hi. I've been trying for weeks now unsuccessfully to activate HDR on two monitors with duplicate display on Windows 10. Both monitors are HDR capable. If I select only one of the displays or extend the displays in Window's display settings, HDR is available, but as soon as I...
  5. Extended Display Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extended Display Settings: I was going through the display settings in my laptop to connect to a projector. After I selected 'Extend to all screens', I accidently selected 'keep changes' instead of 'revert'. Now, I'm not able to select the display settings options. I really could use some help...
  6. Extended display

Extended display: I use Win10's extended display to watch movies etc played on pc (shown on tv) but problem is that if I use full screen program which uses lower resolution than on desktop or reboot computer (normal or bsod reboots) or disable and enable extended display then stuff on desktop...
  7. Extended display missing

Extended display missing: Some how my extended display quit working. When I go to display setup click detect my Surface Pro 10 (Win 10 Pro) my HP 2711x Monitor does not show up, nor does anything else. I have tried all the usual suspects, reinserting cables into the docking station mini display ports...
  8. extended/multiple displays.

extended/multiple displays.: I bought two monitors for multiple displays, but in my display settings it doesn't give me the option to do so. It only says to connect to a wireless display which I do not have. I tried the windows + P trick but that didn't work. I even bought an hdmi splitter but all that...
  9. Mouse won't cross Extended Display edges

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Mouse won't cross Extended Display edges: Running Win 10 on an HP Laptop. (don't ask what system or internal bits it has - not a tech-head, me...) I used to have the monitor beside my laptop, display extended across the two screens. The only app 'buttons' in screen 2 (the separate monitor) was the Start icon. I...
  10. How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to stop automatic duplicate/extend displays: Hello all! I'm using my Windows 10 laptop with a secondary external monitor which i want to use as a display, without the laptop's built-in display. The problem is, despite i set to show the image only on the secondary (external) monitor, after each restart or after i close...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 dell e6530 extends but wont duplicate