Windows 10: Windows 10 will improve user privacy with DNS over HTTPS

Discus and support Windows 10 will improve user privacy with DNS over HTTPS in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Here in Windows Core Networking, we’re interested in keeping your traffic as private as possible, as well as fast and reliable. While there are many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Windows 10 will improve user privacy with DNS over HTTPS

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...S/ba-p/1014229

:)

Brink, Nov 19, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Windows 10 DNS leak

No, went with a different 3rd party suggestion. Works better. I'm reliant on others for my tech needs that way.

the54thvoid, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 will improve user privacy with DNS over HTTPS - Similar Threads - improve user privacy

2. DNS over HTTPS in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS over HTTPS in Windows 11: Hello,There are threes pictures. You can see picture 1 and picture 3, "Preferred DNS encryption" does not appear. That make my IPv4 and IPv6 was not encrypted.What should I do?...
  3. DNS over HTTPS in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS over HTTPS in Windows 11: Hello,There are threes pictures. You can see picture 1 and picture 3, "Preferred DNS encryption" does not appear. That make my IPv4 and IPv6 was not encrypted.What should I do?...
  4. DNS over HTTPS on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS over HTTPS on Windows 10: Now that Windows 11 is coming out with DNS over HTTPS support, does that mean Windows 10 will no longer have DoH support added as previously planned? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-over-https-on-windows-10/07099195-e558-445e-b242-4cc9a1d87156
  5. How to use the DNS over HTTPS privacy feature in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to use the DNS over HTTPS privacy feature in Windows 11: [ATTACH]DNS over HTTPS (DoH) is a privacy feature that was possible in Windows 10 using multiple methods but was never an option that allows any consumer to use this. This has changed in Windows 11. Windows Network Settings now allows consumers to switch to fully encrypted...
  6. Enabling DNS over https in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Enabling DNS over https in Edge: When I select edge://flags, it starts a search. Doesn't go into the options. 160905
  7. DNS over HTTPS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DNS over HTTPS?: I heard somewhere that Windows 10 had support for DNS over HTTPS, but I can't figure out how to change my DNS to anything other than standard DNS. If possible, how should I go about enabling DoH? submitted by /u/SniperEternal [link] [comments]...
  8. Firefox DNS over HTTPS rollout begins for US users

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox DNS over HTTPS rollout begins for US users: [ATTACH] Today, Firefox began the rollout of encrypted DNS over HTTPS (DoH) by default for US-based users. The rollout will continue over the next few weeks to confirm no major issues are discovered as this new protocol is enabled for Firefox’s US-based users....
  9. Microsoft will integrate DNS over HTTPS in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will integrate DNS over HTTPS in Windows 10: Microsoft revealed plans to integrate native support for DNS over HTTPS in the company's Windows 10 operating system in November 2019. The announcement was made on Microsoft's Networking blog on November 17, 2019. DNS over HTTPS is designed to improve privacy, security and...
  10. DNS over HTTPS with Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    DNS over HTTPS with Firefox: If you are tired of your DNS requests being looked at, or if you just want to encrypt all your Firefox DNS traffic: This works in all up to date and beta/nightly versions as of 67.0.4 With Firefox open, click on the [img] and then click Options. Scroll all the way down...