Windows 10: Windows 10 will no longer boot

Discus and support Windows 10 will no longer boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I ran into a problem with the M.2 ssd I was using to boot from. It seams that the unlicensed version of windows 10 pro I was using somehow got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RoastLobster698, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 will no longer boot

I ran into a problem with the M.2 ssd I was using to boot from. It seams that the unlicensed version of windows 10 pro I was using somehow got corrupted and can no longer boot from the drive. The ssd itself is fine I can still reed and write files to it but its not being recognized as a bootable device anymore. Is there a way to reinstall windows to it without having to delete all my personal files and apps?

:)

RoastLobster698, Apr 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 will no longer boot

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 will no longer boot

1. Windows 10 will no longer boot - Similar Threads - longer boot

2. My Cloned SSD is no longer booting.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Cloned SSD is no longer booting.: win10 pro ver 2004bld 19041.264 Holla Hombres, I've cloned and been using a Crucial 1T SSD for a few days. It replaces a 500G Seagate that was doing just fine but couldn't resist the upgrade. And yes it was awesome... for a while. I used Macrium to clone and it left half the...
  3. Had a recent update from windows my desktop will not boot up any longer

Had a recent update from windows my desktop will not boot up any longer: This actually happened on both my older desktops, but the oldest managed to back out as it was Windows 8. My windows 10 desktop runs into trouble on bootup and goes into self repair them stops at keyboard selection. When I try to pick any keyboard my keyboard doesn't work and...
  4. I'm stuck in a loop and can't get out! Windows will no longer boot after this. I just get a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm stuck in a loop and can't get out! Windows will no longer boot after this. I just get a...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HypeMalype [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/loe8mz/im_stuck_in_a_loop_and_cant_get_out_windows_will/
  5. Longer Boot Time after adding HDD, Is this normal?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Longer Boot Time after adding HDD, Is this normal?: I have noticed on my computer that the boot time takes much longer than normal. I bought a Dell Inspiron Laptop Link to amazon for specs that came with an SSD and no hard drive. The laptop was able to be partially upgraded with new components, I have since added more RAM,...
  6. Windows 10 pin no longer available no password now stool in repair boot loop ! Fresh...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 pin no longer available no password now stool in repair boot loop ! Fresh...: Fresh install windows 10 had a problem with my right button on my desktop then I rebooted and now I can not log in at all pin no longer available . Restarted holding shift key now stuck In boot loop upset is a understatement. Tried command prompt nothings working no start up...
  7. Windows takes much longer to boot suddenly and boots with no taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows takes much longer to boot suddenly and boots with no taskbar: New PC Suddenly booting windows slower and no taskbar for at least 2 minutes after boot So I just built a brand new pc with a Ryzen 3700x, 3060ti, 16gb of DDR4 ram and installed windows on a kingston a2000 nvme ssd. At first it would boot instantly. After about 2 weeks it...
  8. My Windows 10 laptop can no longer boot to Windows after attempting to update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows 10 laptop can no longer boot to Windows after attempting to update: I wanted to update to the latest build because a program I was required to run most likely require the latest 10 updates. I closed the lid to let it update overnight. Hours later I restart the system but was met with an error code with cyan background. I don't remember which...
  9. Updated to 20H2, PC no longer booting past loading screen

Updated to 20H2, PC no longer booting past loading screen: Pretty much what it says on the tin. A couple of months ago I noticed an update from Microsoft, so wanting to ensure that my system was up to date, I performed the 20H2 update. Then I got many an error where my pc would boot to the BIOS screen, then the windows logo would...
  10. When doing last update I can not longer boot. I get a stop code: inaccessible boot device

When doing last update I can not longer boot. I get a stop code: inaccessible boot device: I have tried many of the fixes and none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-doing-last-update-i-can-not-longer-boot-i-get/982e0a3c-6ab4-4a9a-8af6-0683ff5dcf4b