Windows 10: Windows 10 will not accept the sign-on PIN I have always used on my laptop! Help!

Discus and support Windows 10 will not accept the sign-on PIN I have always used on my laptop! Help! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows 10 will not accept the sign-on PIN I have always used with my laptop. I kept getting "The pin is incorrect. Try again.", so I thought I would... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DarrylHartung1, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 will not accept the sign-on PIN I have always used on my laptop! Help!

Windows 10 will not accept the sign-on PIN I have always used with my laptop. I kept getting "The pin is incorrect. Try again.", so I thought I would try switching to a password instead and went through the protocol to set up a password. When I try the password I just set up I get an error message, "That password is incorrect", so I tried a new password and then get the error message"Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device." Can anybody help me re-establish access?!

:)

DarrylHartung1, Jun 1, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Windows 10 will not accept the sign-on PIN I have always used on my laptop! Help!

Windows 10 won't accept my pin

While trying to get rid of an error code so I could do a system repair I followed directions to put my laptop into safe mode....got to the second step where you have to restart your laptop and when it restarted and brought me to sign in screen it won't
    accept my pin or Microsoft sign in.....I'm totally locked out of my laptop....any suggestions?

MaryannTorrelli, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 will not accept the sign-on PIN I have always used on my laptop! Help!

1. Windows 10 will not accept the sign-on PIN I have always used on my laptop! Help! - Similar Threads - accept sign PIN

2. When I sign into my computer, it doesn’t always accept my password. This is very...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When I sign into my computer, it doesn’t always accept my password. This is very...: when i sign into my computer it doesn’t always accept my password! Sometime i have to put it in numerous times.I have others sitting with me,tey it and same happens!! HELP!* Changed to a question...
  3. When i sign into my computer,it doesn’t always accept my password.This is very...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    When i sign into my computer,it doesn’t always accept my password.This is very...: when i sign into my computer it doesn’t always accept my password! Sometime i have to put it in numerous times.I have others sitting with me,tey it and same happens!! HELP!...
  4. Cant use my fingerprint or pin to sign into my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant use my fingerprint or pin to sign into my laptop: For some reason, suddenly everytime I open my laptop, it promps me to sign into my outlook account to unlock the computer. Before I would enter my pin or scan my fingerprint. I have tried resetting the computer. Why would I suddenly need to sign into my email to get into my...
  5. Cant use my fingerprint or pin to sign into my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant use my fingerprint or pin to sign into my laptop: For some reason, suddenly everytime I open my laptop, it promps me to sign into my outlook account to unlock the computer. Before I would enter my pin or scan my fingerprint. I have tried resetting the computer. Why would I suddenly need to sign into my email to get into my...
  6. I'm trying to sign in on my laptop I haven't used for ages but it is not accepting my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm trying to sign in on my laptop I haven't used for ages but it is not accepting my...: I haven't used my laptop for ages and now it won't let me sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-sign-in-on-my-laptop-i-havent-used/c6fde1ae-08b2-4e3a-93a1-d779a353e149
  7. I'm trying to sign in on my laptop I haven't used for ages but it is not accepting my...

I'm trying to sign in on my laptop I haven't used for ages but it is not accepting my...: I haven't used my laptop for ages and now it won't let me sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-trying-to-sign-in-on-my-laptop-i-havent-used/c6fde1ae-08b2-4e3a-93a1-d779a353e149
  8. I'm trying to sign in on my laptop I haven't used for ages but it is not accepting my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. I forgot my pin to sign into my laptop. Pls help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my pin to sign into my laptop. Pls help!: I forgot my pin to sign into my laptop Microsoft Surface 5. No other sign-in option available.I tried your method of getting into the Safe mode. Entered BitLocker Recovery Key also. But when entered into safe mode it only says ---> "Something happened and your PIN isn't...
  10. I forgot my pin to sign into my laptop. Pls help!

I forgot my pin to sign into my laptop. Pls help!: I forgot my pin to sign into my laptop Microsoft Surface 5. No other sign-in option available.I tried your method of getting into the Safe mode. Entered BitLocker Recovery Key also. But when entered into safe mode it only says ---> "Something happened and your PIN isn't...