Windows 10: Windows 10 will not activate after upgrade / clean install?

Discus and support Windows 10 will not activate after upgrade / clean install? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey Guys I upgraded from 8.1 (genuine Sony Vaio ) using the media creation upgrade option, it installed and activated to windows 10 pro. I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ancient, Jul 29, 2015.

1. ancient Win User

Windows 10 will not activate after upgrade / clean install?

Hey Guys

I upgraded from 8.1 (genuine Sony Vaio ) using the media creation upgrade option, it installed and activated to windows 10 pro.

I then used the same media creation tool to download the iso and used Rufus to put it onto a usb so that I could do a clean install.

I installed it and skipped the parts prompting for a product key, however once it loads up when I try to activate it states 0xC004C003 details section says the key has been blocked?

Have I missed something?

Any help appreciated.....thanks.

:)

ancient, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 pro will not activate after clean install

Sushma,

Your reply is the first that I have read in the past week that at least begins to get me down a familiar path in regards to activation. The execution of "slui.exe 4" at least got me to the phase to see my installation ID AND provide a telephone support
    number.

After being on the phone for 15 minutes, I was indeed able to have it validated that my Win7 Pro Product Key is valid, but the person on the phone could not activate with the installation ID. This prompted a transfer to another technician after a 1 and
    half hour wait.

Unfortunately this next "technician" offered no in depth support other than to offer "everything will be ok to activate, just give it a few days". This statement was then repeated at least an additional 5 times in the call. If it is second level support,
    I expected something a little more.

Well, I have already performed the clean install twice and waited several days, and Windows 10 is still not activated. Forgive me for not having too much faith in a few days...

Is there no other recourse to activate the installation? I was provided a case number to reference for when I call back in few days!

xKalessinx, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Windows 10 pro will not activate after clean install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Just a few questions first, to get a clear picture of the issue:

->Has this new product key been used in any other computer earlier?

This issue could be caused due to some corrupted system files or due to some incorrect settings. I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

a) Press Windows key + R, type “slui.exe 3” and press enter.

b) Enter the new product key and check if it works.

c) If you still get the same error, I would suggest you to again press Windows key +R.

d) Type “slui.exe 4” and press enter and then follow the prompts to activate the copy by phone.

I suggest you to follow the steps suggested in the below link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Let us know the status of the issue. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sushma Reddy, Jul 29, 2015
  4. cokest4r Win User

Activation server is dealing with some stuff. I have the same error, windows support told me to try again in 24-48 hours after they verified my product key would work.

cokest4r, Jul 29, 2015
  5. PAL
    pal Win User
    No. I just think their activation servers are very busy. I had the same problem. After many activation attempts, it finally went through.

6. Ztruker Win User
    I've tried to activate 5 or 6 times and each time I get the Try later message.

Ztruker, Jul 29, 2015
  7. ancient Win User
    Thanks for the info guys.... When I click on the activate windows link again, it doesn't go through the checking stage ie round whirling icon, it just brings up the same page,stating windows is not activated.
    Are you all getting the same?

Kind regards

ancient, Jul 29, 2015
  8. ChrisJH Win User

I upgrades two machines using the Download Windows Tool rather than Windows Update. One activated almost straight away, the other wouldn't activate at all. Called MS to try and get some help and when I was describing the problem to the agent it activated.

Looks like it is just stress on the activation servers.

ChrisJH, Jul 29, 2015
  9. sinfony Win User
    Yes, just give it time. I couldn't activate for a number of hours yesterday and was wondering if there was a problem with the upgrade but when I turned the PC back on later it showed it had activated.

sinfony, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Mine was doing that all yesterday afternoon/evening (uk time)

Tried it about an hour ago and it went through first time

paulsalter, Jul 29, 2015
  11. ancient Win User
    Thanks guys.... I will check again after work.
    Can you please confirm if you guys were recieving the same error code 0xC004C003 in the details section?

Thank you

ancient, Jul 29, 2015
  12. ChrisJH Win User
    Yes, exactly that.

ChrisJH, Jul 29, 2015
  13. ancient Win User

Thanks guys did eventually activate, but now have a new issue, I will create a new post.

ancient, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 will not activate after upgrade / clean install? - Similar Threads - activate upgrade clean

2. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  3. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation after clean install: Hi, i've just done a clean install of Windows 10, and im using the old key that i had but now it's giving me error code 0x803f7001. According to the FAQ it means that the key doesnt exist but that's weird because it did activate before? Not sure how i can solve this....
  4. Windows 10 Activation after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clean install after upgrade Windows NOT activating

Clean install after upgrade Windows NOT activating: Did a clean install after a Windows 10 Pro upgrade, from a disk created from an ISO from media creator...all went ok, but says Windows not activated....just telling me to go to the store and buy a licence or enter a new key.... It was activated before I did the clean...
  6. Clean install after upgrade and now not activated: troubleshooting

Clean install after upgrade and now not activated: troubleshooting: Some months ago I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 pro. I recently did a clean install, spent hrs setting up the system the way I wanted and then received a prompt about activation. After this I did another clean install of Windows 10 Pro N with the same result. No...
  7. Windows 10 clean install not activated (Hardware upgraded)

Windows 10 clean install not activated (Hardware upgraded): So a few months back I upgraded for free from win7 to win10 Pro. Today I got a new CPU, RAM, MBO (also currently using the new MBO onboard GPU, waiting for my new one) and did a clean install of Win10 (from USB created with MediaCreationToolkit). Now I remember reading...
  8. Windows not activated after clean install

Windows not activated after clean install: Hello, I upgraded my Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the windows updater. After windows 10 was installed, I decided to download this Windows 10 and chose the USB option. I booted into my USB and when selecting the partition, I deleted every partition that was there (even the...
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade + Clean install Activates then Deactivates

Windows 10 Upgrade + Clean install Activates then Deactivates: Ye old Error code: 0xC004C003 I made sure 8.1 Pro to the upgrade to 10 Pro was activated before I did a clean install. This last month the system has been acting weird. Once in windows its fine, but I was getting startup errors that made windows restart while starting...
  10. Clean Install after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install after upgrade: I got a legit copy of windows 7 and i did the update to windows 10, but my PC seems slow and it seems like there is a lot of junk and left over files... idk, i want to do a clean install, but i dont want to loose my genuine copy of windows. also, i have about 1tb of games...