Windows 10: Windows 10 Will Not Activate; I've tried just about everything!

Discus and support Windows 10 Will Not Activate; I've tried just about everything! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a Dell Laptop used from my brother. He assures me there was no hardware change and Windows came preinstalled on the device. Besides normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 'Hayls', Jan 30, 2020.

1. 'Hayls' Win User

Windows 10 Will Not Activate; I've tried just about everything!

I bought a Dell Laptop used from my brother. He assures me there was no hardware change and Windows came preinstalled on the device. Besides normal updates he can't recall downloading any windows.

I've had it over a year then suddenly it says it's no longer activated. It won't let me personalize my computer or other settings. Recently it's started crashing frequently and I even witnessed my first 'Black Screen of Death'.

Using the troubleshoot tool it originally displayed an error code stating that "Windows can't activate because there is a digital license for Windows Home but this computer is running Windows Pro". So I was then directed to install Windows Home. After doing so the computer still wouldn't activate, now displaying an error code saying "Can't be activated because previous installation of windows wasn't activated.

I've tried factory resetting my laptop. I've tried using the command prompt to force an activation; I used command prompt to discover the activation key in the computer but when I typed it in it wouldn't work. I've tried finding other activation keys online and following any advice I could find. Factory resetting my laptop did help the system run faster and it no longer crashed but I'd still like it to be activated.

I need this computer for my school work and I can't afford another one... Can someone please help me?

:)

'Hayls', Jan 30, 2020
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 30, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Will Not Activate; I've tried just about everything! - Similar Threads - Activate I've tried

2. Windows 10 wont install. 0x80300024. I've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 wont install. 0x80300024. I've tried everything.: HELP!I'm in a bit of a panic at the moment. Some context: I was running windows update on my PC and the updates kept failing to install. So I attempted to update my drivers which went okay. Then I tried updates again and I got a BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED yes I did check they...
  3. No internet, I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet, I've tried everything: (Toshiba satellite c55t-c) yesterday I was updating to version 2009, got to 2004 all was fine, then 2009. No internet on wifi or ethernet. Other devices work fine so it's not my router. I reverted back to 2004 but I still have no internet. I've gone into cmd and tried every...
  4. I've tried everything I can

in Windows 10 Customization
    I've tried everything I can: I have looked on multiple threads trying to fix this but they don't work. There is a search bar at the top of my screen and it isn't part of a 3rd party software I've searched for it already. and I don't know what to do. Please help it is driving me insane.[ATTACH]...
  5. Games consistently crashing (after trying just about everything)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games consistently crashing (after trying just about everything): Need help fixing my pc that has a big crashing problem. I have tried absolutely everything, including, doing a complete wipe of my pc using windows media creation tool, updated and reinstalled drivers, gotten a new GPU, checked all cables, lowered game video settings ect. and...
  6. Windows will not go to sleep I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows will not go to sleep I've tried everything: Headline: my windows 10 PC will not automatically go to sleep based on the sleep timers for either "Screen" or "Sleep." It will try screen goes black for a second but then goes bask to my desktop. If I manually click the start icon and go to power/sleep, the computer will...
  7. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING: A few weeks ago I installed the Avira antivirus, seeing that it did not work I uninstalled it. After this I could not make the Windows Defender work again (it is clear that prior to installing Avira, the WD worked perfectly). Although I try to restart the service (since every...
  8. Having Some Issues, I've Tried Everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having Some Issues, I've Tried Everything: Last month, I was having driver issues. I uninstalled and reinstalled the correct audio driver and everything was fine. But the next day, I got on and my mic wasn't being picked up nor any audio for that matter if I recall. So I uninstalled the audio driver once again and...
  9. Removing the BLUE outline on just about everything in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing the BLUE outline on just about everything in Windows 10: Is there ANY way to remove the stupid blue highlight around just about every box in Windows 10 anersary edition. Searchwindows, saves etc. Everything highlighted blue around it. Narroator is off ofc, and I read that only removes it in previous windows. It does not work in...
  10. Can't activate Windows 10. Tried everything.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 10. Tried everything.: I just don't know what to do at this point. Won't activate from the "Get Windows 10" program. Won't activate from the MediaCreationTool. It fully downloads and then restarts, but restarts to Windows 8.1 Endless failed updates, Tons of useless downloads in my...