Windows 10: Windows 10 will not Activate on Parallels VM

Discus and support Windows 10 will not Activate on Parallels VM in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello I have been running Windows 10 on my Mac using Parallels VM for about four years. I previously bought a full copy of Windows 7 and took the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PaulW922, Nov 3, 2019.

1. PaulW922 Win User

Windows 10 will not Activate on Parallels VM

Hello

I have been running Windows 10 on my Mac using Parallels VM for about four years. I previously bought a full copy of Windows 7 and took the free upgrade to 10 when available.

Yesterday the system upgrade on Windows 10 did not go on properly and I was unable to start up Windows in wither the VM or directly by booting from the bootcamp partition. Eventually the trouble-shooter advised me to perform a full reinstallation, which I did. The problem is that I cannot now activate Windows. I have a valid digital licence linked to my Microsoft account but this does not help.

I have just spent nearly two hours on the phone to Microsoft support who were, frankly, utterly useless and at one point even accused me of running a dodgy copy of the OS - if that were true must have been supplied from Microsoft! All I got time after time was buy a new version and also that I should be grateful that I had a free upgrade for the time I did.

Can anyone suggest a way of reactivating my installation? I have a valid digital licence for Windows 10 on my Microsoft account and I cannot understand why it is so difficult to use it or indeed, why MS support were unable to grasp the issue

:)

PaulW922, Nov 3, 2019

2. Windows 8.1 activation key on Windows 10 Parallels VM

Hi,

I have a Windows 8.1 (box version) OS. I was able to successfully use activation key from that box to activate Windows 10 on one of my desktop machines. But then, I've decided to drop my Windows 10 from desktop, and install it as Parallels VM under macOS
    High Sierra. However, I guess that the previous desktop installation is still active (though uninstalled already from disk), and therefore, prevents me from VM activation now.

Is it possible to somehow "reset" all previous activations for a specific activation key, and activate my VM? Or do I need to buy a new key?

Thank you,

Ilia Z.

Ilia Zaitsev, Nov 3, 2019
  3. AMac1234 Win User
    Unable to activate Windows 10 in parallels

I transferred a valid and activated copy of windows 10 (free upgrade from Windows 7) to Parallels on my Mac. The copy in Parallels though says it is not activated. How do I activate this VM?

The original windows computer is now switched off and not used, but is a windows 7 virtual machine in Parallels on this Mac.

AMac1234, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 will not Activate on Parallels VM

Macbook Parallels desktop VM & Bootcamp Windows 10 activation problem

You need to purchase an additional license. The installation on the boot camp partition and the Parallels VM are two separate machines. This has always been the policy.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 will not Activate on Parallels VM

1. Windows 10 will not Activate on Parallels VM - Similar Threads - Activate Parallels

2. How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?: I just bought a license for Microsoft Win Home 11 64-bit All Lng PK Lic Online DwnLd NR KW9-00664, and was given a 25-character key. However, when I use that key to activate Windows 11 ARM in the Parallels virtual machine on Macbook Air M2, it get an error: The product key...
  3. How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to activate Windows 11 ARM in Parallels virtual machine, Macbook Air M2?: I just bought a license for Microsoft Win Home 11 64-bit All Lng PK Lic Online DwnLd NR KW9-00664, and was given a 25-character key. However, when I use that key to activate Windows 11 ARM in the Parallels virtual machine on Macbook Air M2, it get an error: The product key...
  4. Parallels Windows re-activation in my McBook proM1 pro 2021 laptop after replacing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parallels Windows re-activation in my McBook proM1 pro 2021 laptop after replacing...: I have activated Parallels Windows in my McBook proM1 pro 2021 laptop, with activation key I obtained after purchasing Windows Home edition. But now my laptop has hardware issue and its motherboard has to be replaced and be activated with new MAC OS. So I want to know if I...
  5. Parallels Windows re-activation in my McBook proM1 pro 2021 laptop after replacing...

Parallels Windows re-activation in my McBook proM1 pro 2021 laptop after replacing...: I have activated Parallels Windows in my McBook proM1 pro 2021 laptop, with activation key I obtained after purchasing Windows Home edition. But now my laptop has hardware issue and its motherboard has to be replaced and be activated with new MAC OS. So I want to know if I...
  6. OEM Windows 10 activation key won’t activate on rebuilt Parallels Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM Windows 10 activation key won’t activate on rebuilt Parallels Virtual Machine: I am running a virtual PC on my Mac Mini using Parallels. I purchased a WIndows 10 Pro OEM activation key which has worked perfectly for over a year. The virtual machine crashed and I needed to rebuild it. I now can’t active the same key that I have been using up to now. I...
  7. OEM Windows 10 activation key won’t activate on rebuilt Parallels Virtual Machine

OEM Windows 10 activation key won’t activate on rebuilt Parallels Virtual Machine: I am running a virtual PC on my Mac Mini using Parallels. I purchased a WIndows 10 Pro OEM activation key which has worked perfectly for over a year. The virtual machine crashed and I needed to rebuild it. I now can’t active the same key that I have been using up to now. I...
  8. OEM Windows 10 activation key won’t activate on rebuilt Parallels Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  9. How to activate Windows 11 on Parallels on a new M@ Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate Windows 11 on Parallels on a new M@ Mac: I am currently running Windows 11 on an Intel Mac using Parallels. I have a digital licence since I installed Windows 10 using activation keys from Windows 8.1. I now wish to migrate my Parallels licence to my new M2 Mac Mini, and transfer my virtual Windows 11 machine to the...
  10. How to activate Windows 11 on Parallels on a new M@ Mac

How to activate Windows 11 on Parallels on a new M@ Mac: I am currently running Windows 11 on an Intel Mac using Parallels. I have a digital licence since I installed Windows 10 using activation keys from Windows 8.1. I now wish to migrate my Parallels licence to my new M2 Mac Mini, and transfer my virtual Windows 11 machine to the...