Windows 10: Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device with bluetooth connection, the option is...

Discus and support Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device with bluetooth connection, the option is... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device to connect with bluetooth. the option is "greyed out". How can i change tis setting so i can connect my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardLister1, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device with bluetooth connection, the option is...

Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device to connect with bluetooth. the option is "greyed out". How can i change tis setting so i can connect my smart watch to my laptop ? Any one help me ???

:)

RichardLister1, Dec 28, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 28, 2021
  3. MisterEd Win User
    tp-link bluetooth allow a device to connect greyed out

Have you tried to connect to a Bluetooth device? Here is an example connecting to Arctis 3 Bluetooth headset
    Start pairing mode on headset by holding down power button until green light flashes rapidly. Note every device is different.

In Bluetooth settings click on Add Bluetooth or other device

Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device with bluetooth connection, the option is... [​IMG]

Click on Bluetooth

Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device with bluetooth connection, the option is... [​IMG]

Wait for headset to appear in list
    When it does click on Bluetooth headset

Arctis 3 Bluetooth headset is connected and ready to use

It is now in list of Audio devices with status Connected voice. music

When Arctis 3 Bluetooth is turned off status is Paired.
    Next time headset is turned on it will automatically connect

MisterEd, Dec 28, 2021
  4. Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device with bluetooth connection, the option is...

Bluetooth settings missing options "Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer"

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Bluetooth drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Bluetooth drivers:

1. Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.

2. Right-click on the Bluetooth device listed and click on
    ‘Uninstall’

3. Select the option to delete driver software.

4. Restart the computer after its uninstalled.

Try to access the computer manufacturer's website, then download and install the latest Bluetooth drivers.

If the issue persist please perform method 2 and check.

Method 2:

Please refer to the link below and check whether the issue gets resolved.

Pair a Bluetooth device in Windows

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Dec 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device with bluetooth connection, the option is...

1. Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device with bluetooth connection, the option is... - Similar Threads - allow add device

2. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not allowing as an audio device: I've tried connecting my headphones via bluetooth several times now. They connect, they show up as headphones, the computer recognizes them as an audio device. However, it will not allow me to play sound out of them. I went to the device under all audio devices, clicked...
  3. Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device with bluetooth connection, the option is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device with bluetooth connection, the option is...: Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device to connect with bluetooth. the option is "greyed out". How can i change tis setting so i can connect my smart watch to my laptop ? Any one help me ???...
  4. Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device with bluetooth connection, the option is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device with bluetooth connection, the option is...: Windows 10 will not allow me to add a device to connect with bluetooth. the option is "greyed out". How can i change tis setting so i can connect my smart watch to my laptop ? Any one help me ???...
  5. Unable to add or connect to Bluetooth devices

Unable to add or connect to Bluetooth devices: Hi all,I have run into the following issue. I was attempting to connect a newly purchased Xbox controller to my laptop via Bluetooth, I got an error message that said something like "couldn't connect, please try again" after I clicked on the controller in the list of...
  6. Unable to add or connect to Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add or connect to Bluetooth devices: Hi all,I have run into the following issue. I was attempting to connect a newly purchased Xbox controller to my laptop via Bluetooth, I got an error message that said something like "couldn't connect, please try again" after I clicked on the controller in the list of...
  7. Unable to add or connect to Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. "Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box to allow add device

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box to allow add device: W10 Pro, version 2004 19041.572 When I click on the add a bluetooth or other device button, nothing shows up, there was another thread with the same question I have, but nothing was helpful there, the advisors just repeated how to fix issues where bluetooth cant connect with...
  9. Bluetooth : allow device to connect greyed out

Bluetooth : allow device to connect greyed out: Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as...
  10. Bluetooth : "allow device to connect" greyed out

Bluetooth : "allow device to connect" greyed out: Win10 on Dell Inspiron Desktop PC I want to play music from my Samsung Galaxy S6 through the bluetooth speaker system on my PC. After successfully pairing the phone, I discover that it is not connected. The bluetooth speakers are connected, but the phone only shows as...