Windows 10: Windows 10 Will Not Allow Me To Change DVD Region

Discus and support Windows 10 Will Not Allow Me To Change DVD Region in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Wow, another problem! I was given a Region 2 BluRay disc as a gift, watched the movie but now when I try to change it back to watch regular Region 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Texas-Raider, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Will Not Allow Me To Change DVD Region

Wow, another problem! I was given a Region 2 BluRay disc as a gift, watched the movie but now when I try to change it back to watch regular Region 1 Blurays, it won't let me. I have a Dell XPS running Windows 10.

At the bottom of this post is a pic of the error I get.

I"ve gone through device manager, I've updated the Dell driver, I've tried it with a disc in and a disc out, Googled for hours and nothing helps.

Is there anyway to reset this?

Windows 10 Will Not Allow Me To Change DVD Region 0de638b5-5195-463f-8fee-dab8e1a05661?upload=true.png

:)

Texas-Raider, Oct 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 will not allow any region changes to the DVD driver

Hi Dig,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if region settings is done correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the region settings from region 2 to region 4 ( Australian).

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the DVD drive for which you want to change region settings and then click
    Properties.

4. On the DVD Region tab.

5. Under list of regions, scroll down the mouse to search for Australia from the list and click on it.

6. Then region 4 will be listed below, then click on Ok button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with DVD region settings, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 will not allow any region changes to the DVD driver

Hi Dig,

Thank you for your reply with the current update on the issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the DVD driver in compatibility mode. After reinstalling, try to change the DVD region and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the DVD/CD driver as provided in the previous post.

Step 2: I recommend you to download the DCD/CD driver from the computer manufacturer's website and then try to install the driver in compatibility mode.

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’'.

2. Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the
    computer and check if the issue persists.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with DVD region settings, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

4. Windows 10 Will Not Allow Me To Change DVD Region

Windows 10 will not allow any region changes to the DVD driver

Hi Dig,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to insert DVDs in the DVD drive while making the changes in the DVD Region settings?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below to run hardware troubleshooter and also try to update the DVD/CD driver.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I would suggest you to update the latest driver for DVD/ CD driver in the Device Manager and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the DVD drive for which you want to change region settings and then click
    Properties.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update Driver
    Software.

Thank you.

Thema:

Windows 10 Will Not Allow Me To Change DVD Region

1. Windows 10 Will Not Allow Me To Change DVD Region - Similar Threads - Allow Change DVD

2. I can’t change the region on my DVD driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can’t change the region on my DVD driver: I have 1 attempt left to change the region on my driver, and I have done so before with no trouble at all. I want to change it from region 1 to region 2, but the error "Unable to update region setting: The drive reports that it requires media of the destination region region...
  3. error change region in DVD/CD-ROM driver

error change region in DVD/CD-ROM driver: I have the problem of changing region in DVD driver, like pick shows. I could read tha same CDs before last update of Windows which was 10 days defore. Any help, I need the audio of CDs. [ATTACH]...
  4. External CD/DVD region change error

External CD/DVD region change error: Hello, I am having a problem with a new external CD/DVD player I just bought. It came set for Region 2 but I need it to be set for Region 1. I have attempted to change it in Device Manager, and I get the following error: "Please make sure the drive contains a region 1...
  5. Change region of laptop dvd player

Change region of laptop dvd player: The dvd player of my laptop works fine for dvds in U.S, but I understand you can change the format of this player for a European - zone 2 format. How do you change to that format? 136313
  6. DVD Regions

DVD Regions: So I can only change the DVD region setting 3 times ?? How can that still be? Is there a way around this restriction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-regions/e47ab9aa-5388-4349-b5ac-f6606cc5beb0
  7. DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD region on media player with DVD driver and windows DVD player: Can I change the region for DVD player in windows media player if I have DVD drive with windows dvd player installed? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-region-on-media-player-with-dvd-driver-and/cd23d83c-3505-402a-86bb-4eaf15c8f3cd
  8. DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation

DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation: Hello, Under the properties of my dvd player PLDS DVD-RW DH16AESH I reside in the US and currently there is no region selected. Under properties > Region there are a couple of paragraphs with information that some dvd's require the dvd player to be set for a specific...
  9. DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation

in Windows 10 Support
    DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation: Hello, Under the properties of my dvd player PLDS DVD-RW DH16AESH I reside in the US and currently there is no region selected. Under properties > Region there are a couple of paragraphs with information that some dvd's require the dvd player to be set for a specific...
  10. DVD player settings - region selection & # of changes limitation

in Windows 10 Support