Windows 10: Windows 10 will not allow me to install an old version of CCleaner. Keeps telling me it...

Discus and support Windows 10 will not allow me to install an old version of CCleaner. Keeps telling me it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to wipe free space on my external drive with CCleaner and it incorrectly labels it an SSD and blocks the wipe. So I googled the issue and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Flip86, Mar 20, 2020.

1. /u/Flip86 Win User

Windows 10 will not allow me to install an old version of CCleaner. Keeps telling me it...

I'm trying to wipe free space on my external drive with CCleaner and it incorrectly labels it an SSD and blocks the wipe. So I googled the issue and it was suggested to install an earlier version of CCleaner. I downloaded the earlier version and no luck. Windows blocks it. Is there a way to bypass the block? I have tried to run in compatibility mode for Win 8, Win 7, Win vista and Win xp. No luck.

submitted by /u/Flip86
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Flip86, Mar 20, 2020
  2. OldMike65 Win User

Latest CCleaner Version Released

@Brink

New Update for CCleaner

Windows 10 will not allow me to install an old version of CCleaner. Keeps telling me it... [​IMG]

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 CCleaner v5.40

Windows 10 will not allow me to install an old version of CCleaner. Keeps telling me it... cc4_128.png

The Piriform team would like to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
    This update adds more cleaning for Edge and a screen where you can review your subscription status. Additionally, the Avast offer in the CCleaner installer is no longer shown if you have previously declined it.
    If you have suggestions for what you'd like to see next in CCleaner, please drop by our forums and let us know in our suggestions area.
    Browser Cleaning

• Edge: Added new 'Set aside tabs' cleaning rule
    Windows Cleaning

• Added warning for 'Old prefetch data' cleaning rule
    General

• Minor user interface improvements
    • Minor bug fixes

OldMike65, Mar 20, 2020
  3. kado897 Win User
    Latest CCleaner Version Released

Thanks Mike.

kado897, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Windows 10 will not allow me to install an old version of CCleaner. Keeps telling me it...

CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 will not allow me to install an old version of CCleaner. Keeps telling me it...

1. Windows 10 will not allow me to install an old version of CCleaner. Keeps telling me it... - Similar Threads - allow install old

2. Keep telling me the password is wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep telling me the password is wrong: In the Command prompt it to access the windows advance settings, it keep asking me for my Microsoft account password and everytime i entering it shows " The password is incorrect ". Even tho i just used the same password to login here. And i tried changing the password but...
  3. Keep telling me the password is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep telling me the password is wrong: In the Command prompt it to access the windows advance settings, it keep asking me for my Microsoft account password and everytime i entering it shows " The password is incorrect ". Even tho i just used the same password to login here. And i tried changing the password but...
  4. Windows Update keeps telling me to install updates that are already installed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update keeps telling me to install updates that are already installed.: Hello,I recently got a new computer, and it installed all updates normally. Now, for some reason, it keeps showing 18 driver updates that on install give error 0x80070103.I searched and found out this means the update is already installed. I go check installed updates and all...
  5. Windows Update keeps telling me to install updates that are already installed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update keeps telling me to install updates that are already installed.: Hello,I recently got a new computer, and it installed all updates normally. Now, for some reason, it keeps showing 18 driver updates that on install give error 0x80070103.I searched and found out this means the update is already installed. I go check installed updates and all...
  6. Windows 10 not allowing me to install software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not allowing me to install software: Windows 10 started showing this message after upgrading last week Oct 25th, 2020 It's time to update your device To continue receiving app recommendations, update now. Still want to install apps from outside Microsoft Store? See how How can I circumvent this issue?...
  7. Old hdd is not allowing me to boot

Old hdd is not allowing me to boot: Hi So my computer was starting to get full and I remember that I had 1tb drive in an old pc that no one was using. So I try to plug it in but each time I get to my motherboard boot screen and click del nothing happens. Now idk how to continue.I just want to format that...
  8. Minecraft windows 10 edition keeps telling me to buy full version

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft windows 10 edition keeps telling me to buy full version: Hello, I have recently downloaded Minecraft to my pc via Microsoft store but kept running into issues. currently it keeps telling me to buy the full version when the title screen pops up. also sometimes Runtime Broker.exe error keeps popping up rendering my game to...
  9. my system will not allow me to use "Word". It keeps telling me that something is wrong and...

my system will not allow me to use "Word". It keeps telling me that something is wrong and...: I'm trying to write a letter on Word but it is saying: (Word has run into a problem and needs to fix it.) It asked if I wanted to fix it now and I said yes. So now what?...
  10. Windows 10 tells me that "My adminstrator" wont allow me to open apps.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 tells me that "My adminstrator" wont allow me to open apps.: Im trying to open the app "Task manager", but windows keeps telling me that my "administrator" wont allow me to. Here is the exact message that Windows tells me: "Task manager has been disabled by your administrator" Plese help, i really need this app to work. 33232