Windows 10: Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in

Discus and support Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It's installed on Parallels and does not accept any input, says I've tried too many times. I just logged on, no tries. I don't need this, private... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlanWoodSO, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in

It's installed on Parallels and does not accept any input, says I've tried too many times. I just logged on, no tries.

I don't need this, private computer that no one but me has access too, nothing on the computer anyway.

How do I gain access? How do I set it so that it doesn't require this sign-in?

:)

AlanWoodSO, Jul 24, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in

Windows 10 won't allow me to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message when you try to Switch to Microsoft account?

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I Suggest you to start the "Microsoft account sign in assistant" service and check if it helps. If its already started then stop it and restart the service.To do so,follow the steps below:

• Type services in the search bar.
    • Select Microsoft account sign in assistant service.
    • Right click on Microsoft account sign in assistant
      and click stop to stop the service.
    • Right click on Microsoft account sign in assistant
      again and click restart to start the service.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a local admin account and then switch to microsoft account and check if it helps:

Please follow the link below:

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Follow the steps below to convert a local account to Microsoft Account:

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Tap or click Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the on screen instructions.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in

1. Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in - Similar Threads - allow sign

2. Windows 10 Setup not allowing me to sign in with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Setup not allowing me to sign in with Microsoft Account: I am trying to set up Windows 10 on my new SSD with help on the Media Creation Tool, I had actually done that before but it was not letting me sign in to my Microsoft Account, and it did not let me sign in at all when I had installed it in the first time. It used to open up...
  3. Safe Mode with Networking not allowing me to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode with Networking not allowing me to sign in: When I try to use Safe Mode with Networking, it does not let me sign in to my computer. I put in the correct pin that I have always used, and it tells me that it is an incorrect pin. I need to use Safe Mode to remove a virus and I'm not able to do it. Does anybody know why...
  4. Accidentally signed in with my dad's work account on my pc and clicked yes on "allow this...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally signed in with my dad's work account on my pc and clicked yes on "allow this...: i accidentally signed in with my dad's work account on my pc and clicked yes on "allow this organization to manage this computer", and now i can't find a way back. i've been looking around and haven't found any setting to move back, i tried with the credential manager and...
  5. I have 2 programs that won't allow user to run without an admin signing in

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have 2 programs that won't allow user to run without an admin signing in: I have turned off the security in windows 10 to allow the user to use apps without admin permission and 2 developed in house still ask for an admin username and password. I have given authenticated users full access to the program folders for these programs, told the...
  6. family account not allowing sign in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family account not allowing sign in.: why is the child account locked out and it shows as fine in the main account? What are we doing wrong????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-account-not-allowing-sign-in/33781147-2e11-40f5-aaf4-d78dbd60aebe
  7. Sign on not allowed w pin nor does my password work on my Asus PC. I have tried going into...

Sign on not allowed w pin nor does my password work on my Asus PC. I have tried going into...: When my PC started, my Hello said it needed a pin to open. It doesn’t recognize my pin nor password. I am on locked screen. I went into my MS account on my phone & reset password. Still not able to get in. My account shows my PC but is not syncing with it. This all is...
  8. Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin...

Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin...: Sorry for the large pictures, I can't shrink the them in this format. So I woke up this morning sleepily and fumbled with my keyboard as I tried to sign in with my finger print scanner. As I did that I was told that my organization is forcing me to change my password. I...
  9. not allowing me to sign into my one drive on office doccuments

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not allowing me to sign into my one drive on office doccuments: im not being allowed to sign into my university account on my laptop, it is saying I am having a warm error, it will not allow me to sign into my one drive either? on office apps....
  10. Powershell Scripts in the Windows 10 OS and script execution policy of "Allow only Signed...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powershell Scripts in the Windows 10 OS and script execution policy of "Allow only Signed...: We have the group policy " Turn on Script execution" enabled and set to "Allow only Signed scripts". Will this affect the powershell scripts used in the Windows 10 operating System or does windows have something inbuilt that overrides the settings we apply. I'm thinking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not allowing signin