Windows 10: Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in

Discus and support Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It's installed on Parallels and does not accept any input, says I've tried too many times. I just logged on, no tries. I don't need this, private... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlanWoodSO, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in

It's installed on Parallels and does not accept any input, says I've tried too many times. I just logged on, no tries.

I don't need this, private computer that no one but me has access too, nothing on the computer anyway.

How do I gain access? How do I set it so that it doesn't require this sign-in?

:)

AlanWoodSO, Jul 24, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jul 24, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 24, 2018
  4. Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in

Windows 10 won't allow me to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before we proceed, I would like you to answer the following question:

• Do you receive any error message when you try to Switch to Microsoft account?

I suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1

I Suggest you to start the "Microsoft account sign in assistant" service and check if it helps. If its already started then stop it and restart the service.To do so,follow the steps below:

• Type services in the search bar.
    • Select Microsoft account sign in assistant service.
    • Right click on Microsoft account sign in assistant
      and click stop to stop the service.
    • Right click on Microsoft account sign in assistant
      again and click restart to start the service.

Method 2

I suggest you to create a local admin account and then switch to microsoft account and check if it helps:

Please follow the link below:

Create a local user account in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-my/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Follow the steps below to convert a local account to Microsoft Account:

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Tap or click Switch to a Microsoft account and follow the on screen instructions.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in

1. Windows 10 will not allow me to sign in - Similar Threads - allow sign

2. How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.: I'm looking for a way to restrict a child's ability to bypass their account restrictions by adding a new account to a windows device. Any advice?...
  3. How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.: I'm looking for a way to restrict a child's ability to bypass their account restrictions by adding a new account to a windows device. Any advice?...
  4. How to limit the number User Account allowed to be added to a Windows device sign-in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. when i try to play the game "sea of thieves" it only allows me to try to sign into an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i try to play the game "sea of thieves" it only allows me to try to sign into an...: when i try to play the game "sea of thieves" it only allows me to try to sign into an account i dont control and wont allow me to sign in with a different account...
  6. when i try to play the game "sea of thieves" it only allows me to try to sign into an...

when i try to play the game "sea of thieves" it only allows me to try to sign into an...: when i try to play the game "sea of thieves" it only allows me to try to sign into an account i dont control and wont allow me to sign in with a different account...
  7. For improved security, only allow windows Hello sign-in for microsoft accounts on this device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For improved security, only allow windows Hello sign-in for microsoft accounts on this device: The “For improved security, only allow windows Hello sign-in for microsoft accounts on this device” is greyed and i can’t disable it. I want to disable it but i can’t. Please help....
  8. For improved security, only allow windows Hello sign-in for microsoft accounts on this device

For improved security, only allow windows Hello sign-in for microsoft accounts on this device: The “For improved security, only allow windows Hello sign-in for microsoft accounts on this device” is greyed and i can’t disable it. I want to disable it but i can’t. Please help....
  9. Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN: Hi All,Having a weird experience every time my computer sleeps.Every time my computer sleeps I do not have the option to submit a PIN or my fingerprint like I did previously. It now just displays "Sign In" and after pressing, the screen blacks out, then says "Just a...
  10. Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN

Windows requiring me to sign into my Microsoft account every time it sleeps will not allow PIN: Hi All,Having a weird experience every time my computer sleeps.Every time my computer sleeps I do not have the option to submit a PIN or my fingerprint like I did previously. It now just displays "Sign In" and after pressing, the screen blacks out, then says "Just a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 not allowing signin