Windows 10: Windows 10 will not awake from sleep using mouse or keyboard

Discus and support Windows 10 will not awake from sleep using mouse or keyboard in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently purchase an HP all in one with windows 10 installed. I also purchased and installed MS Office. I cannot get the machine to wake up with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DaleDarin, Jul 14, 2020.

1. DaleDarin Win User

Windows 10 will not awake from sleep using mouse or keyboard

I recently purchase an HP all in one with windows 10 installed. I also purchased and installed MS Office. I cannot get the machine to wake up with a mouse or keyboard. I made sure that windows 10 is up to date. I have done all of the things suggested on the web, device /pwr mgmt. disabled for both mouse and keyboard. Do not allow the hard drive to sleep. changed something in the tree but cant remember what. Have moved the mouse to all four USB ports. Have reinstalled the mouse driver. I am not sure what else I can do.

:)

DaleDarin, Jul 14, 2020

2. Waking computer from Sleep in Windows 10 when I use a wireless mouse and keyboard

how do I adjust Windows 10 Settings to ensure that my PC awakes from Sleep when I use a wireless mouse and keyboard ?

scottlevinson1, Jul 14, 2020
  3. sammy Win User
    Not able to awake PC from Keyboard but can push it to Sleep Mode from Keyboard Special Key

Hi Guys,

I have Logitech MK270 with some Special Keys one of which is PC Sleep Button as shown below, by pressing that Button I can push PC to Sleep Mode but I am not able to awake my PC by pressing any Keyboard button or Mouse clicks, Why so? so to bring PC to working mode from sleep I will have to click start button.

Windows 10 will not awake from sleep using mouse or keyboard logitech-k270-m705-jpg.jpg

However I can bring back my PC to working state if I click any keyboard button just after I pressed the sleep button after 10 to 15 seconds but not able to do it after 15 minutes of Sleep Mode.

Please advice.

Thanks.

sammy, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 will not awake from sleep using mouse or keyboard

awake from sleep mode

Hey folk; Just a quick question here about awaking laptop from sleep with lid closed. I am attached to a separate screen and keep laptop closed at all times. Have tried turning on (HID-compliant devices) from human interface. No joy. This is a new Alienware
    17 r4 with windows 10. I want my remote keyboard and or mouse to wake the unit from sleep. HELP?

mystrymachine66, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 will not awake from sleep using mouse or keyboard

1. Windows 10 will not awake from sleep using mouse or keyboard - Similar Threads - awake sleep using

2. Sleep to "kinda awake."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep to "kinda awake.": I have a brand new less than 1 week old MSI PRO DP21 13M-497US Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-13400 running Windows 11 22H2. When it goes to sleep and I try to wake it via mouse, keyboard or power button I get a signal from them monitor, a beep that something connected, a...
  3. Sleep to "kinda awake."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep to "kinda awake.": I have a brand new less than 1 week old MSI PRO DP21 13M-497US Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-13400 running Windows 11 22H2. When it goes to sleep and I try to wake it via mouse, keyboard or power button I get a signal from them monitor, a beep that something connected, a...
  4. awake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    awake from sleep: I am all set thank goodness. I used command prompt to find what was waking my desktop.. Why ae there so many places where one can check or uncheck awaking the desktop from sleep. There are places in device manager, and places in power management along with others. When the pc...
  5. Awake from sleep gets distorted display -

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Awake from sleep gets distorted display -: I have a lenovo T470p dual boot Win10 v2004 and Win8.1 recently created dual boot. When system awakes from sleep(reopening the laptop screen) the display is multi colors with horizontal lines. This has only started after creating the dual boot. It take several hard restarts...
  6. Windows 10 Pro 2OH2 won't awake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Pro 2OH2 won't awake from sleep mode: With Windows 10 1803 I could awake computer by moving the mouse, but since updating to Windows 10 version 2OH2, only the processor switches on, but Windows doesn't boot up and I have to switch off the computer to get windows to start How can I get computer to function as...
  7. sleep mode Windows 10 awakes automatially

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode Windows 10 awakes automatially: when I switch my computer to sleep using the commands on the keyboard it does enter the sleep mode and shuts down. However, by its own, it wakes up again. I know that it is not the mouse doing this because I have checked the device manager. I have Windows 10. At an...
  8. Awake From Hibernation Mode Using Keyboard Keys or Mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Awake From Hibernation Mode Using Keyboard Keys or Mouse: So, I just got a new laptop, it seems in my settings, that windows by default will go into hibernate mode after 180 minutes, which is fine, however I am using my laptop as a desktop machine mainly, and it's inside a small compartment, and the only way to wake it is to try and...
  9. BSOD's when awaking from sleep, after windows 10 upgrade.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD's when awaking from sleep, after windows 10 upgrade.: Hi all, After updating to Windows 10 Pro recently I get a lot of BSOD's (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION). Mostly when my laptop wakes up from a well deserved moment of sleep. Also I noticed that sometimes the laptop awakens from sleep when I didn't ask it to wake up. Any help...
  10. Logitech mouse freezes up after computer is awake from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Logitech mouse freezes up after computer is awake from sleep mode.: I know this is a duplicate of another thread, but I couldn't get anyone to reply back to me in the other thread. But I have a Logitech mouse on my second computer which is an Acer Aspire XC-603G Desktop PC. When I wiggle the mouse to wake it up from sleep, sometimes the...