Windows 10: Windows 10 will not boot after an automatic update today

Discus and support Windows 10 will not boot after an automatic update today in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using a Toshiba Portégé ultrabook, running Windows 10 x64 upgrade from Windows 7. This morning, I stepped away from my computer, came back about an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by William Holden, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Windows 10 will not boot after an automatic update today

I'm using a Toshiba Portégé ultrabook, running Windows 10 x64 upgrade from Windows 7. This morning, I stepped away from my computer, came back about an hour later, and saw my screen flash the Toshiba logo then go to the Windows 10 logo with the system busy circle going underneath. It has been there ever since. I assume that it ran an automatic update while i was away. Any ideas?

:)

William Holden, Oct 2, 2018
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Windows 10 will not boot after an automatic update today

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 will not boot after an automatic update today

1. Windows 10 will not boot after an automatic update today - Similar Threads - boot automatic update

2. After automatic latest Windows 10 update today January 12th 2014 impossible to connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After automatic latest Windows 10 update today January 12th 2014 impossible to connect to...: After an automatic Windows 10 update, it is impossible to connect to internet it was working before. I get network connected BUT with no internet neither through Wifi nor through wired Ethernet connection, firewall has been turned-off also, but internet connectivity problem...
  3. After automatic latest Windows 10 update today January 12th 2014 impossible to connect to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After automatic latest Windows 10 update today January 12th 2014 impossible to connect to...: After an automatic Windows 10 update, it is impossible to connect to internet it was working before. I get network connected BUT with no internet neither through Wifi nor through wired Ethernet connection, firewall has been turned-off also, but internet connectivity problem...
  4. After automatic latest Windows 10 update today January 12th 2014 impossible to connect to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 stopped working after automatic update today: Stop code: REGISTRY ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stopped working after automatic update today: Stop code: REGISTRY ERROR: Hi this morning an automatic update installed and I was using my PC just fine, then suddenly it started running extremely slowly and became unresponsive so I hit my restart button my PC. Now when I try to boot up it always says "Stop code: Registry Error".I tried selecting...
  6. Windows 10 stopped working after automatic update today: Stop code: REGISTRY ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stopped working after automatic update today: Stop code: REGISTRY ERROR: Hi this morning an automatic update installed and I was using my PC just fine, then suddenly it started running extremely slowly and became unresponsive so I hit my restart button my PC. Now when I try to boot up it always says "Stop code: Registry Error".I tried selecting...
  7. Windows 10 stopped working after automatic update today: Stop code: REGISTRY ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 10 frozen after update today

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 frozen after update today: Installed Windws 10 auto update today. Screen indicated installd 100 % but did not proceed. Now screen freezes and i cannot get beyond start screen. I have tried ctrl/ alt// del, esc, windows key, power off etc. What else should i try?...
  9. Windows cannot boot after today's update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows cannot boot after today's update: I think what happened is after today's update all of a sudden windows wants to boot from a different disk drive, though I'm not sure why. In bios it is set to boot from my boot drive. Window 10 boot error - Album on Imgur As you can see Window Boot Repair is trying to use...
  10. Problems after cold boot today.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after cold boot today.: Hello, i've recently just had a couple unusual problems today after i started my computer from a shut down. The first thing that happened was a black screen with no hdmi signal a few minutes after logging in. The computer seemed operational but with just no graphics output....