Windows 10: Windows 10 will not boot and shows a black screen with cursor instead.

Discus and support Windows 10 will not boot and shows a black screen with cursor instead. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This happened to me last night, although I wasnt trying to boot the thing, i was trying to log in after pressing windows= + L and leaving it for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RenaudLeBlanc, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Windows 10 will not boot and shows a black screen with cursor instead.

This happened to me last night, although I wasnt trying to boot the thing, i was trying to log in after pressing windows=

+ L and leaving it for a few minutes. When i got back, i was greeted by a black screen. I tried restarting my pc, nothing changed, atill getting a black screen. I tried booting in safe mode, getting logon.exe error. I searched the internet but in vain. I am desperate, please help.

:)

RenaudLeBlanc, Jun 20, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jun 20, 2020
  3. BetsyCole Win User
    Black screen with blinking cursor

I run Windows 10 and have a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I can hit Control, Alt, Delete, and it reboots momentarily, show the Dell logo and F2 Setup anf F12 Boot Options in the lower right corner. Regardless of what key
    I hit, it goes right back to the Black screen w/ cursor. I can't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

BetsyCole, Jun 20, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

Windows 10 will not boot and shows a black screen with cursor instead.

Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 will not boot and shows a black screen with cursor instead.

1. Windows 10 will not boot and shows a black screen with cursor instead. - Similar Threads - boot shows black

2. Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor: Hello,I’ve been having issues with booting up my laptop lately. Today I turned it on like normal because I thought I needed to use my laptop, and I wasn’t paying attention, but I think what happened was my computer got to the login screen, but I just didn’t log in because I...
  3. Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor: Hello,I’ve been having issues with booting up my laptop lately. Today I turned it on like normal because I thought I needed to use my laptop, and I wasn’t paying attention, but I think what happened was my computer got to the login screen, but I just didn’t log in because I...
  4. Windows showing black screen with cursor at first, but then no cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 does not boot black screen and cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 does not boot black screen and cursor: Hello everyone. I have a problem with my Windows. I had two SSDs in the "mirror" dynamic disks, I used Acronis software to "break the mirror" and it broke my entire operating system. I converted the disks to "basic" using the Paragon tool and the datawas not lost, but...
  6. Windows 10 black screen with only cursor showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen with only cursor showing: Hello. I'm unable to log into my PC because when trying to turn it on i'm not presented with the normal log in page. I've tried ctl+alt+del and nothing shows up. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance...
  7. Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor

Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor: I shut down my laptop properly - no hard boot - and the next time I turned it on, I got a black screen with the cursor. I have tried a bunch of things but to no avail. I don't have any peripherals attached. Everything was working fine until the last shut down, all...
  8. Booting to black screen with cursor

Booting to black screen with cursor: Hello and thank you all for any help or ideas. In general, on startup my computer is 'scanning and repairing' drives, then booting into a black screen with cursor. I don't have a pc easily available to install usb boot programs but have tried a couple thus far. Refreshing or...
  9. Windows boots to black screen, no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots to black screen, no cursor: Windows 10 Prof x64 Sager Laptop, i7 NVidia 980M<br /><br /> This morning I resumed my computer back from sleep and different programs started hanging. So, I decided to restart. I restarted my computer and it stayed on the restart screen for ages, like 30 minutes. So I...
  10. Windows 10 commonly boots to a black screen with no cursor?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 commonly boots to a black screen with no cursor?: Yeah, just registered with Ten Forums and all that good stuff, and so here's my first of possibly many issues I shall bring to you. xD I upgraded my preview build of Windows 10 (10130) to the pro final version because the preview wasn't able to find additional builds and kept...