Windows 10: windows 10 will not boot and stuck on blue screen AUTO REPAIR CANNOT FIX and system restore...

Discus and support windows 10 will not boot and stuck on blue screen AUTO REPAIR CANNOT FIX and system restore... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows 10 will not boot and stuck on blue screen AUTO REPAIR CANNOT FIX and system restore will not let me select c drive this happened after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TINACHUNN, Oct 29, 2018.

1. TINACHUNN Win User

windows 10 will not boot and stuck on blue screen AUTO REPAIR CANNOT FIX and system restore...

windows 10 will not boot and stuck on blue screen AUTO REPAIR CANNOT FIX and system restore will not let me select c drive

this happened after I closed computer for the night and reopened it the next morning

keeps saying to fix computer needs to restart ....restarts....then i get blue screen with other options. Tried to do system restore...pulls up options ....box to check to restore drive c ...but i can not check box....HELP!

:)

TINACHUNN, Oct 29, 2018

2. Stuck in auto repair loop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the screen is stuck for a long time on auto repair, I suggest you to restart the computer using power button and check. If the issue still persist, I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment and check.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 stuck on Boot Screen with Auto repair & Diagnostic

Hi Adam,

To isolate your concern, since you were able to access Advanced options, have you also tried doing a system restore? If yes, and it does not resolve the issue we suggest that you perform Repair Master Boot Record. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Boot to Windows Recovery Menu.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • On Advanced options, click Automatic repair.
    • We need to use the Bootrec.exe tool. Click on command prompt and type the commands below:
    bootrec /RebuildBcd
    bootrec /fixMbr

bootrec /fixboot

Exit

5. Reboot the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Oct 29, 2018
  4. windows 10 will not boot and stuck on blue screen AUTO REPAIR CANNOT FIX and system restore...

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 will not boot and stuck on blue screen AUTO REPAIR CANNOT FIX and system restore...

1. windows 10 will not boot and stuck on blue screen AUTO REPAIR CANNOT FIX and system restore... - Similar Threads - boot stuck blue

2. Stuck on Auto Repair Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Auto Repair Screen: I was stuck on boot for a while, and after restarting multiple times, this screen is the one that keeps popping up now. If I try restarting, I get a blue screen of death with an error code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Tried Safe mode. Blue screen of death with same error code....
  3. Stuck on Auto Repair Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Auto Repair Screen: I was stuck on boot for a while, and after restarting multiple times, this screen is the one that keeps popping up now. If I try restarting, I get a blue screen of death with an error code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Tried Safe mode. Blue screen of death with same error code....
  4. Stuck on Auto Repair Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot perform system restore to fix automatic repair loop

Cannot perform system restore to fix automatic repair loop: My PC running on Windows 10 is caught in an automatic repair loop. I have tried to restore the system using system restore point. I was able to choose and execute a restore but that somehow failed and now I am told that no restore point is found on my PC.I have tried other...
  6. Stuck in a Blue Screen Boot Option Restoration Loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in a Blue Screen Boot Option Restoration Loop: Hello Everyone, I have two hard drives in my Laptop. One is an SSD in whichWindows 10 OS is installed and I had installed Ubuntu in my other hard drivewhich is a HDD DDR4. I uninstalled Ubuntu completely now and restored the bootsettings to Windows 10 back through the Boot...
  7. Stuck on welcome screen / Cannot restore system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on welcome screen / Cannot restore system: When I boot into Windows and proceed to insert the password, I get stuck in an infinite loading. I cannot restore the system, I get an unspecified error with an empty log, it simply say "cannot restore the system". So I tried to System Refresh to keep my files Holding shift...
  8. Blue screen cant boot into auto repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen cant boot into auto repair: Hi guys so today something unfortunate happened i tried to factory reset my pc since i thought some ping issues might be related to a program but when it booted up i got greeted with a blue screen and error code ntfs file system. I have a relatively new pc about 1 and half...
  9. Stuck in auto repair then recovery screen

Stuck in auto repair then recovery screen: Hi i have an asus laptop with windows 10 recently i forced it to shutdown when i tried to turn it on it says "preparing for automatic repair" under the logo of Asus then to the recovery screen with 4 options continue use a device troubleshoot turn off...
  10. Blue Screen and Auto Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen and Auto Repair Loop: Hi there! I've been trying to get my PC to work for days, but it's just not budging. I think this is due to the fact that, somehow, the Windows OS has been completely wiped from my device. I'll give you the information I have, and what I've done thus far. BEFORE ANYTHING:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot boot system blue screen

2. windows repair usb boot stuck blue screen