Windows 10: Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, hope someone can help me! I left my laptop on overnight about a week ago and when I tried to use it in the morning it was frozen on a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by amyn2, Feb 3, 2019.

1. amyn2 Win User

Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop

Hi, hope someone can help me!

I left my laptop on overnight about a week ago and when I tried to use it in the morning it was frozen on a black screen. When I rebooted it, it tried to run automatic repair and has been in a loop ever since.

I can get to a command prompt and can see that it is currently using Version 10.0.17134.1.

I have run chkdsk on C and D, but on the boot drive X is says it couldn't because it was write protected. After running chkdsk on C, it seemed to find errors and correct them, but I got the error message "Failed to transfer logged messages of the event log with status 50". On D, no problems were found.

I have run scannow and got the error "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation".

I have tried to restore to previous versions ("We ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous version of Windows" or "System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and settings were not changed. Details: System Restore failed while copying the registry from the restore point. An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x80070017)").

I have tried to reset: "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made".

I have tried startup repair: "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC. Log file C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt".

The log file says "Root cause found: bad hard disk".

Now, my hard disk has never been bad before (I know there is always a first time!), is it usual to have errors in C and presumably X, but not the D partition?

Do I need to get the hard drive replaced?

Can I attempt to create a Windows recovery USB on another computer and attempt to re-install? How do I know if I need to 32 or 64-bit version?

Thanks for any help Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop :)

Amy.

:)

amyn2, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Drivers for Toshiba Laptop

Can someone please get me a list of the required drivers for Windows 10 for my Toshiba laptop.

Also, can someone please assist me with my Toshiba Face Recognition feature? Whenever I try to unlock my computer with my face, it is not recognizing it. There has to be a reason why it isn't working. There is no tape over the webcam lens housing.

My Specs are listed in the Specs area of this forum.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Jesse Williams, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop

1. Windows 10 will not boot on my Toshiba laptop - Similar Threads - boot Toshiba laptop

2. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop: I have Toshiba laptop and unable to open boot menu. Laptop stuck at recovery environment. I have tried startup settings, startup repair, system restore point not available, reset was failed both by keeping all files and removing all filesthere was no option to open UEFI...
  3. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop: I have Toshiba laptop and unable to open boot menu. Laptop stuck at recovery environment. I have tried startup settings, startup repair, system restore point not available, reset was failed both by keeping all files and removing all filesthere was no option to open UEFI...
  4. boot menu was not working on toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 giving problems on my Toshiba laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 giving problems on my Toshiba laptop.: Rebooting and coming up with stopcode WHEA uncorrectable error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-giving-problems-on-my-toshiba-laptop/857d8f6d-9376-498e-bf13-0fe94e63551f
  6. Toshiba Laptop for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba Laptop for Windows 10: does Toshiba Satelite A665 laptop which has Windows 7 support upgrade to Windows 10 well? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-laptop-for-windows-10/0408a66a-f509-4a1f-a66a-4daa8f7967ee
  7. Toshiba Laptop Stuck at Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba Laptop Stuck at Boot Menu: So about one and a half weeks ago, I was snooping around my Discord cache folder before i deleted everything in it just because I was curious about it, and when I reopened the command prompt, I forgot to change the directory and accidentally converted some files in my user...
  8. Windows 10 fails to update on my Toshiba laptop

Windows 10 fails to update on my Toshiba laptop: First about the device: It's a Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5209 laptop from 2012. It came preloaded with Win7 Home Premium, I upgraded to Win10 Home in free upgrade program. It's battery can't charge, I'm using it only pluged-in. It appeares to have some software Wi-Fi issues...
  9. My Toshiba laptop with windows 10 "no bootable device"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Toshiba laptop with windows 10 "no bootable device": my laptop will not com on but it is giving me "no bootable device". Also my setup utility setting has enabling buttons but no automatic reset up. And it is sending a message regarding Realtek....
  10. Toshiba Lenovo Laptop (Windows 10) Boots indefinitely

Toshiba Lenovo Laptop (Windows 10) Boots indefinitely: Welcome to my nightmare! My Lenovo Laptop recently started an uninterruptible looping where it displays "Toshiba Leading Innovation", followed by twirling circle dots followed by"Attempting to recover installation", followed by "Restoring your previous version of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restore no boot win 10 toshiba