Windows 10: Windows 10 Will not Boot or Reset (BSOD)

Discus and support Windows 10 Will not Boot or Reset (BSOD) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a 2019 ASUS Scar II Laptop and ive been running the laptop for about a year. Absolutely no issues or BSOD's. Most of you will find this hard to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/evanwiger, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Will not Boot or Reset (BSOD)

I have a 2019 ASUS Scar II Laptop and ive been running the laptop for about a year. Absolutely no issues or BSOD's. Most of you will find this hard to believe, but I saw steam has added support for the DualSense 5 controller. So i bought one.

When I tried plugging the controller in, it started working after about half an hour the computer blue screened (whea_uncorrectable_error & similar errors). depicting a driver error. I kept using the controller for a couple days and got more and more blue screens and lockup freezing.

Never had this experience before. So I stopped using the controller but noticed the computer would still crash and freeze up time to time. during this period I made sure all software updates were completely up to date including all drivers for everything. Make sure my BIOS was completely up to date and even reinstalled it properly.

I used the system restore fuction but unfortunately the system restore was only 12 hours in the past. Did nothing to solve any issues. Realizing that this could be the downfall I immediately backed up on my information.

This is where things got interesting, I thought maybe I should try updating my internal Intel graphics 630 driver. (Horrible idea) While it was updating, my computer completely froze. I Turned it off, turned it back on and I got this blue screen

"CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". Now, that is the only thing I get when I try and turn on the computer. Since that has happened I've tried just about everything you can do to resolve this issue. I've tried resetting, tried starting up and safe mode several different types of ways, I've tried uninstalling all updates to no avail, I've tried using system restore and I've tried using command prompt for every single error that I received to try to fix the issue.

My next step is trying to do a clean install of Windows through USB. Although my computer doesn't seem to able to do that either. I've done a disc check and looks like my hard drive is in good health I can see all my information but just can't extract it or log in.

As of right now, when I try to boot the Windows ISO from USB it says I need to load a driver (media driver is missing) I've since downloaded a couple drivers that might be helpful for the install but have no idea where to start. I cannot access partitions or anything past the Windows setup "select the driver to install"

Is there any way I can install or uninstall the Intel graphics driver that didn't get installed properly through CMD? Or something similar to try and see if I can log in? There's got to be a way.

Where might I find the correct drivers to install in order to install Windows? I'm pretty sure they're already installed, already. I am helpless.

submitted by /u/evanwiger
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/evanwiger, Nov 25, 2020

2. ughhh! BSOD on boot

I guess my computer BSOD on boot right before getting to windows. not sure what the problem is though, everything is stable.

It gave me a list of two files in windows that could have caused the problems

MxPhenom 216, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 Will not Boot or Reset (BSOD)

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Will not Boot or Reset (BSOD)

1. Windows 10 Will not Boot or Reset (BSOD) - Similar Threads - Boot Reset BSOD

2. Windows 10 booting to BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 booting to BSOD: Hi,I’m trying to turn on my computer, but before I can even reach the sign-in page, I’m greeted by this message:Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.The digital signature for this file could not be verified.Error code: 0xc0000428I genuinely don’t even know what to do. After a...
  3. Windows 10 booting to BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 booting to BSOD: Hi,I’m trying to turn on my computer, but before I can even reach the sign-in page, I’m greeted by this message:Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.The digital signature for this file could not be verified.Error code: 0xc0000428I genuinely don’t even know what to do. After a...
  4. Windows 10 booting to BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Won't Boot or Reset BSOD

Windows 10 Won't Boot or Reset BSOD: I have a 2019 ASUS Scar II Laptop and ive been running the laptop for about a year. Absolutely no issues or BSOD's. Most of you will find this hard to believe, but I saw steam has added support for the DualSense 5 controller. So i bought one. When I tried plugging the...
  6. Windows 10 Boot Issue / Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Boot Issue / Reset: Hi guys, TLDR at the bottom : I have recently been using my computer, which I've had for over a year now, and on Friday 24th, I noticed that my computer started running a little laggy and certain apps would randomly close, e.g. Firefox. When checking Task manager I spotted...
  7. Windows 10 BSOD on boot, BSOD on reinstall

Windows 10 BSOD on boot, BSOD on reinstall: Hello. Recently I have been having lots of trouble with my PC. A few weeks ago I bluescreened and kept bluescreening right on boot, not even getting to login screen to go into safe mode. On trying to reinstall with a disk or USB, it again would just bluescreen before I...
  8. WINDOWS 10 won’t boot or reset!

WINDOWS 10 won’t boot or reset!: I have a laptop that willnot boot to windows or allow itself to be factory reset. I have tried most basic fixes including using a windows image files on external media. I have changed boot settings to only allow booting from my widows 10 disk and instead, it boots straight...
  9. BSOD on Windows 10 boot

BSOD on Windows 10 boot: I was stuck in safe mode for a few hours after getting many PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSODs. This is after upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7, and I think it might have something to do with soundcard drivers. I have a Soundblaster Audigy SE, and I was using daniel_k's...
  10. Windows 10 reset BSOD?

Windows 10 reset BSOD?: So I'm on the latest Windows 10 build (RTM) 10240 and today I wanted to reset my PC since I was getting some pretty poor gaming performance. Anyway I ran the reset and after it finished resetting, it got constant BSODs of inaccessible_boot_device. Thankfully Windows undid all...