Windows 10: Windows 10 will not boot

Discus and support Windows 10 will not boot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, I have windows 10/64 bit installed in the logical C drive of my computer. The computer has two logical drives C and D. UBUNTU 14 is also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hisham2019, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 will not boot

Hi there,

I have windows 10/64 bit installed in the logical C drive of my computer. The computer has two logical drives C and D.
    UBUNTU 14 is also installed in drive C. Some error happened while booting. Now I can not load neither OS. Both operating systems can not find the C nor D drive.
    Trying to reinstall windows from the installation media, it painfully very slowly goes through few starting steps reaching the option of reset PC, then displaying the following screen :

Reset this PC
    (The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again.)
    None of the options lsted in advanced options work. They all assume C drive exists.

pleeease! Can anyone help.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Hisham2019, Jan 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 will not boot

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 will not boot

1. Windows 10 will not boot - Similar Threads - boot

2. Unable to boot without dual boot HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot without dual boot HDD: Here's my situation: I have two Windows 10 installations, one in an HDD and one in an SSD. I want to get rid of the HDD but I can't. My computer won't boot if the HDD isn't present. In Computer Management, I can see the HDD flagged as system and the SSD flagged as bootable. I...
  3. HP EliteDesk 800 G4 will not Netboot but will boot from SDD.

in Windows 10 Support
    HP EliteDesk 800 G4 will not Netboot but will boot from SDD.: Hi, I am working with a EliteDesk 800 G4. I know this topic could probably be under either the Networking tab, or even the BIOS section. But I wasn't sure. Please redirect if needed. I am trying to netboot into a clone-deploy server that I have in place so that I can save...
  4. Windows 10 1903 Boot Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1903 Boot Problem: Hello. I recently updated to Windows 10 version 1903 from version 1809. I updated it without any USB devices plugged just in case. Afterwords, I had no problems. My computer would boot normally with USB devices plugged in for about one week. However, yesterday I began to run...
  5. Inaccessible boot device - reinstall storage controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Inaccessible boot device - reinstall storage controller: Hi, I have a Dell Precision 3530 with a PCIe SSD. In a try to get Windows to see my newly installed secondary m.2 SATA SSD, I've set the "BIOS" (UEFI) from RAID mode to AHCI mode. The boot was unsuccessful, now I get BSOD with "Inaccessible boot device" even after reverting...
  6. Corrupted boot sector after latest windows updated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted boot sector after latest windows updated: Last Friday I selected the 'update and shut down' option and left for a few days. Next time I tried to boot up, got the blue screen of death. Unable to repair, unable to restore. Looking through the srttrail log, I found "recently serviced boot binary is corrupt". Unable...
  7. Boot Manager error + missing windows apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot Manager error + missing windows apps: Hi there, I'm wondering if I could get some advice on some issues I'm having with boot manager and windows Background is my laptop has been back with the manufacturer a couple of times to do with not waking properly from sleep mode. During the last repair they changed the...
  8. Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows

Dual boot Ubuntu with pre-installed Windows: Hi! I have a Dell Inspiron 3543 laptop, which came pre-installed with Windows 8.1. I upgraded it to Windows 10 back in 2015, and currently I'm using Version 1903 OS Build 18362.175. I wish to set up a dual boot with Ubuntu 18.04.2 on this laptop. Is it possible to do it...
  9. Unidentified Network - Limited network Connectivity every time i boot up PC after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unidentified Network - Limited network Connectivity every time i boot up PC after shutdown.: Hi all, Hoping somebody may have a solution to this as it is driving me nuts. Every time that I shut down my PC, when I boot it back up, I will have no internet access with the above error of "Unidentified network" and/ or "Limited network Connectivity". Troubleshooter can...
  10. [Windows 10 clean install] Booting from USB freezes on black screen w/dots

[Windows 10 clean install] Booting from USB freezes on black screen w/dots: I recently built a computer (see parts list below) and I am attempting to install Windows 10 via a USB on a new SSD (NOTE: This is a brand new install, I don't have an existing harddrive with Windows on it). I have downloaded the Windows Media tool and formatted the USB...