Windows 10: Windows 10 will not boot

Discus and support Windows 10 will not boot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, I have windows 10/64 bit installed in the logical C drive of my computer. The computer has two logical drives C and D. UBUNTU 14 is also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hisham2019, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 will not boot

Hi there,

I have windows 10/64 bit installed in the logical C drive of my computer. The computer has two logical drives C and D.
    UBUNTU 14 is also installed in drive C. Some error happened while booting. Now I can not load neither OS. Both operating systems can not find the C nor D drive.
    Trying to reinstall windows from the installation media, it painfully very slowly goes through few starting steps reaching the option of reset PC, then displaying the following screen :

Reset this PC
    (The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again.)
    None of the options lsted in advanced options work. They all assume C drive exists.

pleeease! Can anyone help.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Hisham2019, Jan 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 will not boot

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 will not boot

1. Windows 10 will not boot - Similar Threads - boot

2. 0xc0000017 BSOD Boot error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc0000017 BSOD Boot error: Hello members, Some background: I upgraded my window 8 system to win 10 a few years ago. I only have the win 8 DVD installation disk since the win 10 upgrade was done through Windows update. For the most part things have been okay until today. On boot up I got a 0xc0000017...
  3. Windows 10 partition wont boot anymore

Windows 10 partition wont boot anymore: It's a little complicated. As a fan of windows XP I'd like having one as dual boot with my Windows 10, but after completing it the only windows to start is the XP. I tried a lot of methods to boot into windows 10 but the partition it is on is not the default. Because of...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after Automatic Update and Automatic Repair unable to resolve

Windows 10 Laptop fails to boot after Automatic Update and Automatic Repair unable to resolve: My Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 310-151sk fails to boot after undergoing an Automatic Microsoft Scheduled upate on the evening of 17 or 18 January 2019. All I get now is the "Automatic Repair" screen. However even when I try several of the options here, the laptop still fails to...
  5. Cannot UEFI boot on another drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot UEFI boot on another drive: Hello, I am using a laptop with 2 drives. Lets call them Disk0 and Disk1. On both disk I have installed windows pro. I thought i could simply tell in the BIOS on which drive to boot but it did not work like that, so I decided to install AIOBoot and Clover on a Fat32...
  6. Windows 10 boot with Windows logo instead of HP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 boot with Windows logo instead of HP: Hello, this time I have a question with my other computer, which is a HP Elite Slice running the newest version of Windows 10. Nowadays I've seen that the boot screen with the Windows logo looks better than the one that I got, the modified HP logo. Do I have a way for the...
  7. How to install Boot manager and windows on seperate disks ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install Boot manager and windows on seperate disks ?: Hello, I recently wiped my old laptop and replaced the sata DVD drive by an SSD. I figured I could use this SSD to gain some extra speed. But the bios being kinda hold it refuses to boot in UEFI mode so I'm stuck with the standard BIOS mode which refuse to boot from the...
  8. Internal power error on boot from hibenation

Internal power error on boot from hibenation: Hello, I have a problem when I connected my laptop(MSI GP63 8RF) to monitor(AOC I2381FH) via HDMI cable. after I unplug cable and close the lid for hibernation, I open the lid for boot window and then this error occurs. It's happen every-time I connect to my monitor....
  9. New Motherboard/RAM/Processor, Windows 10 won't boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    New Motherboard/RAM/Processor, Windows 10 won't boot up: Hello, I wasn't sure where to post this so I posted it here. I installed a new mobo, processor, and RAM into my computer today. When I booted it up, all seemed to be going well, until my computer got stuck on the "Getting Devices Ready" screen, and the Windows 10 logo froze....
  10. PC Won't boot

PC Won't boot: Resest bios to factory and now windows gives me this error. 0xc0000225 On attempting to fix using bootrec /fixboot I get an access denied error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-wont-boot/02ad87a2-2d9d-4edd-af8c-118dff7e99d5