Windows 10: Windows 10 will not complete the boot-up routine; blue-screen only with cursor visible and...

Discus and support Windows 10 will not complete the boot-up routine; blue-screen only with cursor visible and... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Can someone help please? We have an Acer Aspire 5742 laptop running Windows 10 but following a system update it will not complete the boot-up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PDE#22, Jul 2, 2020.

1. PDE#22 Win User

Windows 10 will not complete the boot-up routine; blue-screen only with cursor visible and...

Hello,

Can someone help please? We have an Acer Aspire 5742 laptop running Windows 10 but following a system update it will not complete the boot-up routine; it just gives an empty blue-screen with only the cursor visible and movable.

It did try conducting a 'self-repair' and I've tried the powering it up and down trick a few times and managed to get to the 'problem fix' options page but none of those would work citing a partition code error...!

I'm not an IT person so my knowledge is very limited; so I'm stuck on what to do next...however, I have now got it showing theAdministrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe page but not sure what to enter here...any suggestions anyone?

PS: the MS Windows version detailed on this page is: [Version 10.0.18362.1]

MTIA

PDE

:)

PDE#22, Jul 2, 2020
  2. PDE#22 Win User

Windows 10 will not complete the boot-up routine; blue-screen only with cursor visible and movable!

Hello,

Can someone help please? We have an Acer Aspire 5742 laptop running Windows 10 but following a system update it will not complete the boot-up routine; it just gives an empty blue-screen with only the cursor visible and movable.

It did try conducting a 'self-repair' and I've tried the powering it up and down trick a few times and managed to get to the 'problem fix' options page but none of those would work citing a partition code error...!

I'm not an IT person so my knowledge is very limited; so I'm stuck on what to do next...however, I have now got it showing the
    Administrator: X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe page but not sure what to enter here...any suggestions anyone?

PS: the MS Windows version detailed on this page is: [Version 10.0.18362.1]

MTIA

PDE

PDE#22, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Windows Boot Screen starts up with cursor

Hello Lance,

A cursor on Windows boot screen is normal. However, if the boot screen is stuck in a blue or black screen that is not. To isolate the issue, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Are there any recent changes on your device?
    • Can you attached a
      screenshot
      of the issue?
    • Which
      Windows 10 build and version
      is installed on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Aug 5, 2020
  4. JMCCAU01 Win User

Windows 10 will not complete the boot-up routine; blue-screen only with cursor visible and...

Blue Screen Will Not Boot Up

removed both sticks of memory maybe loose or dusty retry 1 at a time still will not boot
    only blue screen tried to boot safe mode still same

JMCCAU01, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 will not complete the boot-up routine; blue-screen only with cursor visible and... - Similar Threads - complete boot routine

2. Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in: Hi there,Recently, i logged in my laptop but after entering pin, it is not displaying desktop and it is displaying black screen only with a cursor. I've tried everything but it ain't working. I hope to receive help for this issue.......
  3. Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in: Hi there,Recently, i logged in my laptop but after entering pin, it is not displaying desktop and it is displaying black screen only with a cursor. I've tried everything but it ain't working. I hope to receive help for this issue.......
  4. Black screen with only cursor visible after logging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11- Black screen with only mouse cursor visible before login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11- Black screen with only mouse cursor visible before login screen: I have Dell Vostro 5481 laptop Core i7, 16 GB RAM. I had Windows 10 Pro, upgraded to Windows 11 and started facing this issue. When I power on the laptop after Dell logo I can hear windows boot sound but screen is black with only mouse pointer visible, I can move the mouse...
  6. HELP! On booting up, screen was completely black, only thing visible was mouse pointer....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! On booting up, screen was completely black, only thing visible was mouse pointer....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/someonewhowa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/goqtlu/help_on_booting_up_screen_was_completely_black/
  7. Black screen with visible cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen with visible cursor: Hello everybody! I have a little problem with my screen. Every time I want to wake up my computer from the "hibernate mode" everything seems to be working but the screen, I only get a black screen but I am able to see the mouse arrow. If I press ctr+alt+del I am able to...
  8. Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor: I shut down my laptop properly - no hard boot - and the next time I turned it on, I got a black screen with the cursor. I have tried a bunch of things but to no avail. I don't have any peripherals attached. Everything was working fine until the last shut down, all...
  9. Windows 10 booting into blank screen with mouse cursor only

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 booting into blank screen with mouse cursor only: Hi all, I wanted to know if anyone could help with the below. I currently have a Windows 10 laptop that was working without issues for a while, however after a restart the laptop appears to load windows but never get to the login screen, only show a blank screen with...
  10. Windows 10 boots to black screen, no cursor, only sound.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boots to black screen, no cursor, only sound.: Hello there, Ever since i upgraded to the latest consumer build for W10Pro. The following issue occurs while booting: Windows 10 boots to the infamous black screen, but then nothing happens. Only windows 10 beeps can be heard when i press the mouse or spacebar. The only...