Windows 10: Windows 10 will not complete updates

Discus and support Windows 10 will not complete updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ver: 1803, build: 17134.345 Windows Update tells me that my device is missing important security and quality fixes. When check for updates is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mfd115, Jan 16, 2019.

1. mfd115 Win User

Windows 10 will not complete updates

Ver: 1803, build: 17134.345

Windows Update tells me that my device is missing important security and quality fixes. When check for updates is selected, it cannot find anything to update. Is this a new bug that is being worked on or a hidden check box that I'm not aware of?

:)

mfd115, Jan 16, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 will not complete updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 16, 2019
  3. chispy Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 will not complete updates - Similar Threads - complete updates

2. My pc is stuck on “ we couldn’t complete update, undoing changes” screen where it just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is stuck on “ we couldn’t complete update, undoing changes” screen where it just...: I accidentally turned off my pc from the plug mid update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-stuck-on-we-couldnt-complete-update/8312e63d-7f9f-4c5c-b176-533bad3b1744
  3. My pc is stuck on “ we couldn’t complete update, undoing changes” screen where it just...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is stuck on “ we couldn’t complete update, undoing changes” screen where it just...: I accidentally turned off my pc from the plug mid update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-stuck-on-we-couldnt-complete-update/8312e63d-7f9f-4c5c-b176-533bad3b1744
  4. My pc is stuck on “ we couldn’t complete update, undoing changes” screen where it just...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 breaks keyboard after all updates are complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 breaks keyboard after all updates are complete: Why is windows 11 disabling keyboard drivers after it updates it self? I've tried everything on the internet to get it to work without success. Even a usb keyboard will not work. Ran SFC and DISM, reinstalled windows 11 over top of itself that also did not work. Please help...
  6. Windows 11 breaks keyboard after all updates are complete

Windows 11 breaks keyboard after all updates are complete: Why is windows 11 disabling keyboard drivers after it updates it self? I've tried everything on the internet to get it to work without success. Even a usb keyboard will not work. Ran SFC and DISM, reinstalled windows 11 over top of itself that also did not work. Please help...
  7. Cannot complete Windows 11 updates successfully Error Messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot complete Windows 11 updates successfully Error Messages: I cannot complete the Windows 11 updates, every time I restart my PC is just says "Something went wrong, don't worry undoing changes" I have tried all trouble shooting steps to reset Windows 11 updates, SFC /Scannow, and even did DSKCHK and it states these results back to me...
  8. Cannot complete Windows 11 updates successfully Error Messages

Cannot complete Windows 11 updates successfully Error Messages: I cannot complete the Windows 11 updates, every time I restart my PC is just says "Something went wrong, don't worry undoing changes" I have tried all trouble shooting steps to reset Windows 11 updates, SFC /Scannow, and even did DSKCHK and it states these results back to me...
  9. How do I disable automatic updates in Windows 11, completely and eternally?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable automatic updates in Windows 11, completely and eternally?: A couple months back I had an update foisted upon me by our overlords, and it completely broke my Thunderbolt ports which I was highly reliant on and also my PC speakers. Over the next few weeks, another update fixed the speakers. I was about ready to take my system in to get...
  10. How do I disable automatic updates in Windows 11, completely and eternally?

How do I disable automatic updates in Windows 11, completely and eternally?: A couple months back I had an update foisted upon me by our overlords, and it completely broke my Thunderbolt ports which I was highly reliant on and also my PC speakers. Over the next few weeks, another update fixed the speakers. I was about ready to take my system in to get...