Windows 10: Windows 10 will not create restore point I/O device error {0x8007045D

Discus and support Windows 10 will not create restore point I/O device error {0x8007045D in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 stopped working a few weeks ago. I could not start a program or anything, saying I did not have permission. I restarted and logged in as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wrgarrett, Jul 30, 2020.

1. wrgarrett Win User

Windows 10 will not create restore point I/O device error {0x8007045D

Windows 10 stopped working a few weeks ago. I could not start a program or anything, saying I did not have permission. I restarted and logged in as administrator and it said I did not have permission. So I tried to do a restore. I rebooted into Safe mode and tried to restore and it said no restore points found. I did not know what else to do so I did a complete system factory reset and reinstalled all my apps.

Now today it started acting up again for no reason apparent to me. File explorer would freeze up when I tried to delete a file or move a file or open a directory or navigate to another disk.

I would get this error message: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error {0x8007045D

I installed no new apps or did anything out of the ordinary, just day to day use, mostly just surfing the internet I'm retired and reading email and watching videos. I have run Windows Defender full scan, nothing found. I ran MalwareBytes, nothing found.

So I went to system restore and again found no restore points found. So I decided to create a restore point. I got this error message:

The restore point could not be created for the following reason:
    The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error {0x8007045D
    Please try again.

I rebooted and tried again and get the same error message again and again.

Explorer did start working correctly after the first reboot but restore did not and still won't.

Can someone please help?

:)

wrgarrett, Jul 30, 2020

2. error code 0x8007045d

Hi Gloria,

The issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we recommend to check this thread and look for Gokul T answer. It contains troubleshooting steps to fix the issue:

Error 0x8007045D: the request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

Phillip Pio, Jul 30, 2020
  3. 0x8007045D I/O error

I have a Windows 10 laptop. I wanna copy a file from my computer to a 3.96 GB PD. But when I try to do so, A message box appears with a message, "An unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use
    the error code to search for help with this problem .

Error 0x8007045D: The request couldn't be performed because of an I/O device error."

What can I do?

Regards

KAUSTUBH KEJRIWAL, Jul 30, 2020
  4. BJM
    bjm Win User

System restore point automatic create not working....need help.

Update: Event Viewer seems to suggest >

Successfully created restore point (Process = C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe; Description = O&O ShutUp10).
    Successfully created restore point (Process = C:\Program Files\HitmanPro\HitmanPro.exe Files\HitmanPro\HitmanPro.exe" ; Description = Checkpoint by HitmanPro).

Successfully created (if true) is not populating to Restore your computer to the state... list.

I'm also seeing Error VSS & Error CAP12

Most of Event Viewer is over-my-pay-grade.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 will not create restore point I/O device error {0x8007045D - Similar Threads - create restore point

2. i/o device error 0x8007045D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i/o device error 0x8007045D: My SD card is giving me this i/o error 0x8007045D and does not allow any files to copy, transfer or format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/io-device-error-0x8007045d/de0aeb12-958a-42b1-8e2a-ae533a3ce986
  3. i/o device error 0x8007045D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i/o device error 0x8007045D: My SD card is giving me this i/o error 0x8007045D and does not allow any files to copy, transfer or format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/io-device-error-0x8007045d/de0aeb12-958a-42b1-8e2a-ae533a3ce986
  4. i/o device error 0x8007045D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No restore point created (Windows 10)?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    No restore point created (Windows 10)?: Hello, Since I have FPS drops in Valorant, I watched a video of the Yter Panjno, he created his own register files where he optimized the FPS, now I have all files for FPS Boost also Reg files saved, unfortunately after a test it was even worse than before and I wanted to...
  6. Error when create restore point.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when create restore point.: How this error occure when i am createing access point.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-create-restore-point/1c6c732c-4d73-4e16-b71e-02783a8d9fd6
  7. Windows 10 will not create restore points.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not create restore points.: System protection for the drive C: is turned on. The drive has been configured. The drive's allotment is at 30%. I click to set a restore point, which works: It goes through the process and, then, tells me that a restore point has been created. However, when I click...
  8. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  9. Create restore point not working (error)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create restore point not working (error): In previous versions of Windows 10, I could create restore points by typing the related phrase then clicking the item in the Start menu. Now I have Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.195) and I can still launch Create restore point via Start menu, but I get this message:...
  10. creating repair disc - error 0x8007045d

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    creating repair disc - error 0x8007045d: I am just updating my backup protocol and got to the point of creating a new repair disc. I am using my internal dvd drive on my Acer laptop and using Windows 10. Whatever disc I load gets the error code error 0x8007045d. Searching the net I got one article sugesting I...
Tags: