Windows 10: Windows 10 will not 'delete' several files in thr "Download " Folder.

Discus and support Windows 10 will not 'delete' several files in thr "Download " Folder. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Size "0". They are .MP4 videos. Have tried "Windows Explorer" as ADMIN but nothing. version: 20H2 (Build 19042.928) 177979 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jagman, May 4, 2021.

1. jagman Win User

Windows 10 will not 'delete' several files in thr "Download " Folder.

Size "0". They are .MP4 videos. Have tried "Windows Explorer" as ADMIN but nothing. version: 20H2 (Build 19042.928)

:)

jagman, May 4, 2021
  2. Tintai Win User

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, May 5, 2021
  3. R9
    r9 Win User
    Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

4. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Windows 10 will not 'delete' several files in thr "Download " Folder. ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 will not 'delete' several files in thr "Download " Folder. - Similar Threads - 'delete' several files

2. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  3. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  4. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder

Microsoft deleted all files in Downloads folder: HelloMy laptop started to sync to one drive and noticed that all my files in Downloads folder were deleted and not being sync. I am lost and lost 20Gb of data. Is there anything that I can do in order to restore these files?Thank you!...
  6. Do not delete pdf file in Download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do not delete pdf file in Download folder: Please,I have one problem.I don't delete pdf files in my Download folder.Filename are...
  7. cant delete mp4 file that is in downloads folder

cant delete mp4 file that is in downloads folder: nothing has worked so far to delete this file any type of file editor crashes when trying to edit the file and hitting delete on the file does nothing...
  8. Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder

Problem with deleted files from Downloads folder: So, I had win 8.1 and recently updated to win 10. I earlier only downloaded files in :C because I didn't create another drive out of it. So I did it in win 10 partitioning the drives during booting up your system After that, I tried taking all my files in downloads folder to...
  9. Specify Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10: How to: Specify Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10 How to Specify when Storage Sense Delete Files in Downloads Folder in Windows 10 Starting with Storage Sense option in Storage Settings to automatically get rid of the files you dont need to...
  10. folder with several files issue

folder with several files issue: I recently upgrading both of my computers to windows 10 from windows 8.1 and I see this issue on both machines. when I'm in a folder with lots of files ( example music folder with 400 songs) and I scroll down through the folder looking at the files, without me doing...