Windows 10: Windows 10 will not detect second monitor and just mirrors the display

Discus and support Windows 10 will not detect second monitor and just mirrors the display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi My son has a gaming pc with a new NVidia video card and running Windows 10 I believe and we have just purchased an ultra wide gaming monitor for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RobertHellen1, May 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 will not detect second monitor and just mirrors the display

Hi

My son has a gaming pc with a new NVidia video card and running Windows 10 I believe and we have just purchased an ultra wide gaming monitor for his birthday.

He wishes to keep his AOC existing monitor and have 2 monitors up and running and to extend the display and not mirror.

We have connected both via HDMI using I think the term is a HDMI splitter purchased from Amazon.

We have updated the Nvidia drivers as suggested and ensured all the cables are connected but when we go to Settings and additional display it does not detect the second monitor and the display is mirrored with no option to extend.

Searched on the web for half a day with no real suggestions. I use 2 monitors at work without issue so cannot explain to him why it will not detect the 2nd display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

RobertHellen1, May 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade.Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Changing the title

Old title – Dual monitor issue.

New title – Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when
    setting up displays.

TaylorFeltner, May 13, 2019
  3. DavidP24 Win User
    Won't detect second monitor after Windows 10 upgrade

I was automatically upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 yesterday and now my second monitor can't be detected. Windows says it doesn't detect the second one, even though it displays two. When I move the mouse, it moves across both screens, but the second monitor essentially just mirrors the main monitor. This only started happening after the upgrade.

DavidP24, May 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 will not detect second monitor and just mirrors the display

second monitor not detected

so after a windows 10 update on 11/23/17 my second monitor is not detected any more I do have a mirror image though. I have checked to see if the drivers are up to date and they are. I restored the computer back to 11/15/17 and that worked for about an
    hour then it D/L the update again and I'm back to a mirror image. also the display resolution is set for 1280x1024 but looks more like 800x600

BrianBluto, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 will not detect second monitor and just mirrors the display

1. Windows 10 will not detect second monitor and just mirrors the display - Similar Threads - detect second monitor

2. Windows 11 will not detect or display my second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not detect or display my second monitor: Hi windows help folk.I am having issues displaying multiple monitors on windows 11. I have verified that both monitors will display fine on a windows 10 and both cables are working correctly. I have updated my Nvidia drivers, display drivers, tried multiple ports, adjusted hz...
  3. Windows 11 will not detect or display my second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not detect or display my second monitor: Hi windows help folk.I am having issues displaying multiple monitors on windows 11. I have verified that both monitors will display fine on a windows 10 and both cables are working correctly. I have updated my Nvidia drivers, display drivers, tried multiple ports, adjusted hz...
  4. Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed: I have a YOGA 920 running Windows 11. Here is the specs: Device name DESKTOP-PHBFR7H Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.84 GB usable Device ID 2C6DDC9C-8454-418B-A232-25A06FEF34DE Product ID 00325-96351-78859-AAOEM System type...
  5. Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Monitor Detected but Not Displayed: I have a YOGA 920 running Windows 11. Here is the specs: Device name DESKTOP-PHBFR7H Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.84 GB usable Device ID 2C6DDC9C-8454-418B-A232-25A06FEF34DE Product ID 00325-96351-78859-AAOEM System type...
  6. My second monitor is not detecting but is mirroring my primary display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My second monitor is not detecting but is mirroring my primary display: About 10 minutes ago, both of my monitors went black and I restarted my computer which fixed the issue until I logged in and saw that my second monitor was mirroring my first. I went to the display setting to find that only one of my monitors was being detected, yet they were...
  7. Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it

Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it: I purchased a secondmonitor to help me with work and studies, I use a VGA splitter witch goes froma VGAMale to 2 VGAFemale ports, connected both monitors, and the second monitor is mirroring the first one, I tried looking for solutions on youtube, butit didn't help that why...
  8. Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it

Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it: I purchased a second monitor to help me with work and studies, i use a VGA splitter witch goes from a VGAMale to 2 VGAFemale ports, connected both monitors and the second monitor is mirroring the first one, i tried looking for solutions on youtube, but it didin't help thats...
  9. My second monitor is not detected but still mirrors my first.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My second monitor is not detected but still mirrors my first.: My graphics card only has 1 HDMI output and I used an HDMI splitter which has two monitor extended mode support in order to get around this issue. In settings, my second monitor which is a small VIZIO TV is not detected but it is mirroring my first monitor. I have looked at...
  10. Second Monitor is not Detected in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second Monitor is not Detected in Windows 10: Hey so I just got a new computer, before I had windows 7 and everything worked fine. But with my new rig, the second monitor no longer displays. I've done a clean installation of my drivers but still nothing. Also tried windows key and P to select extend but again nothing has...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot detect external monitor 1903

2. windows not detecing second monitor just replicating

3. 2nd monitor not detected but will mirror